• Creature from the Black Lagoon

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
El Dorado: City of Gold

Always see it criticized as the worst table for being boring and ugly with annoying sounds. I find the table, ambiance and sounds unique and pretty. I love Gottlieb drop targets and it's one of my favorite tables. It's classic pure pinball.

EDIT: LCA too. The only thing I don't like about LCA is the gunfight is way too easy. They should have tightened the timings on the gunfight it so it actually feels rewarding in some way and not a waste of time.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
i initially was thinking HRC, especially given all the vitriol it receives around these parts. But i actually think Creature is one of the best tables in TPA and never gets nearly the love it deserves. So CFTBL for me :cool:

I plunked Down many a quarter for creature back in the day!!! Love the table !!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
i initially was thinking HRC, especially given all the vitriol it receives around these parts. But i actually think Creature is one of the best tables in TPA and never gets nearly the love it deserves. So CFTBL for me :cool:

I agree on Creature!

The truth is, there are probably 20 tables I could have put in the poll. I love Victory. El Dorado is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I even forget that I kinda like Tee'd Off from time to time.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
El Dorado: City of Gold

Always see it criticized as the worst table for being boring and ugly with annoying sounds. I find the table, ambiance and sounds unique and pretty. I love Gottlieb drop targets and it's one of my favorite tables. It's classic pure pinball.

The artwork just kills this table. It is just a confusing mess that makes the ball hard to follow. I am totally with you on the drop targets and it is a really unique and fun layout... but the artwork, aagh!

As far as Creature, COME ON, everyone knows that table is great. It has to be in most peoples top 10 TPA tables, it's extremely popular.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I went with Class of 1812 because it is a really fun table that people bag on for some reason.
Count me in!
My weekly game is always on the leaderboards. This week I made 29M. Despite its challenging attitude I am able to play for a while and the results don't seem pure luck. I rated it 6/10 - higher than BSD which is mostly a dice roll.

I'm also a fan of the older tables like Gorgar or F2K which I rated higher.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The artwork just kills this table. It is just a confusing mess that makes the ball hard to follow. I am totally with you on the drop targets and it is a really unique and fun layout... but the artwork, aagh!

As far as Creature, COME ON, everyone knows that table is great. It has to be in most peoples top 10 TPA tables, it's extremely popular.

Creature is #22 in the table ratings thread.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
I agree on Creature!

The truth is, there are probably 20 tables I could have put in the poll. I love Victory. El Dorado is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I even forget that I kinda like Tee'd Off from time to time.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes Tee'd Off (though I prefer NGG more) but Gunther isn't THAT Bad and I like the Main Theme for it

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
No Good Gofers
Junkyard
Creature From the Black Lagoon

I also think Tee'd Off is somewhat underrated, it's fun for a while. Also, WHO Dunnit is pretty fun.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Give Goin' Nuts a try.... It seems Farsight tweaked the bumper to be more alive and the game is definitely fun, despite the BGM. Great multiball practice.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry if I'm not on track here, but I have to say Gottlieb/Premier tables. I went to a Pinball and Arcade game show in Orlando, I got to play 3 Gottlieb/Premier games I never played in real life and loved them very much. They were Freddy: A nightmare on elm street, Stargate, and Water World, my point is I hear a lot of people saying no more Gottlieb/ Premier tables, why are you saying that. I want more of them I have played Surf N Safari, Cactus Jacks, Bone Busters Inc., Rescue 911, and Whipeout, I think every table I mentioned should come to The Pinball Arcade someday. I feel that Gottlieb tables are underrated, they are fun to play in my opinion, so why all the hating. I love Williams, Bally, Data East, Sega, and Stern a lot, but Gottlieb/Premier has some Awesome tables to, and by the way all the tables I listed are not on The Pinball Arcade yet, I didn't mention the ones on The Pinball Arcade because we already have them and I love all of them, even Genie and I don like EM games.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think most people would like those tables. Freddy, specifically, has been highly requested. Actually, I bet we get a couple of those tables.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Sorry if I'm not on track here, but I have to say Gottlieb/Premier tables. I went to a Pinball and Arcade game show in Orlando, I got to play 3 Gottlieb/Premier games I never played in real life and loved them very much. They were Freddy: A nightmare on elm street, Stargate, and Water World, my point is I hear a lot of people saying no more Gottlieb/ Premier tables, why are you saying that. I want more of them I have played Surf N Safari, Cactus Jacks, Bone Busters Inc., Rescue 911, and Whipeout, I think every table I mentioned should come to The Pinball Arcade someday. I feel that Gottlieb tables are underrated, they are fun to play in my opinion, so why all the hating. I love Williams, Bally, Data East, Sega, and Stern a lot, but Gottlieb/Premier has some Awesome tables to, and by the way all the tables I listed are not on The Pinball Arcade yet.

Agreed! I was a Gottlieb hater for a long time, but I've really turned the corner on them as of late. Tee'd off is one of my top tables in TPA and I just recently really got into Victory which I've always hated, but is now currently my go to table.

I'd love to see Cactus Jacks, Rescue 911 and StarGate find their way into TPA one day.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah, definitely helps to revisit some old nemesis tables from time.
I am already curious when the day will come I will suddenly like dr. Dude.
Not yet.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Hmmh, underrated means: The quality of the table is not so obvious, fun starts after a while... But it is in...
Hmmmh: I am still trying to find it in class 1812, Who Dunnit is too static inits game play, for me it is F2K. You have to play it with lifht finger tips - and when you find a feeling for the game play, avoiding the scheme to the outlanes, getting the spinners rotating fast, it is really nice.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Firepower? Uh, no. As far as I'm concerned this table is, obviously, not emulated and is NOT properly scripted. I owned a real one and so much is missing. I love FP IRL. I hate FP on TPA.

My vote. Lights, Camera, Mutha-F*cking Action! So much to do on this table and it's HARD! I've played it IRL and the TPA conversion is spot on. Sooo underated.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yes, LCA is underated and very much hated here. TPZ is still young but also gets a lot of negative comments and the table is good, fun and very well done.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts