New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
This game has a lot of potential but the bugs currently ruin the experience. The graphics look fantastic on the Nook HD+'s 1920x1280 screen but the ball will randomly start to stutter. It's like the framerate dropped significantly but it seems like it only affects the ball, not the rest of the table. The sound/music bugs are even worse. The sound/music cuts out most of the time that the ball is in play. It only seems to work after losing a ball or when starting a mission. The "start mission" and "ball lost" effects play perfectly. After the ball is back in play I just get random blips of sound/music. I think this will be a great game if the bugs can be ironed out.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm not experiencing the stutter bug you're describing, only the sound bug, and it's really annoying, but not something I think ruins the experience. I'm missing the possibility of horizontal tilts more. :)

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Just had a 14 million point game. That "keep the robot occupied" mission is tough. The closest I've gotten is the close compact section. Can't wait for the table pack update!

c-dub

Feb 28, 2012
Another vote here for a rulesheet. I'm almost as rubbish at figuring out what I'm supposed to be doing on tables as I am at actually doing it!

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
This is such a fun game. Bought it on iOS and played the heck out of it. Wondering how it plays on the Nexus 7...

N

Nik Barbour

This is such a fun game. Bought it on iOS and played the heck out of it. Wondering how it plays on the Nexus 7...

Very Nicely on the Nexus 7!
But it's a low demand game and plays well on a single core 1ghz device also.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation guys. I bought this a couple of days ago on Android thanks to the glowing comments on here; I have to agree with them.

The ball physics are absolutely amazing and all the more so considering I am playing it on my aged Acer A100. Also really impressed with the atmospheric lighting for a mobile device especially as the game seems to be clipping along at 60fps! TPA could really benefit from taking a look at your game.

If I have a couple of wishes, it would be a more informative DMD (sometimes I have no clue what I should be doing). Though perhaps I am missing out on some spoken instructions due to much of the sound not working?? For instance, on the DMD a video ZOOMs in to show a woman in a glass bubble, but at this point there is no clue as to what that means?

Also, a selection of camera angles would be nice as per Zen Pinball in order to show off the lovely table artwork & design (or just a nice table attract mode).

Any hint as when we might get a sound fix on Android?

As a side note, I would love to see this on Steam though it is quite hard to get a game on there I gather. Another option would be Windows 8 app store... Easy to publish on and the complete lack of good stuff on there at the moment would make it easy for such a quality title to float to the top and get noticed.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
What has happened? Silence on the android front for the bug fix pack iOS received? Any news about FP1?

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Not-So-Humble Brag

Oddly quiet in here, for sure. That’s too bad. I’m still really enjoying this game, much more than anything else in the App Store.

And in news that’s perhaps only interesting to me, I finally finished the fifth mission a little while back. Never before have I had to work so hard to get a multiball, but it was very satisfying when it finally happened. I got there on my first ball, too, which was weird. Not that I did anything with the rest of my game. I drained pretty quickly with the other two balls, and with the other two extra balls.

MsQRyUx.png

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
What has happened? Silence on the android front for the bug fix pack iOS received? Any news about FP1?

We are working on both fixing bugs and Feature Pack 1. We have completely changed the sound system on Android and doing some (hopefully) final testing. Android is tricky. Feature Pack 1 is coming along nicely, 2D/3D graphics are almost done, most DMD anims are almost done. We are currently working on game logic and looking at working on new sounds next (with new voice actors). It's looking and playing really awesome, can't wait for you guys to finally try it out.

Note that we cannot afford to work on this full time unfortunately, so please be patient. Android fix will be out as soon as sound is working as expected.

Thanks for your support!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks heaps for the update Anders! Very exciting news! Can't wait to finally hear the sound track to the game.

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012
Wow, just had a crazy game (by my standards). Normally I'm pretty bad at Rob-o-Bot (I've only ever completed 2 missions, several weeks apart) and beat four of the five missions (lost ball 3 and the extra ball on keep the robot occupied) to end at just over 21 million points.

Anders, can I suggest a local high score list as a nice to have? This game put me on the global list, but before that I had only my memory to go by as far as how well I was doing against my prior scores.

ETA: Only scored 879,000 my next game. Whatever flow I got into obviously isn't there anymore. :eek:

Last edited:

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Wow, just had a crazy game (by my standards). Normally I'm pretty bad at Rob-o-Bot (I've only ever completed 2 missions, several weeks apart) and beat four of the five missions (lost ball 3 and the extra ball on keep the robot occupied) to end at just over 21 million points.

Anders, can I suggest a local high score list as a nice to have? This game put me on the global list, but before that I had only my memory to go by as far as how well I was doing against my prior scores.

ETA: Only scored 879,000 my next game. Whatever flow I got into obviously isn't there anymore. :eek:

Local high score added to the wish list! And good job :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts