New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarter is FULLY FUNDED!!!

karl

May 10, 2012
That seems unlikely as you'd think this stuff would have been negotiated prior to the release of the Kickstarter.

I have to imagine something changed since the launch on one/both sides of the arrangement.

I agree, it Sounds a bit far stretched. Guess I am Just throwing stuff out there, trying to understand this :)

karl

May 10, 2012
I am glad it is cancelled and don't doubt for a second that AC/DC will be on the app. It is ridiculous for Stern to be paying as much as they are publicizing themselves in the last 2 months and then pretend they need donations to launch their own tables. They may not have the specific rights for a video game and app but they already have the property under contract. It is nothing like TPA's kickstarters. It was nothing but a money grab.

I think you are way off here.

Stern's contracts are usually on a 3 year license deal. The Ac/Dc contract was over and done in 2015.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
We'll be getting that update on Steam before the end of the month. You poor PS3 owners will have to wait another few years, right? ;)

Not even, just coming from Farsight:

"This is a known issue, and it has to do with the way the PS3 renders our game. Unfortunately, we can do nothing about it."

f0d2246f-252b-4b33-a2c9-d264f410f761.jpg
x2

It's also time to rename the topic: New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarer is ( live) /dead /cancelled / an unkown error has occured and the KS has been shut down to prevent damage to FS.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'm quite curious about the explanation for cancelling the Kickstarter. It started a bit better than Dr. Who and I don't think it was because of lack of support. Even the target was way higher, it was not impossible to reach. Would have been a bit too early to cancel it because of this.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Not even, just coming from Farsight:

"This is a known issue, and it has to do with the way the PS3 renders our game. Unfortunately, we can do nothing about it."

f0d2246f-252b-4b33-a2c9-d264f410f761.jpg
x2

It's also time to rename the topic: New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarer is ( live) /dead /cancelled / an unkown error has occured and the KS has been shut down to prevent damage to FS.

Guru_meditation.gif

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
WOW
Wasn't expecting this when waking up this morning.
Hope we get some kind of explanation from Farsight

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I am not singling a member out. Singling out would be the people picking me out by name and insulting me as they have done and you have not chosen to address. Don't that I have a problem with it, just an example of what singling out means. I by no means am "triggered" or feel my "safe space" was violated by "hate-speech".

Correct, you did not single out an individual forum member but you did single out a group of forum members and I didn't feel the need to have to point that out since it should have been a given. You get the point so let's please move on.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
If the price is going to be $10 and a $10 Kickstarter pledge gets you the table, then you can pledge $10 and not feel bad about donating to yet another Kickstarter. In my eyes it's just a preorder that helps make a great pin (AC/DC) happen.

I was well up for a $10 ACDC table. Now I'm like WTF is happening? Crowdfunding's just weird at the moment 😟

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Changed the title for you.

invitro

May 4, 2012
It's obvious to me what happened. Bon Scott was found ALIVE... meaning the number one priority of AC/DC is to immediately modify their pinball machine. I'm sure there will be a new Kickstarter once the new machine is ready to go.

b8861268z.1_20151018133159_000_grfbn7aa.1_1-1b26c5o.jpg

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO FLIP WE SALOOOOOOT YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Okay...
So the other day I come back from work and baaaam... Acdc kickstarter? Cool.
Today I come back from work and baaaam... No more acdc kickstarter?... Hmmmkay...

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI GRA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

karl

May 10, 2012
Well, at least we now know a little bit more about the app/game, in general. Star Trek and Ghostbusters = Fantastic. Reappearance of 2 old tpa tables= not so great. But a little dead weight is fine by me, as long as we get the new stuff.
New UI, new physics, better lightning, Game not only for moblie, etc. All good

Members online

Members online