Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
It's delayed. Happened before and was mostly Apple's doing: they have to approve each app and that process is sometimes longer than usual, for example with the release of a new iOS. This time it could be Farsight though, with them probably at work on the new Farsight-Stern app. Usually it's a week late.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
My greatest fear is that TPA, which still needs a lot of work across all platforms, will suffer all the more from FS prioritizing the Stern app, which for all we know could be F2P garbage.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Ugh, I maxed the score and still didn't get that 150m jackpot.. then once maxed it didn't let me start creature multiball again, all it did was go into ball search and toss it back while telling me to lock the ball.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Wow, not on ANY consoles, not even XBOne or PS4, so I don't feel so left out. :)

Actually, XBOne and PS4 are always the last to get new tables, by a matter of months. I think right now the only people left out who usually aren't are iOS users, like me :)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
My greatest fear is that TPA, which still needs a lot of work across all platforms, will suffer all the more from FS prioritizing the Stern app, which for all we know could be F2P garbage.

You may be right in general, but I think the majority of problems with the Frankenstein table and the delays are because of complications stemming from the Frankenstein original ROM and the larger DMD. The larger DMD has unfortunately caused unexpected bugs that spill over to other tables DMD's and require extra time and work to fix.

And regarding other tables, Farsight are actually working continuously on improving them. For example, in Android beta, along with frankenstein, there were rez updates to a bunch of tables, with a second bunch of tables being worked on for us to test soon. Unfortunately the unforseen Franenstein complications put some delays and more work on some of these updates to tables. I could be wrong, but my impression is core TPA is not being particularly overseen or left behind.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Since there isn't a subsection for this table yet, I'd like to hear some thoughts on a strategy to nail that spinner reliably. Here's what I got so far, I shot that ice cave because I wondered why it was lit and nothing was in the instructions

The bumpers aren't the only demotivators

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015

I really don't see SPA being free to play but until Stern gives us more details everyone will speculate.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
No, that rule sheet DOES mention the secret diverter.

HOw the game is harder then real life.

1) balls dribbling out of the left exit fromt he bumpers NEVER drop into geneva in TPA. this is fairly frequent in real life.
2) sarc doesn't always shoot hard enough to let you shoot ice cave after.

how it's easier then real life.
1) geneva is easly trapped.
2) you can ndge stall shoot the ramp.
3) left orbit is pretty darn easy to hit, compared with real life.

Tips.

1) you must play through creation multiball legit to get the 1 billion creation bonus. if you tilt it will not show your total and you will not get it.
2) collecting a super jackpot gives you 6 ball victor.
3) you can, with practice after shooting geneva, hold the flipper up until it bounces once, then whack it on the second bounce. you can get it up the ramp that way, or into north pole.
4) the bumpers are dangerous. however, ice cave awards are very useful. espeically super alive, start cration scene, and sopt creation letter.
5)If you have reached creation multiball on physical ball one, you can get a LOT of score by cheating, since it will keep relighting that extra ball for you until you hit the extra ball limit. and it's still worth it until you run out of EBs and get to ball three..
6) some modes can be completed by starting multiball. the only ones that can't be completed every time are creature feature (you will never get the letter if you start multiball) Graveyard (you need to collect a leg and an arm first for it to give it to you) and lynch justine (you only get it if you already collected 2 out of 3 hurryups.) all other modes can and should be completed by interrupting with multiball.
7) looping the ramp is very useful to learn, but hard to do consistently. nudge stall shoot, if you learn it will work well... except creature feature. you will time out if you try it there.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
And yes, that secret diverter is missing and it's in their data base.

Do you mean to say the diverter is supposed to be in play during multiball? I've seen it show up during play when those rules say (when kickback isn't lit).
The diverter is active right after the kickback is used to feed the upper flipper, and also when:
The kickback is not lit
The spinner is not lit by the left inlane
Creature 2-ball is not lit

invitro

May 4, 2012
HOw the game is harder then real life.

1) balls dribbling out of the left exit fromt he bumpers NEVER drop into geneva in TPA. this is fairly frequent in real life.
2) sarc doesn't always shoot hard enough to let you shoot ice cave after.

how it's easier then real life.
1) geneva is easly trapped.
2) you can ndge stall shoot the ramp.
3) left orbit is pretty darn easy to hit, compared with real life.

I agree with the 1st (2) about the Sarc kickout.

I don't agree with the 2nd (1): the Geneva kickout is (very) easily trapped on the real thing, too... or at least on the machines I played. I'm sure there are some machines that are tuned so the kickout is super-strong, though. Also disagree for (3): the L orbit seems about the same in TPA and my real life memories.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I like this table but my lifetime tolerance for Edgar Winter was already over before this, and it's just as much a non sequitur as TZ playing Golden Earring.

I know, I'm crabby.

I would like to amend my earlier remarks. The first day I played this table, I somehow managed to miss the screen at the beginning where you could select the film soundtrack vs Edgar Winter. Having just played several games with the film score, I would like to apologize to Edgar Winter, and I will be pressing the right flipper to start in the future.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Haven't played it, waiting for iOS. So I've never seen this movie, barely even remembered it existed. I assume it's awful but for those of you that have seen it, is it worth watching to better appreciate the table? I enjoy the clever implementation of a theme, from a pinball-design point of view.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Even when the lock holds a ball for you I can't catch a break.

it did it to me again! stuck locked ball, but I failed to get the last jackpot before the next phase ... And a third time.

Not sure what to make of it, one game the launcher shoots one in at the start and stays there, other times its shots made in quick succession.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Wow, the wizard goals are even more painful to attain than they were in BSD, if you can believe that.

Oh well, at least No Fear may be the next one.....

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I'm guessing I just have to get good and be able to shoot this 7 times, it'll spin the spinner 8 times and return it, hopefully, safely avoiding the bumpers altogether. Getting tired of orbit->post outside of bumper area->outlane on the first orbit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.