New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarter is FULLY FUNDED!!!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'd like to kickoff the new partnership speculation by guessing it's Virtuapin or someone like that. It would make a lot of sense.

I don't mind waiting for news, as long as it's good news. Thank you Farsight, and thank you Stern Pinball.

That would be amazing.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
That thought crossed my mind as well. I REALLY hope it isn't Microsoft. Seeing their logo every time I play Pinball FX2 already makes me sick. Till the details of this "new partnership" are made public I'll just remain cautiously optimistic.

Not saying it is MS but on a positive note, they did buy Minecraft and still released it on Vita and WiiU post purchase. DLC may be released first on MS systems, but they still release DLC across the rest of the platforms as well. Now Minecraft 2 might be a different story but for now, MS is enjoying the return on their investment.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That would be amazing.

It certainly would.
It could also explain why cab support died. Maybe something like this has been in the works for some time.

Let's keep in mind this is just wild and fun speculation on my part. Nothing more than that.

AC/DC is going to be great. Didn't think we'd ever see a music heavy pin like this.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
If they had done this patnership sooner, they wouldn't even need that Kickstarter in first place. That was ood.

But who cares now, we're finally getting AC/DC and a dozen more Stern tables! Hooray!

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This is awesome news. Plus it seems like there is good buzz about SPA with coverage starting immediately on the kickstarter, backers already had 17k committed before the cancellation, and now some mysterious benefactor (which is great because we don't need the funding campaign but concerning because it might mean some detractor from the end user experience if we have to sit through ads or some other potential scenario). Can't wait to find out more about the partnership and if it means anything for other tables. Plus the rest of the project seems to give an idea of the other tables that will likely be available without funding campaigns (At least Star Trek on).

Oct 15, 2013
Hooray! I was really looking forward to this when I saw the kickstarter article on the site. Now that it's already funded that means it should be out earlier than November right? Is it also going to be ten bucks? I'll get it on the PS4 for sure as long as it doesn't have any sound problems. TPA on the PS4 has known sound issues but maybe because the Stern tables in the new game are going to use the actual table chips that won't be an issue? I hope so.

Oct 15, 2013
I'm a big AC/DC fan and I first heard about this table on the Blahcade podcast. Really cool that I'll get a chance to play it. I've only played one pin IRL and that was South Park. I'd like to see that one digitized as well. Not to derail the topic but is the Pinball After Dark thing still in the works? I see that Sega pinball was continued under Stern Pinball so could the South Park table show up in the new Stern game? Hmmmmmmm!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I was poised to pledge ($20) sometime soon when I saw the 'cancellation' of the Kickstarter. I never seen ACDC IRL so of course I never played it. But I will get it as soon as it hits the marketplace. And SPA will be a day one purchase when it hits Steam.

I would like to know how this got funded, but it's not that important. More tables are coming!!!!!!

P.S. Bring on Family Guy!

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It's comments like this that are unwarranted and frowned upon on this forum. FarSight entered a new partnership that allowed them to acquire the AC/DC license without a Kickstarter. Without this new partnership, funds from their recently canceled Kickstarter campaign would have still been required. There is absolutely no basis for your comment accusing FarSight of running a scam.

For the rest of our forum members, please be aware that comments like this will force us to tighten the leash on this forum once again and believe me when I say this...it's the absolute last thing the moderators of this forum want to do.

We welcome rational conversation and opinions on this forum so please don't force us back into the early days of moderation by posting these types of comments.

Thank you.

Yes, a new magical partnership ...that will not be mentioned. I like how they went from "cancelled" to "fully funded". The kickstarter wasn't fully funded, they cancelled it and are now after years of selling their product are finally going to act like a real business. Stern has a full marketing campaign in swing and we are supposed to believe they can't afford to pay for the product launch they are marketing for? As if Ghostbusters, Iron Man or Star Trek are any cheaper. It was a BS money grab, don't be mad at me for saying what so many other long time TPA customers are already thinking.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I thought of writing this after reading Pin Wiz's post.

As most of you guys know I don't post much anymore because, well, I don't have much to say that I haven't already. FarSight can digitize whatever they want. Glitches and and all they've already made a great pinball simulator as far as I'm concerned. Without them, I'd really have to think about spending thousands on a TZ, or a AFM, or whatever. Something that's just not logical for even the "typical" middle class person with a spouse and a mortgage.

It's nice to still get the enjoyment out of these tables without having to invest so much of our hard earned dollars and, for some of us, insane amounts of time in bringing them as close to factory original as to the best of our abilities. I'm currently spending an asinine amount of time repairing a late 50's Gottlieb Woodrail. My cash investment isn't much and I throw my time out the window because I enjoy it for some reason.

My point is I just can't fathom investing the capital into a real AC/DC or Metallica. Two tables that I think are awesome. Not to mention the other recent Sterns that kick @ss. I played Ghostbusters today. What a brutal and fun game but, there isn't an arcade around me and I don't have 5k to spare on one. I also tried to play a new KISS but it kept having problems that locked the game up or made it think a ball was missing. See, even the real thing can, and will, have its share of glitches and problems.

We should all just be happy that there's something coming down the pipeline that will let us play these great recent and really expensive Stern pins on our tablets, PS4's, XBONES AND PC's to, at least get our money's worth out of them. Cause, remember, these are recreations of FIVE THOUSAND + DOLLAR pieces of commercial entertainment equipment. And most of us do not have that kind of expendable cash.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes, a new magical partnership ...that will not be mentioned. I like how they went from "cancelled" to "fully funded". The kickstarter wasn't fully funded, they cancelled it and are now after years of selling their product are finally going to act like a real business. Stern has a full marketing campaign in swing and we are supposed to believe they can't afford to pay for the product launch they are marketing for? As if Ghostbusters, Iron Man or Star Trek are any cheaper. It was a BS money grab, don't be mad at me for saying what so many other long time TPA customers are already thinking.

Other members on this forum may indeed be thinking the same thing. The difference is, they have enough respect for other members, our forum and this community to not post accusatory comments stated as fact without any basis for them.

These types of posts bring down the moral of our community and we will not allow it.

Now please, respect our wishes and move on.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Cause, remember, these are recreations of FIVE THOUSAND + DOLLAR pieces of commercial entertainment equipment. And most of us do not have that kind of expendable cash.
And Project CARS -a $30 racing simulator game- has recreations of MILLION+ DOLLAR pieces of transportation vehicles.

You just can't compare a simulator with the real thing.

Other members on this forum may indeed be thinking the same thing. The difference is, they have enough respect for other members, our forum and this community to not post accusatory comments stated as fact without any basis for them.

We both know that the instant banning in the past here is the reason why forum members are too scared to post the truth.
If you need an example:

EDIT: Somehow I missed PinWiz's post. Sorry, PinWiz.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

The partnership is not magical, it is indeed a 3rd party. For some reason you can't wrap your brain around legal matters and the time it might take for all parties to agree on joint statements, instead spouting your aggravated agenda. NDA clauses are in effect, and you the consumer are not owed any explanations. For curiosities sake I hope we find out some of what happened, but if we don't, who cares? A Kickstarter was avoided, and maybe a path has been shown that will allow FarSight to not need another. Or maybe not. Enjoy the moment and quit trying to piss on everything. PinWiz has warned you, I'm doing the same. I don't mind constructive criticism of TPA at all. I do mind conspiracy theories that lower the IQ of this forum.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
And Project CARS -a $30 racing simulator game- has recreations of MILLION+ DOLLAR pieces of transportation vehicles.

You just can't compare a simulator with the real thing.:

When you factor in the price difference, OH YES I CAN! It's no different than paying $50 for a lap dance vs. $2,000 for a night of amazing $€x.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
We both know that the instant banning in the past here is the reason why forum members are too scared to post the truth.
I was by far the strictest of the moderators when I was still active, and despite the insinuations of my Facebook critics, no one was ever "instantly banned". Even with me, you got at least three chances, whether you deserved them or not.

I am in retirement now, where I wish to remain. Please allow me to continue to rest in peace by respecting my fellow moderators' instructions.

invitro

May 4, 2012
See, even the real thing can, and will, have its share of glitches and problems.

FWIW, I'd estimate that TPA has about one hundredth the share as real machines do. Rough calculation: about one in three games of real pinball in my life have been unplayable. About one in three hundred TPA games has.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
This is great news. I hope this unknown 3rd party has the capital for more tables in the future and doesn't turn into a Crave Entertainment situation that happened on the Xbox 360.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.