Request No more Gottlieb tables

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I think if they're ever going to do Genesis they're going to have to use the replacement backglass. Also... what the heck is with Premier's over saturated use of "sexy girls" on their backglasses? I know they're supposed to "attract players" but machines like Terminator 2 and PIN*BOT can do that easily with sound.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Egh, you're right. PS4 is still on Season 1. Well at least the coming lineups look more promising, but I stand by my dislike for pre-1980s era tables. Genie, Black Knight, Big Shot, etc are all packaged individually with a great modern table because, as I'm sure Farsight knows, if they were wrapped separate they wouldn't sell.

This is true, and Farsight has said as much.

Season 3 will be all individual table releases, and so far they are great! I imagine it will be this way from here on out.

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
If you haven't ever played a real Genie think again. Of course everyone has different tastes. I love the Genie I got recently. It is a beast, absolutely huge machine but lots to do and a bear of challenge to get the drops up top down. Then a bear to get the standup targets before you drain. Maybe I'm in the minority but a lot of these Sys 1 Gottliebs are lots of fun, just way different from what came later.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Egh, you're right. PS4 is still on Season 1. Well at least the coming lineups look more promising, but I stand by my dislike for pre-1980s era tables. Genie, Black Knight, Big Shot, etc are all packaged individually with a great modern table because, as I'm sure Farsight knows, if they were wrapped separate they wouldn't sell.

I believe they would sell, but to a mostly separate audience or for people who'd get the entire season anyway. They won't sell as much as the solid-state or DMD games, but they'll still sell--just to a mostly different audience. It's like comparing Netflix numbers for new releases to, say, Marx Brothers movies or Frank Capra movies. They're old, but they're classic and have their fans.

Especially games made before 1980, which have those iconic pinball chimes, rings, and clacks an the flat, basic playfield non-pinball people associate with pinball.

Last edited:

gonzo

Aug 27, 2013
How rude can a customer opinion be, overall when the said opinion is so egocentric. I like genie, it's a great oldie and I expect FS to release more tables of this kind from time to time. If they do: great. If they don't: still great.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Bring on Joker Poker and Royal Flush...throw in Grand Slam as the cherry on top. I know it won't happen, but a guy can dream, right?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm with you brother. I never played Grand Slam but I'll take your word on that one.

Right on. It's on the list of pins I almost bought, but the wife exercised her veto power. Could've had it for only $400, and it was in great shape. Sigh...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts