New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarter is FULLY FUNDED!!!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Then there are others where the premium/LE is the one I'd prefer by a bunch, like AC/DC to name one. Luci version please!
It's just my opinion. I'm sure many don't agree. Just how I feel after playing them.

I prefer hand drawn art wherever possible. Most of the AC/DC tables have the typical Stern Photoshop collage. Luci has some nicely drawn art. I wish it were cartoon versions of the band and maybe Rosie (they've always had a pretty humorous approach to self-depiction) but whatever we get, it's going to be awesome to have this table.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Or LOTR....
That will be another day.... :)

I'm a bit torn about all this news. On the one hand it's great to get more pinball in any form, especially with good quality graphics and a serviceable physics engine. On the other hand, I really like having all the tables in one app for HOF points and leaderboard purposes. I understand why they would want to have a seperate app for Stern tables; a new engine to drive the tables and brand recognition. So I still would have liked to have those new Sterns in regular TPA, and I'm a bit saddened to hear that there will be no more older Stern/DE releases in regular TPA.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
I agree that even though everything about this news is great, I really wish they were in the same app. When we get the Random feature, I'll be using that all the time. It'll suck jumping from one app to the other. Everything else sounds great!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've had a horrible, terrible, thought about who the "backer" might be.

You're all excited to start up SPA. You click on that icon, wherever it may be. And the first thing you see is....

"Electronic Arts presents ...."

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Go wash your keyboard EOS! :)
I actually liked Electronic Arts back in the day of the Apple II, One-on-one with dr. J and Larry Bird and all those NBA Live games.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
If it was someone like EA, surely this would only be a good thing? More exposure and more resources for Farsight. Although maybe I'm being naive.....

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
EA has a history of pushing games out early with day 1 patches on release day that don't fix everything wrong the playtesters found.

I don't know if that means more of the same or even worse in this case.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just for the record and before someone starts actually believing the mystery backer ["There goes that mystery backer!"] really is EA, I'm only kidding and laying out what in my mind might be a worst-case-scenario.

Though if it turns out to be true, don't all blame me at once.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
If it was someone like EA, surely this would only be a good thing? More exposure and more resources for Farsight. Although maybe I'm being naive.....

Electronic Arts used to be good back in the day, but they've gotten too big in many ways. They're now known for putting out games that don't really work well, and buying up and shutting down smaller studios. :p

For one entirely off topic, anecdotal point of comparison, compare indie title Cities Skyline with that disaster of a reboot EA tried for Sim City.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
The backer is someone who went to Stern before Farsight (Stern seemed to know about the deal first when they removed their Facebook post). If the backer was EA, wouldn't they contact the video game company (Farsight) first?

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
It's Zen. They got so tired of seeing Farsight having to use Kickstarter for high end licenses that they yelled "You're doing it wrong!" Then after taking a few deep breaths, they calmly said "Here, let us show you to do this the correct way." ;P

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just for gits and shiggles, what game studio/developer/individual would people be cool with? I used to joke I'd want Polyphany Digital, makers of Gran Turismo, to get their paws on the game. We're talking about a company that went and recorded every sound they could, measured every variation, on hundreds of cars, just because they wanted to be the ultimate simulator. They then would figure out how to milk every last ounce of processing power from whatever Playstation platform they were on. I mean c'mon, as a pinball nut who of us wouldn't drool over that?

Then again, they were also known for having massive budget overruns and enormous delays. Which I guess means I'd be fine with Kojima Studios too! Or Naughty Dog.

I wouldn't want something like Blizzard/Activision just because they are too big to care about a little game. Flip side though is Activision would probably develop a pinball controller and package it like they do with Guitar Hero. Too bad FarSight didn't call the game Pinball Wizard :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts