Official Twilight Zone News

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just topped $38,000 (69%)!

Great news. Although its slowed down a lot I'm sure we'll get there, if it looks like falling short I think a lot of people will up their pledge. $110k seems a long way off though for ST:TNG.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, I would be surprised if we got enough for ST:TNG.

I wouldn't recommend going to the well too often less people lose interest in kickstarter projects but if Farsight is able to secure all the necessary rights I recommend they do The Addams Family next. There is so much interest in that table it stands the best chance of exceeding its goal and possibly funding other tables such as ST:TNG.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hmm, was just looking over some other kickstarter projects and theres one by a company called Goldhawk Interactive to finish off a game called Xenonauts which is basically an X-Com remake, their target was 50k and they smashed it in just 2 days!!!!!, they are now sitting at 97K with still 16 days left.

Just shows how much support some projects get...sadly compared to this TPA isnt getting much at all. Im dubious if we will hit the target, there was always bound to be a massive surge the first few days, this has died off now and the funds are just trickling in now and its only slowing down as the days pass :(

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Hmm, was just looking over some other kickstarter projects and theres one by a company called Goldhawk Interactive to finish off a game called Xenonauts which is basically an X-Com remake, their target was 50k and they smashed it in just 2 days!!!!!, they are now sitting at 97K with still 16 days left.

Just shows how much support some projects get...sadly compared to this TPA isnt getting much at all. Im dubious if we will hit the target, there was always bound to be a massive surge the first few days, this has died off now and the funds are just trickling in now and its only slowing down as the days pass :(

$38,000 is hardly not getting much at all, and there's still lots of time left. Just because they didn't reach their goal in two days doesn't make it a failure. Stop being so pessimistic, people! You'll make it a self-fulfilling prophecy!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

This makes no sense to me, it has reach 70% of funding in less than a week. The average per day, up to and including today, is over 4 times more the average needed per day. This sounds extremely succesful to me once you know 95% of kickstarters make most of their funds in the first 3 and last 3 days of their timeline.

The worst thing you can do now is be, unfounded, pessimistic about it and turn off potential pledgers. We are literally almost there, and with little over 700 bucks a day we are ensured to have TZ confirmed within the first 3 months of this apps existance. How awesome is that?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, I would be surprised if we got enough for ST:TNG.

I wouldn't recommend going to the well too often less people lose interest in kickstarter projects but if Farsight is able to secure all the necessary rights I recommend they do The Addams Family next. There is so much interest in that table it stands the best chance of exceeding its goal and possibly funding other tables such as ST:TNG.

Yeah i would agree with that, say in 3-5 years time we looked back and said TPA was a great program but out of all the tables that was released on it over the years it never received a version of The Addams Family. That would be a massive shame!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
This makes no sense to me, it has reach 70% of funding in less than a week. The average per day, up to and including today, is over 4 times more the average needed per day. This sounds extremely succesful to me once you know 95% of kickstarters make most of their funds in the first 3 and last 3 days of their timeline.

The worst thing you can do now is be, unfounded, pessimistic about it and turn off potential pledgers. We are literally almost there, and with little over 700 bucks a day we are ensured to have TZ confirmed within the first 3 months of this apps existance. How awesome is that?

Honestly i'm not be pessimistic, i'm just being a realist. This is generally the way these kickstarters work, a massive surge to start of with then dies down to steady flow and then a trickle. That said the Facebook page has approx 6,180 odd likes now and only approx 1,300 people have pledges so there's plenty more people to pledge looking at those stats

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Honestly i'm not be pessimistic, i'm just being a realist. This is generally the way these kickstarters work, a massive surge to start of with then dies down to steady flow and then a trickle. That said the Facebook page has approx 6,180 odd likes now and only approx 1,300 people have pledges so there's plenty more people to pledge looking at those stats

You are forgetting the surge at the end.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I will pledge again towards the end if need be. Currently in for game only-but as they've added new tiers it's still tempting. I'm well up for TZ, but pretty neutral on ST:TNG having never played it IRL. Pretty lucky to have played all the current TPA tables (with exception of BH) IRL at some point-albeit very briefly in some cases (RBION, TOM and CV).

Lettuce IS a bit of a pessimist/troll.... ;)
But seeing what's required for old TV show licences is SCARY when compared to modern movie licences like LOTR!!!!!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Im in for 10 bucks only as well, would be tempted to go over 20 if the incentive was a bit better (not into cosmetic stuff like custom pinballs and wallpapers that much personally, although a new customary avatar WOULD be cool). Think they could do wonders with putting the tournament down to 25, operators menu down to 50, Beta tester down to 100 (although they might not want more than 100 testers) and find something new or cool for the 500/1000 tier.

Also some new incentive for 360 users could invoke a new surge. 400 MS points at 10$ or something

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012

Im in that kickstarter, I have been a supporter of that game since before this kickstarter when it was being funded slowly by pre-order over paypal.

Xcom, for those that don't know is perhaps the best PC game ever and those that got into it back in the '90's have been suffering for close to 20 years for a suitable successor/remake/update...something. Its been one failed attempt after another, always promising the same addictive quality and always being a very pale imitation. Xenonaughts looks like it might be the real deal, so Charlie Brown style we charge that football again hoping this time will be the payoff.

As for the TZ kick Im in for $100 for one simple reason. There is no earthly way I will be able to buy, maintain and find space for a real TZ in the next few years short of a lottery win. The prospect of a perfect copy, that never breaks or wears out, that is always clean and waxed before each play...I don't think I could put a price on that, but its more than $100 bucks. If I can figure out a way to bump up to the $500 level and still eat this month I will.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Let's stick to discussion of the Twilight Zone project, not other Kickstarters.

Not everyone interested in the table has contributed money. I've been busy preparing for a trip (that I'm now on) and haven't had a chance to kick any money into the pot. Not sure how much I'm in for yet, but it'll probably be $25, or higher.

N

Nik Barbour

I pledged last Saturday 10$.
Upped it to 25 mid week.
But I will go to 50 towards the end if necessary.
Hopefully others will be in similar positions.
I'm positive this will get there!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Im in for 10 bucks only as well, would be tempted to go over 20 if the incentive was a bit better (not into cosmetic stuff like custom pinballs and wallpapers that much personally, although a new customary avatar WOULD be cool). Think they could do wonders with putting the tournament down to 25, operators menu down to 50, Beta tester down to 100 (although they might not want more than 100 testers) and find something new or cool for the 500/1000 tier.
Also some new incentive for 360 users could invoke a new surge. 400 MS points at 10$ or something

I agree-I'd be well up for $25 with tourney incentive :)

Andy

N

Nik Barbour

I think these would be be great incentives to get more bidding!

Had another idea though....

Backers could.....
Have game on 2 platforms at $20,
3 platforms at $30.

I think judging by the poll on another thread, many people buy the tables on multiple platforms for the normal DLC.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Though I previously suggested it, I don't know if the Xbox points idea is such a good idea. It doesn't cost Farsight anything to give away copies of their game but they would have to purchase Xbox points.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

Incentives are things they give as a token of thanks. Most people are pledging because they want to help get this released, not because of the incentives. People pledge money to PBS because they think helping support PBS is a worthwhile goal, not because they have to have that tote bag.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I hope FarSight is working on that. European fans could really boost the Kickstarter to ensure both the TW and STTNG tables.

Pinball is still pretty big in some parts of Europe. Found a whole bunch of games in Amsterdam last year, including a couple of Medieval Madness's in bars opposite each other! They even let me fix the broken catapult on one of them. :)

I think FarSight could make it clearer on the Kickstarter page that the incentives are equally valid for European contributors. It's all very dollar-centric and makes it seem as if the fund is only going towards a US release of the table. The lack of presence on the European PSN Store obviously doesn't help that either.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts