New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The table looks cool and the modes are fun. The lack of nudge keeps me from plaing it more. I like the flipper feel too.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Android Version: I get very frequent random freezes (although music continues playing) and have to quit by task-manager on SGSII using newest stock rom :-(

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming! And thanks for helping spreading the word! More sales mean more content and more tables.

If you find bugs (especially on Android), please specify device and Android version as well as it helps hunting down those bugs.

There is nudge in the game, but only vertical right now (as in nudge it upwards).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Re: New hotness on iOS: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Hey Anders

You should make an android thread for the game here. That might help you guys out with tracking issues specific to platforms?

We can use the same bug reporting format we use for the android TPA builds.

If you create the Android post, you can update and edit the original post with known issues and resolved issues as development progresses. Similar to how Pin Wiz updates the latest news post for TPA.

Have a bugs post and discussion post to keep the noise down in the bugs post. Check the Android forum for examples of what I'm talking about.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Hey Anders

You should make an android thread for the game here. That might help you guys out with tracking issues specific to platforms?

We can use the same bug reporting format we use for the android TPA builds.

If you create the Android post, you can update and edit the original post with known issues and resolved issues as development progresses. Similar to how Pin Wiz updates the latest news post for TPA.

Have a bugs post and discussion post to keep the noise down in the bugs post. Check the Android forum for examples of what I'm talking about.

Or perhaps this one could change its title to include Android? Dunno which is better.

Gameplay bugs are the same on iOS and Android, but only more technical bugs (like the sound issue) are more Android or iOS specific. I'd prefer if people would send an email to us (robobot@colormonkey.se) about bugs instead and use the thread for discussions (about possible improvements, questions etc), but a bug report here is better than no bug report at all.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Hejsan Anders!

Maybe you guys will consider to add the option to skip the bonus counting after each ball by pressing both "flipper buttons"? All modern machines have this feature. I'm tired of waiting those seconds when I could have been playing the next ball ;)

Second, are the sound levels mixed properly? Whenever I play with headphones, my ears get blasted when I am awarded something (lit kickback, etc.) Also, the female voice is quite loud, I don't know, it's a matter of taste I guess.

"The professor has been kidnapped. Shave her!"

night

May 18, 2012
The lighting is very good! But I am not sure about the darker toned color of the whole table. I liked the previous colors better, more fresh in tone.
When the game starts: when the camera moves from the DMD to the table there is a little stuttering in this movement on iPad2 iOS6 (nothing that affects gameplay).

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
Love the table! Great design and graphics.

One question though: Is it intentional that the ball is spinning all the time?
If you trap it, or even before launching it you can see it slightly "rumbling" around
and spinning constantly, at least on my game (iPad 3).

Not intentional, thanks! I think it's rather shaking a tiny bit rather than spinning. We'll look into it.

A little follow up after the latest update:
The ball's still spinning. You can see that it is spinning and not just shaking around by
looking at the scratches on the ball's texture. It can be best seen when you trap the ball.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Hejsan Anders!

Maybe you guys will consider to add the option to skip the bonus counting after each ball by pressing both "flipper buttons"? All modern machines have this feature. I'm tired of waiting those seconds when I could have been playing the next ball ;)

Second, are the sound levels mixed properly? Whenever I play with headphones, my ears get blasted when I am awarded something (lit kickback, etc.) Also, the female voice is quite loud, I don't know, it's a matter of taste I guess.

"The professor has been kidnapped. Shave her!"

Hey,

yeah the speed-up-tally-feature is on the long lists of improvements we would like to do at some point. The sound levels should be leveled ok, but there are probably some that should/needs to be adjusted. They are optimized for the speaker though, so we might need to some more adjusting with headphones in mind.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
I hope most of you like the new lighting system. It makes the lights turn on/off more closer to real life. It also contains a slew of bug fixes. Like actually working on older 4.3 devices.

Any comments or feedback is highly appreciated!

And Feature Pack 1 is in the works! Here's a little teaser where Alex is working on the new table graphics:

fp1.jpg

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Downloading now, thanks.

EDIT: Wow, the new lighting looks great!

Unfortunately, the sound effects and speech still disappear after the first game.

Did you have these problems in the previous version as well? Or did it start in this version?

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
The lighting is very good! But I am not sure about the darker toned color of the whole table. I liked the previous colors better, more fresh in tone.
When the game starts: when the camera moves from the DMD to the table there is a little stuttering in this movement on iPad2 iOS6 (nothing that affects gameplay).

The reason we darkened the table a bit was to better suit the environment. Perhaps we need to change it back, will await some more feedback, thanks.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
A little follow up after the latest update:
The ball's still spinning. You can see that it is spinning and not just shaking around by
looking at the scratches on the ball's texture. It can be best seen when you trap the ball.

Yeah we are aware of the problem, it hasn't been fixed, yet. Sorry about that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.