New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarter is FULLY FUNDED!!!

invitro

May 4, 2012
it is all about a "licensing issue" specific to the table per a reply on their facebook page.
I've searched and can't find any such reply. Can you copy and paste what you're referring to?

(There is a reply "We have no official cabinet support and we have been put on hold due to licensing issues." But that isn't talking about AC/DC.)

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I was initially concerned that this was a bigger issue, but it is all about a "licensing issue" specific to the table per a reply on their facebook page.

I went looking for that comment/reply and it must be buried deep in the comment section. But the Kickstarter is still being advertised there. Maybe one of their stretch goals on their next Kickstarter should be funding for a new PR department.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I've searched and can't find any such reply. Can you copy and paste what you're referring to?

(There is a reply "We have no official cabinet support and we have been put on hold due to licensing issues." But that isn't talking about AC/DC.)

Ok... I saw that as their attempt to answer 2 questions at once. The "Why they cancelled the kickstarter" question and the "cabinet" question. I may have been mistaken on that. My original concern was this was more about that new Stern game entirely, than it was about AC/DC table. But maybe I was reading what I wanted to read LOL.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Maybe they cancelled the KS because Stern decided to cover all the costs for Farsighs themselves.

...yeah right.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well if AC/DC can't or won't happen, here's hoping to Metallica and/or KISS. Both are absolutely a blast to play for any table and especially to help fill that rock music themed void.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Remember gang, FarSight is being directed by Stern about when they can or cannot speak. I can almost guarantee you'll see a statement come from FarSight simultaneous with one from Stern. I'm very curious to hear the reasons, BlahCade has reached out to FarSight, and all we've gotten is silence. Pretty much that's all we've gotten regarding anything to do with the Stern App come to think of it, but it's unusually quiet now!

Keep in mind, the app itself is still happening. FarSight did say all the paperwork had been worked out with AC/DC. That tells me an outside source must be at play here. Fingers crossed it can be resolved in a manner we all are happy with.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Remember gang, FarSight is being directed by Stern about when they can or cannot speak. I can almost guarantee you'll see a statement come from FarSight simultaneous with one from Stern. I'm very curious to hear the reasons, BlahCade has reached out to FarSight, and all we've gotten is silence. Pretty much that's all we've gotten regarding anything to do with the Stern App come to think of it, but it's unusually quiet now!

Keep in mind, the app itself is still happening. FarSight did say all the paperwork had been worked out with AC/DC. That tells me an outside source must be at play here. Fingers crossed it can be resolved in a manner we all are happy with.
But why be calm and rational when there's so much more wild and baseless speculation to explore?! :p

karl

May 10, 2012
But why be calm and rational when there's so much more wild and baseless speculation to explore?! :p

Calm and rational? That is what we have moderators for. The rest of us will go ape, until we are stopped :cool:

I am not in the angry camp, but it is fun to speculate and tell Farsight what they should have done. Even if we know absolutely nothing about the reason for this decition :p

Man, Ac/Dc would have been the perfect table to have digitally. It is one of those few tables that I never get tired of. Always something else to choose when I have played Hells Bells for too long, then it is back to Hells Bells :cool:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Their quality control leaves a bit to be desired too.

Farsight's debbuger & QC guy, testing ready-to-release tables:

28175757834331.gif

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Omg yessssss they got full funding!!!!!

thanks to the amazing reception that stern pinball arcade has received, we’ve been able to enter into a new partnership that will allow us to fully fund this license without contributions from our loyal backer community! Development on the table can therefore start immediately, which will allow us to bring you this great table even sooner then we’d planned. We will release more information about this exciting development soon- stay tuned! Thank you so much for backing us! Without you, adding tables with premium licenses like this one would normally not be possible. We appreciate your loyalty to our products and your dedication to the art of pinball.

karl

May 10, 2012
Just what the doctor ordered

Fantastic news!

Now, let the speculation about this new partnership begin :cool:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts