Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Yay to rom coming over here! Great job on your FP tables! How did FP's flippers get tweaked to play like the real thing? Their angles seemed right, but they wouldn't go like a normal pinball would.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE DLC Tables Pack #5 featuring Harley-Davidson Third Edition and Taxi is AVAILABLE NOW! on PS3/PS Vita (NA) for $4.99 USD (single purchase for both platforms).

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Should we add TAF, TSPP and T2 to the upcoming list? I just read the Warp Zoned interview with Rob Mann and he confirmed that they were pursuing those three licenses.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Should we add TAF, TSPP and T2 to the upcoming list? I just read the Warp Zoned interview with Rob Mann and he confirmed that they were pursuing those three licenses.
Tables are only added to the list when they're near-100% certain bets. Twilight Zone and ST:TNG weren't added until after their kickstarters succeeded.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE DLC Tables Pack #5 featuring Harley-Davidson Third Edition and Taxi is AVAILABLE NOW! on PS3/PS Vita (EU) for £3.99, €4.99 and AU$8.45. (single purchase for both platforms).

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Jeff, is it possible to set the thread such that only PiN WiZ (and the moderation team) can post to it? That would make it a lot more useful to me. I would set it to subscribe - email instantly in that case. Anyone can, of course, start a discussion topic of any news item posted here on their own.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jeff, is it possible to set the thread such that only PiN WiZ (and the moderation team) can post to it? That would make it a lot more useful to me. I would set it to subscribe - email instantly in that case. Anyone can, of course, start a discussion topic of any news item posted here on their own.

That would be a good solution. I'll ask Gord about it.

N

Nik Barbour

Re: Latest NEWS And INFORMATION From FarSight Studios Concerning The Pinball Arcade

The very definition of a forum is a public place where anyone can speak.

You lock this thread down so only certain people can post (ie mods & PinWiz) and I'm done subscribing.

It's more often the case that people beat PinWiz to posting something than him doing it (I'm not blaming him, he has a kid, a job, and a life, and has to sleep and take a sh1t once in a while).

I'm personally keen to hear from anyone with TPA related news as it happens, not when it fits in with half a dozen peoples schedules!

I've had this thread on instant notification since the start.

Lock down is one step too far.
Freedom of speech!

karl

May 10, 2012
I hear you Nik, but at least my point of view is to have one (and only one) official news thread that is purely based on news about farsight. Nothing wrong with any type of comments but there is a million other threads for that. We all tend to stray away from the bottom line sometimes (nothing wrong with that) The point is to have one thread you are sure to read some kind of news when you check it and not what I am doing right now to ruin it (damn, did I just fell into a trap?)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nik, the original purpose of this thread was to be a source of news. The problem is people keep posting comments that aren't news and the thread turns into a discussion instead (I just moved over a full page comments today for instance), so those who are subscribed are getting notifications for each comment, and that's not exactly the best scenario. I hope you understand. It's something we should've been more clear about in the beginning.

Anyone can still start other threads to discuss any news, breaking or otherwise. So things should be much more organized this way, and easier to manage.

It's up to PW though. We could just keep doing what we've been doing too.

Last edited:

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012
Re: Latest NEWS And INFORMATION From FarSight Studios Concerning The Pinball Arcade

I'm all for making this particular thread limited to updates by PinWiz and mods only. You should be able to do it pretty easily by making a separate usergroup, and making this thread read only to everyone outside that group. No offense to everyone else, but I'd rather only get subscription notifications for this thread when PinWiz is adding new info. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I have been getting constructive feedback on how to handle this News thread lately and I'm taking all of it into consideration. I'll make a decision on what's best for the overall community by the beginning of next week. In the meantime, if you have any feedback or concerns, please feel free to PM me.

N

Nik Barbour

In that case - My suggestion for the news thread would be.....

Lock down the current news thread.
But start a new thread, stickied alongside it, maybe called 'News Discussions & Posts'.

User can post their news in the new thread & freely discuss events & issues there.

Whoever wants both can subscribe to both, whoever wants just the official can ignore the new thread.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In that case - My suggestion for the news thread would be.....

Lock down the current news thread.
But start a new thread, stickied alongside it, maybe called 'News Discussions & Posts'.

User can post their news in the new thread & freely discuss events & issues there.

Whoever wants both can subscribe to both, whoever wants just the official can ignore the new thread.

That actually a very good idea, Nik.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Taking all feedback into consideration, I have made the decision to lock this thread to prevent posts from forum members to better maintain this news thread and allow those who subscribe to this thread to only get e-mail alerts whenever updates are posted as this was the original idea behind creating this thread.

Rest assured that I will still continuously update this thread with all the latest news and information concerning The Pinball Arcade and subscribers to this thread will only get e-mail alerts whenever updates are posted from here on out.

For those who would like to discuss the latest news and information posted in this thread or post news and/or information not yet posted here, you can do so in The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Added Release Time Frames for Table Add-On Pack #8 featuring The Twilight Zone.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Table Add-On Pack #6 featuring Elvira and the Party Monsters and No Good Gofers! is AVAILABLE NOW! on PS3/PS Vita (EU) for £3.99, €4.99 and AU$8.45 (single purchase for both platforms).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts