New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

and what a beauty it is! I read a lot about the iOs version but couldn't buy it as my iOs device died. I expected a lot from what I read and got much much more - playing on a Nexus 7. It reminds me of the real table Robowar with a similar retro feel. The ball is nice and weighty and the sounds and music are perfect. The lighting is awesome too. I want this table badly in a pinball cabinet, one day maybe!

One complaint. Less than one euro is far too cheap! Awesome work from your team anders. Welldone!

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Whow! Just... whow!

What a great christmas present. And I have to agree, €0.99 is a little underpriced. :)

I've encountered two bugs already, though:
1) The mechanical sounds go mute after one game and I have to close and restart the app to get them back.
2) Sometimes a flipper stays in its upper position although I stopped pressing the screen. I'm not 100% sure but I think it happens when both flippers are raised at the same time. Might be an issue with the touch screen drivers.
This in on a non-rooted stock HTC Desire HD.

Did I say "whow" already?

N

netizen

It's an interesting game.

Is there no nudge in the Android version?

Is the Upper Flipper supposed to be weak and slow with half the reaction time as the lower left flipper and with a limited range of motion?

The music settings are not persistent after you stop the application. Once you turn the music off and end the app the music plays even with the setting off when you begin the app again. When you have the setting to off and you end a game you cannot then turn the music on again, as turning the music setting to on will have no effect.

This is all for the Galaxy Tab 2 7" (Samsung GT-P3113):
Pretty much every game I have played thus far the mechanical SFX have gone and glitched out so that I have to finish the game with a TICK-TICK-TICK noise happening. If I finish or restart the game the noise stops, but tends to restart again in the next game played.

The play field lights don't work. IE the in/out-lane lights, the lights in front of the sling shots or the mission hole, the rollovers at the top. The mission pop ups don't all rise etc.

There are some serious glitches on this device.

On my Nexus 10 I have the same issues with the music on/off and when I lock a ball the game crashes.
Lost a ball and got an extra ball, on receiving the extra ball there was a constant tone and my tablet crashed/rebooted.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Re: New hotness on iOS: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Dammit - I have a recurring problem here.
Certain devices when the app is over 30mb, filter the Google play store to say 'incompatible with your device' I had to beg Ryan to stop packaging a free table with TPA.

Can't see your app Anders!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I am losing the mechanical sounds sometimes as well, although not always all of them. Usually its the slingshots and kickbacks that go. I have music on. Very addictive game still - great feel to it :)

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
The mechanical sound bug is much more random than I first thought. Their loss seems to be triggered by other sfx like the kickback reactivation chime and I just had them reappear in the midst of a game.
Noone else having problems with the flippers staying in raised position?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
The mechanical sound bug is much more random than I first thought. Their loss seems to be triggered by other sfx like the kickback reactivation chime and I just had them reappear in the midst of a game.

i seem to loose plunger sounds after every first ball on ios

ive experienced the odd stuck flipper but nothing near what you seem to experience

only every had mechanical sounds drop out completely once

new year bug fixes lol

glad you enjoy the game dude....now beat my 30 million *****

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Small comment about the way it is presented in the play store. Why not put the word Pinball in the title because when people search for Pinball they might not realize it's a pinball sim from the title text and icon. We want it to do well so you make some more. :cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

I am not getting that issue at all so maybe it is device specific or a difference in the way we play - I will try to re-produce it - is the flipper in an up position as you lose a ball and when the game goes into the ball lost routines or is it more random than that? btw - I am using a Nexus 7. The sound issue is quite random for me to, but I am sure they will sort these out in the new year.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I am not getting that issue at all so maybe it is device specific or a difference in the way we play - I will try to re-produce it - is the flipper in an up position as you lose a ball and when the game goes into the ball lost routines or is it more random than that?

Not 100% sure but it seems to happen after I have raised and released the second flipper without releasing the first. The first flipper will stay up until you press it again. This happens frequently mid-game and can be dealt with quite often. It's only on the good balls that I drain because of it. But that's a bug inherent in life, not Rob-o-bot. It's called Murphy's Law o_O

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Noooo! Almost had you Carl. 10m EB with the first ball. Then everything went down the drain. Finished with 14.7m. Guess, that's pinball o_O

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
@Carl confirmed on my Nexus S. There's no music after mission mode gets triggered. I do get some music during mission but randomly, usually it just turns off and i'm stuck with SFX only. BTW congratulations, you're number 1 :cool: I'm like number 14 so far :(

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Wow! This game looks and plays amazingly! :D Bought it immediately. Runs great on my phone. Way, way, way better than a certain other pinball game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.