Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
From May 27th, 2015 (that's two thousand fifteen) I notice that more than a year and a half later, DX11 mode still cannot do proper fullscreen with 1080p rez. Still have to alt+enter twice.

I had been PMing a FS employee several times about this issue I don't know how many months ago, to be given to the proper people.

No dice. Every single game of mine except this one runs perfect.

GTX 1080
16 gigs DDR3
Not sure you need anything else.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
What about the Event Camera? It's very useful for example for Terminator. As it has always been there I think this must be an oversight in the new UI and maybe just needs to be added again in DX11 (it's there in DX9).

I'll make sure it gets put back in next update.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Were still working on it.

Thanks for the info. The goals did toggle on Doctor Who:MoT but also were not linked to achievements. When the achievement issues are fixed, I'll just have to find another computer to play it on so I can get the table goals achievement. (Had to do that on Class of 1812 back when TPA was released on Steam too).

Also thanks for mentioning that you're working on the event camera.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the info. The goals did toggle on Doctor Who:MoT but also were not linked to achievements. When the achievement issues are fixed, I'll just have to find another computer to play it on so I can get the table goals achievement. (Had to do that on Class of 1812 back when TPA was released on Steam too).

Also thanks for mentioning that you're working on the event camera.

It should detect the goals as completed and give you the achievements once you log in after we fix it.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It should detect the goals as completed and give you the achievements once you log in after we fix it.

Much appreciated. At least I haven't had any achievement problems with SPA so far. Well, at least beyond the same goals I couldn't get for the Sterns in TPA.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.57.14 Fixes:

New UI:

Missing parts of the UI in some tables. Known issue with one of the post-processing options.

Big Shot:

• The 3,000 Bonus light ties in with the 1 Ball light.
  • The 1 Ball light ties in with the 2 Ball light.
  • The 2 Ball light ties in with the 3 Ball light.
  • The 3 Ball light ties in with the 4 Ball light.
  • The 4 Ball light ties in with the 5 Ball light.
  • The 5 Ball light ties in with the 6 Ball light.
  • The 6 Ball light ties in with the 7 Ball light.
  • The 7 Ball light ties in with both 8 Ball lights.
  • The 8 Ball lights tie in with the 9 Ball light.
  • The 9 Ball light ties in with the 10 Ball light.
  • The 10 Ball light ties in with the 11 Ball light.
  • The 11 Ball light ties in with the 12 Ball light.
  • The 12 Ball light ties in with the 13 Ball light.
  • The 13 Ball light ties in with the 14 Ball light.
  • The 14 Ball light ties in with the 15 Ball light.
  • The 15 Ball light ties in with the left rollover light.
  • The leftmost rollover light beneath the drops ties in with the right rollover light.
  • The right rollover light ties in with the left Special light at the target.
  • The left Special target light ties in with the right Special target light.
  • The right Special target light ties in with...something else. Or just dimmed from the other bugged lights.
Doctor Who:

A plastic is missing in the upper right corner of the playfield, around the upper right pop bumper. It has text: "Increase Transmat Faster" with an arrow pointing to the 5 on the back.

DW: Master of Time:

Steam Achievements not hooked in with this table.
Scores are without commas. Is there any way to implement them for easier reading?
Score display missing on the DMD at times (after ball launch, certain other events?)

Firepower:

INFINITE SCORING GLITCH: Draining one ball with another ball in a non-locking hole incorrectly goes into the end-of-ball bonus phase. Adding to the bonus while in this phase (especially from the top hole, near the FIRE lanes) can cause this game-ending bug.

Gladiators:

Goals are not toggling.

Victory:

Loading Haunted House makes this table's music muted.

Last edited:

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
Version 1.58.14

dx11 mode is broken
i cannot press anything

btw i wonder how long it takes to get registered for the tournament
after 24h no email and no join possible

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.58.14

dx11 mode is broken
i cannot press anything

btw i wonder how long it takes to get registered for the tournament
after 24h no email and no join possible

Hmmm...that I am not familiar with. It's fine for me.

As for the tournament, Pinballjoe will need to manually add you in.

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
hmmm on steam board there are several people having the same problem in full screen mode

i guess my chances to win anything are very low anyway
since tarek oberdieck comes from the same country as me :cool:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Same problem here. Some buttons will not respond to controller inputs or mouse clicks. I've tried multiple resolutions in landscape and portrait with the same problem. If the "Welcome to Pinball Arcade" screen comes up, I'm hosed and have to Alt-Tab and manually shut the program down. The menu buttons work, but the start button won't. I can start a game only by going to game setup where you can set the # of players. The start button works there. But it doesn't matter because I can't close the window that pops up after you finish a game and have to Alt-Tab again.

Sigh, back to SPA and Star Trek....

Last edited:

p6800

May 17, 2013
Version 1.58.14

dx11 mode is broken

Yes, it is. Now the full screen issue seems to be fixed, as the game starts in full screen. But the inputs are borked. You have to alt+enter to exit full screen, chose, start a table, then alt+enter to full screen and play...

1 step forward, 3 steps back.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yes, it is. Now the full screen issue seems to be fixed, as the game starts in full screen. But the inputs are borked. You have to alt+enter to exit full screen, chose, start a table, then alt+enter to full screen and play...

1 step forward, 3 steps back.

And three more steps forward-when I started it up in DX11, the three achievements I've earned (Gladiators HS, DW:MoT HS and Satndard goals) all registered.
Too bad the inputs took a dump. And full screen reminds me of watching SD TV in high definition (inside a big dark square).

The game works just fine in DX9 mode (couldn't find any problems yet, at least with Gladiators). I'll just use that until the DX11 issues are fixed.

Hopefully they fix that before then next table drops.

Last edited:

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Hey guys, sorry about the input issues with fullscreen. We're looking into the problem right now. Could you please double check that you are using your native display resolution in the DX11 settings? Please let me know if that helps any of you, we'll keep looking into the problem in the mean time.

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
yep i am using native resolution

2560x1440

when i start in window mode everything works
when i use alt+enter to go to fullscreen i noticed that i have to go far to the right to press something

means if i want to press a button in the middle of the screen i have to move the cursor to the right end of the screen.
(so its only possible to press buttons which are left or in the middle of the screen, buttons on the right are out of reach)

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Copy/paste from another thread:

Hi Brandon.

I just built a new PC last week. I redownloaded the game in its entirety today. Specs:

Intel i7 7700k
16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz 16-16-16-36
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero z270 Motherboard
Sound Blaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Fan/Heatsink
Cooler Master HAF 912 Case - front USB 3.0 port edition
Corsair RM750x 750 watt Gold Cert PSU
500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
250 GB Samsung 830 EVO SSD
WD Black 5 TB 128MB Cache 7200 RPM HD
Seagate 2 TB 64MB Cache 7200 RPM HD ST2000DM001
WD 2 TB External USB 3.0 My Passport Ultra HD
WD 1 TB External USB 3.0 My Passport HD
LG WH16NS40 16x Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Writer
Hootoo 9 port USB 3.0 Hub
ViewSonic XG2701 144Hz 1ms 27" Monitor 1080p
Asus VN279Q 27" Monitor 1080p
Logitech G900 Mouse
Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Blue Keyboard

Here is my DX11 settings for Pinball Arcade.

Here is the results of those settings when I launch right now.

If I alt+enter, it makes it a blurry fullscreen, and it tosses my browser from one monitor to another. If I alt+enter again, it switches back to the screenshot above. If I alt+enter a third time it gives me a proper DX11 fullscreen that isn't so blurry.

PM me if you need me to do any testing or logging or anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.