:) :) :) November 1st!

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
True, Australia for example is very expensive, thus games are very pricey. If an Australian developer created a game, and sold it worldwide for the same price as in Aus it would be ludicrous.

I would like some confirmation from Farsight on how much it will cost in other countries, but I guess we'll have to wait till Friday to find out.

In the EU we pay the same price on Steam as in the US, except that they just change the currency from Dollars to Euros.
So $40 turns into €40. €1 is $1,38, so that means a game for $40 in the US costs me $55 in Sweden.

This makes me annoyed at people complaining about the $5 they pay when we pay €5 for the same Product (table pack for instance)

Last edited:

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Here in Canada, we just pay in US funds, with the credit card doing the exchange from Canadian to US as we're billed. Funnily enough, when you buy Steam Wallet credit at EB Games/Game Stop here, it directly turns into US Funds at a 1:1 exchange rate when you redeem the code. That is, A $20 CAD credit purchase at a brick and morter location is redeemed as $20 USD on Steam. Works out great when the Canadian dollar is weaker than the US. :D

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
In the EU we pay the same price on Steam as in the US, except that they just change the currency from Dollars to Euros.
So $40 turns into €40. €1 is $1,38, so that means a game for $40 in the US costs me $55 in Sweden.

This makes me annoyed at people complaining about the $5 they pay when we pay €5 for the same Product (table pack for instance)

Yeah that's ridiculous. Euro and Pound are pretty much the same value at the moment, £1 = €0.86. So I have no idea why you have to pay that much when the price of games are scaled here in the UK.

Edit: Got it the wrong way round woops, £1 = €0.86

Last edited:

Roope

Sep 13, 2013

Actually this is not true. It is different for each game and it is the developer / publisher that defines what the regional prices are. Also there are two different tiers in Europe for the prices besides that.

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
I've been wanting to play TPA ever since we 360 owners got screwed by the courts. What're the specs for the Steam version? I assume it won't be too high. The other pinball game was laggy with my keyboard and less-laggy-but-still-laggy with my controller.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Actually this is not true. It is different for each game and it is the developer / publisher that defines what the regional prices are. Also there are two different tiers in Europe for the prices besides that.

Furthermore, at least in Finland we pay 24% VAT which actually brings the prices a lot closer together so publishers may be ripping us euros off, but not by all that much.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I've been wanting to play TPA ever since we 360 owners got screwed by the courts. What're the specs for the Steam version? I assume it won't be too high. The other pinball game was laggy with my keyboard and less-laggy-but-still-laggy with my controller.

44 tables at release (and more each month)

Timelord ...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Last edited:

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I have a feeling We won't see TPA this friday. I can't find anything about TPA on Steam Database. Can They set up everything just in one day?

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
But taking the exchange rate in, it would be $96.42 for season 1 and 2. Does that sound fair to you? You can't do worldwide price, it just ends up being completely unfair.

To be fair, that's a whole lot of tables. It is like buying two $45 games. You could just buy the first season at launch. By the time you are burnt out on all those tables, Steam will probably have a 75% off sale to get the rest of the tables.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
I have a feeling We won't see TPA this friday. I can't find anything about TPA on Steam Database. Can They set up everything just in one day?

I think so, I've seen a lot of games just show up randomly out of nowhere.

Like Typing of the Dead: Overkill recently, for instance.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012

The "store page" has been in review for 2 days now (supposed to take less than a day), so I emailed Valve to see what is going on.

Once the page is approved there is nothing keeping us from launching.

The date is set to Nov 1 for launch on the Steam site too.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
The "store page" has been in review for 2 days now (supposed to take less than a day), so I emailed Valve to see what is going on.

i'm not against 31 Oct launch too, Mike. but i definitely must play it on my B-Day at this Sunday)))

Last edited:

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012

Thanks for the information Mike!

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Like I had said on another forum, with TPA coming out as well as Typing of the Dead: Overkill (which also has the original, non-typing HOTD: Overkill, with the Director's Cut additions from the PS3 version), this sure is a great week for Steam releases!

wiesenpieper

Apr 26, 2013
will there be any offers at release? i already own all tables on Android System. I have to buy everything again or will there be offers to owners of other systems?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts