New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks for all the bug reports! Please write which device and OS version you have, helps a great deal with fixing the Android bugs!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
For my issue above, I'm running a Sony Xperia S (LT26i), on Android v4.0.4

Are there any plans for adding horizontal nudging?

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012

Tack!

Yeah it's on our growing todo-list :p Need to fix bugs first though, and work on Feature Pack 1.

N

Nik Barbour

Re: New hotness on iOS: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

+1 I'd love directional nudging - although without is fast quick challenging games which I like.

I have the previously mentioned sound effects problems too- Android 4.2.1 Nexus 7 rooted stock rom

Awesome table Anders - loving this!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Seriously, I have no idea how you guys survive shots at the robot's shield without directional nudges. What's your secret?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Just bought this today, and I'm loving it so far reminds me of those Japanese snes pinball games in visual style

Late response, since I'm going back in time on this thread - which games are this you're talking about? I'd love to rock some pinball on my SNES!

I can think of some pretty good video pinball games of the time, most obviously Alien Crush and Demon's Crush, but they weren't for SNES. Also, Pinball Dreams is a classic, though I don't think it came out for SNES either, and I believe it was Swedish, too.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Late response, since I'm going back in time on this thread - which games are this you're talking about? I'd love to rock some pinball on my SNES!

I can think of some pretty good video pinball games of the time, most obviously Alien Crush and Demon's Crush, but they weren't for SNES. Also, Pinball Dreams is a classic, though I don't think it came out for SNES either, and I believe it was Swedish, too.

hey. man

i dont think the snes had the crush games but maybe nder a drifferent game, it does have the third in ghe series tho called jaki crush.

also pinball dreams and fantasies are both on the snes:)

as for the 2 i was talking it

super pinball: behind the mask

super pinball 2:amazing oddessy.

enjoy

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012

Pinball Dreams did come out for SNES, but it was a port of the flawed DOS version. It actually had US SNES and JP Super Famicom (under the name Pinball Pinball) releases too. I heard the SNES Fantasies is a weak port. It's definitely not a good looking version of the game.

Jaki Crush is the only Crush game on SNES. It only came out in Japan for SFC, though. I defintely recommend it. I love how it has multiball on the main board and the bonus rounds can get very crazy.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Something that really contribute to the realism of Rob-o-Bot is the reflection of the table glass. This trick should be done on TPA as well. Just like the mechanical sounds of the table, stereo and very realistic. It are these little things that makes this game just stand above the crowd.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Something that really contribute to the realism of Rob-o-Bot is the reflection of the table glass. This trick should be done on TPA as well. Just like the mechanical sounds of the table, stereo and very realistic. It are these little things that makes this game just stand above the crowd.

I agree totally - the little taps, clanks, etc add so much to the game and it just shows you how much Colormonkey know all the ingredients to create the perfect pinball sim.

It's a shame the android sales are so low - the word just hasn't got out yet about this I suspect. The other issue is when you search for Pinball in the Google store it doesn't show in the early results and because the name and icon doesn't mention the word "Pinball' people would just skip past it. That is the way most people search I suspect. If 'Pinball' can be added to the name it would help for sure :cool:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I just got this, but I don't feel the love at all. I can't nudge, sound effects disappear, and it's far too hard to keep the ball in play! The ball doesn't feel like it's on the table, and I much prefer tpa tbh.
It looks nice enough, and yes the glass is a nice touch, but tpa can't do glass atm because most tables are rendered with table items that would be too high for the table sides, ending up with things like the genie on totan having his arm poking out the top!
I'll play it a bit more, but it's just not gelling for me at all.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
the difficuly is part of the appeal!

minor bugs will be fixed

rbot recently went from 600 gc users to over 1000 ...slw going

tell androd sites about it!

N

Nik Barbour

Re: New hotness on iOS: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

the difficuly is part of the appeal!

minor bugs will be fixed

rbot recently went from 600 gc users to over 1000 ...slw going

tell androd sites about it!

Posted it on Zen Pinball HD in the android thread - very little in the way of comments though.
I love this table because of the difficulty personally.

Edit - 168views to date

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I picked it up on recommendation of this thread a week or so ago. Very nice; worthy of sitting side-by-side with Littlewing.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
One game had me trap the ball inside the right flipper. Eventually it became unstuck and I could continue..
Occasionally a game freezes and forces me to quit. Other than that: great game!!

Screenshot_2013-01-02-21-59-25.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts