New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

night

May 18, 2012
The reason we darkened the table a bit was to better suit the environment. Perhaps we need to change it back, will await some more feedback, thanks.

Go back 50%, just a bit darker. The table looks like it got to much 'multiply' color adjustment in Photoshop. It over-saturates and darkens the colors too much. (But I am a purist, forgive me :) )

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
I can def confirm the sound bug. Dunno what happened (yet), the test version we have internally doesn't have this error, but the submitted version does. Oh snap.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Did you have these problems in the previous version as well? Or did it start in this version?

I was having those problems before the update too.

I really like how dark the table is, I think you should keep it that way. It really makes the lighting pop.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I don't have a problem with the colour tint myself. I also confirm the sound issue in iOS version 6.01 on my iPad 3rd gen.

One thing I think could be improved are the sound effects. The sound of the ball rolling on the table is so subtle I can barely hear it even with the music turned off; ditto for the initial sound of the ball loading in the plunger. In fact I was going to ask for you to add them because I didn't think there were effects for this until I played with the music off! I expect just having the ability to adjust the strength of effects and music separately would take care of this. It's largely psychological - without the mechanical sounds it's like I'm playing a table-top plastic toy rather than real pinball and it's something I think Zen could do better as well.

Otherwise it's very nice and I appreciate the level of craft you're putting into making a single virtual machine - it's like a European version of Littlewing!

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Nice update but noticed a bug where the sounds drop off. Seems like just the music was the only thing left. Great lighting effects though. Big improvement.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Did you add horizontal nudge yet?
Also, no update for Android? :)

Not yet. And coming for Android.

Working nicely on iPad 1.

Finally!

I don't have a problem with the colour tint myself. I also confirm the sound issue in iOS version 6.01 on my iPad 3rd gen.

One thing I think could be improved are the sound effects. The sound of the ball rolling on the table is so subtle I can barely hear it even with the music turned off; ditto for the initial sound of the ball loading in the plunger. In fact I was going to ask for you to add them because I didn't think there were effects for this until I played with the music off! I expect just having the ability to adjust the strength of effects and music separately would take care of this. It's largely psychological - without the mechanical sounds it's like I'm playing a table-top plastic toy rather than real pinball and it's something I think Zen could do better as well.

Otherwise it's very nice and I appreciate the level of craft you're putting into making a single virtual machine - it's like a European version of Littlewing!

Thanks! We'll see what we can do about sound levels!

Nice update but noticed a bug where the sounds drop off. Seems like just the music was the only thing left. Great lighting effects though. Big improvement.

Sorry about that. We have uploaded a new update, takes some time for Apple to approve updates though, but should be out in a couple of days.

Great to see that someone here must have pimped the game to Android Police. It features in the wrap-up post for games for the last three weeks.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...eeks-122512-11513/2/#revenge-of-the-rob-o-bot

Great stuff! We will do a marketing push when FP1 is out though, so hopefully more people pick it up then.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Need a bit of help here: final shot in the "Take down the shields"-mission, do you guys use right flipper or upper left? It makes me want to pull my hairs out.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Shooting the shield with the upper flipper causes me to drain constantly, I hate that mission :S

night

May 18, 2012
iPad2 iOS6.

Well, the only thing I can comment on is that the camera stutters when you start the game and the camera moves from the DMD to the playfield. It is nothing that affects gameplay, but I get a bit nervous with stuttering as I am dealing with serious stutter issues on TPA already.

And this is a personal thing about the playfield color (as I wrote before), I know, not a bug, but I still think the older colors where fresher. It's good to make the playfield darker in tone for the lights, that's not what I mean. But the blue is more brownish now, what is missing is the complementary color feel between de red/orange and blue what the old playfield had. Now it's too muddy in tone. (I am an graphic artist, can't help it, I have comments on TPA's graphic art all the time :) ) Overall it's a great piece of work!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.