Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.56.10 Fixes:

Jacks Open:

When the drop targets reset to only reveal the Royal Flush set, extra points are scored when the black cards are automatically dropped.
After lighting the Special at the drop targets, completing the upper rollovers no longer resets the drop target value to 1,000. Instead, every hit rollover when lit adds 1,000 and makes scoring broken.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
On real Party Zone tables Cpt.Bizzare's kicker hole kickout ball in the green standup targets, in TPA this hole very often kicks ball in the left outlane - very gameplay breaking bug, because it punish player for playing main table mode feature, while on real table it is pretty safe shot, very disappointing thing.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah. I remember that. Very predictable and game breaking. thought it was like that on the real table to earn some money.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It's annoying, but I'd hardly say it's game-breaking. I just got used to ignoring the shot and I can still play the table just fine. It's not like there aren't other house ball opportunities - anything going into the jets is a candidate for starters. Getting to multiball via the Comic is far safer. If the ball does fall into the saucer, since you know the kickout might be headed to a drain, a well-timed nudge will usually suffice to redirect it.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
It's annoying, but I'd hardly say it's game-breaking. I just got used to ignoring the shot and I can still play the table just fine. It's not like there aren't other house ball opportunities - anything going into the jets is a candidate for starters. Getting to multiball via the Comic is far safer. If the ball does fall into the saucer, since you know the kickout might be headed to a drain, a well-timed nudge will usually suffice to redirect it.
you cant save ball with nudge when it kicked out to outlane in 99% because it go instantly to it.
and to say what not to be able play MAIN game mode is "hardly game-breaking"..i dont know.. may be you just need to stop trailing me in every thread and conter-posting against what i write about, because now it seems what you reached too high level of absurd: what was your comment about? - what you dont need this bug, which cut off good half of table' gameplay, be fixed and want to keep this as it is?

Last edited:

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
I just realised this bug or rather omission when I wanted to play Terminator again. There is no event camera anymore. It isn't in the menu or at least I can't find it. Please put this back in or tell me where it is. Especially for Terminator the event camera is very useful to hit the targets for the jackpots...

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
In addition to goals not triggering in Gladiators, I don't think it's been hooked to Steam achievements yet either. My high score didn't show up there (and that was yesterday, before the Steam outage).

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
So on Christmas Eve I was reinstalling Windows on my workstation after an SSD failed and I decided to reinstall The Pinball Arcade on Steam as well. I couldn't save changes in the settings program because I got an unhandled exception error. Want to know why? Because the program did not make a folder called C:\Users\(User name)\My Games\Pinball Arcade\ for the config file to be saved to, so it couldn't save there. Want to know what folder TPA did make instead? C:\Users\(User name)\My Games\Stern Pinball Arcade\

...Let me make this clear, I do not not have SPA installed, SPA has never been installed, I have never purchased SPA on Steam. Also TPA isn't writing files to the TPA folder, it is writing them to the SPA folder, except for dx11_settings.dat which it seems tow write to BOTH folders.

What is this garbage that FarSight has decided to make with SPA and why are they letting it even break TPA?

In addition to that, I can't seem to get portrait mode working in DX11 for TPA, only in DX9.

The Steam reviews were enough to make me avoid SPA but I'm thinking now that maybe TPA has been infected by this lack of polish as well. :/ I really can't support TPA by buying more seasons if this is what FarSight is doing with the game.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
So on Christmas Eve I was reinstalling Windows on my workstation after an SSD failed and I decided to reinstall The Pinball Arcade on Steam as well. I couldn't save changes in the settings program because I got an unhandled exception error. Want to know why? Because the program did not make a folder called C:\Users\(User name)\My Games\Pinball Arcade\ for the config file to be saved to, so it couldn't save there. Want to know what folder TPA did make instead? C:\Users\(User name)\My Games\Stern Pinball Arcade\

...Let me make this clear, I do not not have SPA installed, SPA has never been installed, I have never purchased SPA on Steam. Also TPA isn't writing files to the TPA folder, it is writing them to the SPA folder, except for dx11_settings.dat which it seems tow write to BOTH folders.

What is this garbage that FarSight has decided to make with SPA and why are they letting it even break TPA?

In addition to that, I can't seem to get portrait mode working in DX11 for TPA, only in DX9.

The Steam reviews were enough to make me avoid SPA but I'm thinking now that maybe TPA has been infected by this lack of polish as well. :/ I really can't support TPA by buying more seasons if this is what FarSight is doing with the game.

They should have just added those newer Sterns to TPA, instead of making a newer, and more broken app. That would be better for TPA than would silverball drivel like Bone Busters. Most TPA fans would've preferred new Sterns over old Premiers.

While TPA got the EM 2-pack right (C37 and JO), the new Doctor Who and Gladiators are bugged to hell. Don't even think about SPA-their bugs could survive a nuclear fallout.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
UPDATE: After further observation, the following are no longer an issue:

Twilight Zone:

T.5. 20, the Upper left ramp red flasher, ties in with the GUM light at the door.
T.5. 41, the Upper right ramp flasher, ties in with the BALL light at the door.

Pmarak

Apr 5, 2013

Hey Ashley.... I had exactly the same issue yesterday with a reinstall of windows and TPA. After MUCH frustration and trial and error I was able to fix the issue.It seems that, at least for now, TPA is reading from the SPA config files.

So, to get DX11 portrait mode and the Free camera mod working I had to.....
1) Download SPA from Steam
2) Run its config from within Steam and set it to 1080 x 2200
3) Run the TPA config from within Steam and set it to 1080 x 2200
4) Rename the current TPA executable and copy in a 156.10 TPA executable I had from a backup.
5) Run the Free Camera Mod as usual
5) In my case I had to alt-enter once the first time through to get the table to fit my screen. From that point forward no more alt-enters were required.

Once that was done all was well and back to a functioning state.

Hope this helps anyone else with the issue.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Hey Ashley.... I had exactly the same issue yesterday with a reinstall of windows and TPA. After MUCH frustration and trial and error I was able to fix the issue.It seems that, at least for now, TPA is reading from the SPA config files.

4) Rename the current TPA executable and copy in a 156.10 TPA executable I had from a backup.
5) In my case I had to alt-enter once the first time through to get the table to fit my screen. From that point forward no more alt-enters were required.

I'm really glad that that works for you, however for myself, it's not a series of hoops I'm willing to go through. Quite simply, if FarSight is not only going to release SPA as a pile of garbage, at the same time turn TPA into garbage, and leave me needing to install SPA as some kind of hack workaround for TPA, I think I'm better off no longer supporting Farsight through continued purchases of their tables. If they don't want to release worthwhile software, I won't want to spend money on it.

darthvader123

Dec 28, 2016
Pmarak. Just did a fresh re-install of windows 10 and was banging my head for 2 hours+ why DX11 wasn't playing full screen on portrait. Your solution fixed it for me. Thank you.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
When are the achievements going to be fixed? I just got all standard goals and high score for DW:MoT, but no achievements. If not for the "Hatchimals" debacle, FarSight would've given us the best non-working "Christmas presents" this holiday season. between two broken TPA tables and SPA.

Maybe we should all stop begging for new stuff and just insist on fixes instead. Too bad that doesn't make money for FarSight.

calderone

Feb 2, 2015

Thanks for that, I was also frustrated over getting dx11 portrait working...

TPA config utility wouldn't even work for me, it would say 'file not found' as it created SPA file structure even though I never installed that. So, I went to C:\Users\(User name)\My Games\ and created a 'Pinball Arcade' folder and copied the dx11settings.dat file from the SPA folder into the newly made TPA folder. Now, the dx11 config utility would run but portrait mode wouldn't work, TPA would be stuck in 16:9 even though the window was 9:16.

What I hadn't done was also install SPA and run that config utility, dx11 portrait is now working. Maybe they did this on purpose to get us to download SPA?

*also, my panel is 2560x1440 so I set config utility buffer to 1440x2560 but got vertical black bars on both sides cutting off the playfield (same in SPA too!) so I changed 1440 to next higher setting of 1600 and it now fills the screen properly, strange...

Last edited:

Members online

Members online