Official Twilight Zone News

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would prefer to see them a standalone tables in addition to the regular scheduled dlc. That way we get the tables that would have been released and extras. For the non kickstarters that didn't pledge it would help emphasize the importance of the table and the fact that it is premium and commands an extra bit of $$$

N

Nik Barbour

I would prefer to see them a standalone tables in addition to the regular scheduled dlc. That way we get the tables that would have been released and extras. For the non kickstarters that didn't pledge it would help emphasize the importance of the table and the fact that it is premium and commands an extra bit of $$$

I agree with Bowflex here.

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I don't think I have ever come across an uninteresting pinball machine.

Agreed. So far there hasn't been a single table on TPA that I regret buying. I certainly have favourites, but it's obvious they choose these tables from rankings like ipdb, so it's pretty much guaranteed we will continue seeing high-class, well designed tables for years to come.

I even really started enjoying tables I disliked at first (Black Hole, RBION, Funhouse).

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Interesting - I was looking at some info on TZ on ipdb and read that it is a "wide body" machine! I've seen some videos and pics of TZ and never really realized that. I think it fits well with Lawlors unique designs, and it seems like not a lot of these widebody designs were used (most notably STTNG and Indiana Jones).

I'm really starting to love these tables with a lot of horizontal play and more "tactical" shots, I guess if I already love Funhouse, RBION and even the horrible 3DS PHOF Whirlwind version - probably my most played table right now despite the horrible port quality! - I will love TZ.

It also seems like TZ is the Radiant Silvergun of the pinball world - incredibly complex, incredibly complicated, crammed full with stuff, the holy grail for some people and overrated in the eyes of others ;)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, I guess the difference is between paying money for each try in the arcade and free play at home ;) With the credit element removed, the included instructions in the TPA-versions and the many strategies and videos available online arcade games can be approached much easier. What might be too complicated in an actual arcade might give the home version of the same game much more replayability.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
After getting TPA, I became a fan of pinball video games and can not get enough of it. Since then I bought Zen, Marvel, and Pinballistik with all their down loadable content packs. I would have bought the Williams Collection, but it is not offered as a down loadable game and it is quite costly, even for a used copy.

The one thing I can say about about TPA is that it has the best rule sheets and that really, really helps and makes the games very enjoyable. I was not a big pinball player in real life and even with my favorite and most played pinball machine, PIN*BOT, I never learned the rules and there for pinball in real life was just a matter of keeping the ball in play.

Having good rule sheets with good pictures and the step by step nature of the rule sheets in TPA has made has made all the difference to me in terms of enjoying pinball. I think of TPA pinball as the real deal and try to learn the rules bit by bit for each table. However, when I play Zen or Pinballistik, their rule sheets are pretty horrid, especially zen, so it becomes a trial and error affair with regard to learning the rules. But because I am not pumping quarters into the machines, I can afford to do trial and error. I really know nothing about Marvel Characters and purchased the Marvel Pinball Collection for my love of Pinball, not Marvel ... so when I went to read the rule sheets, I had no idea what they were talking about because they might mention a character depicted on the table, and besides the main character of the table, I have no idea who everyone else is. So when the rule sheet says, if you hit the spot target just below Mister X, I'm lost.

I know that Zen is about to release Zen 2 with updated rule sheets and I know if the the new rule sheets are good, they will raise my appreciation of all the tables.

It should be noted that I approach TPA differently than all the other pin games. When I sit down to play TPA, It is an tense experience, I don't want anyone interrupting or disturbing me ... it is a serious affair and I think it is because the tables are "real" and if I get good at a table, I feel like I accomplished something I could not accomplish in real life. When I play the other pin games, I approach them in a more light hearted, playful way and feel less pressure and less tense.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Jeff Minter's tweet today, the lucky **** has a ST:TNG!. I tried to get him to tweet about the kickstarter but he didn't go for it.

I have fond memories of servicing that very game! He has an Indiana Jones next to it, which I sold to him a few years ago. :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I love TPA's (and PHOF) rules sheets / tutorials. They tells you everything you need to know (I especially love how it uses arrows on the actual playfield) without being overly complicated or confusing. It puts other tutorials to shame, especially the woefully inadequate instruction cards found on IRL machines, or Pinball Archive's way too long and confusing extended rule sheets.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
They really need to tell us what they plan on doing with the extra money in the highly likely event that they don't meet their goal... I don't want to donate any more if I don't know where the money is going.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
They really need to tell us what they plan on doing with the extra money in the highly likely event that they don't meet their goal... I don't want to donate any more if I don't know where the money is going.

One way or another the money is probably going towards ST:TNG. The only difference is that we wouldn't get it for free. Unless they change the rewards. That's just my guess.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
If it bothers people that much, then they should just donate what they feel comfortable with.

It's been said a ton of times already that any excess over the Twilight Zone funding will go towards ST:TNG.

It just makes more sense as an end user to donate to this project because FarSight have stated that donation rewards (if the stretch goal is reached) that rewards will apply to both tables.

If you're not comfortable with that (and no doubt some folk wont be) then wait for FarSight to announce a separate Kickstarter for ST:TNG and donate to that instead.

Many donators are happy to donate to get the desired tables onto their desired hardware platform regardless of any rewards on top of that.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
No. It says Star Trek will be digitized if $110,000 is reached. It doesn't say what happens with the extra money if the pledges stop at $80,000, for instance. Another $50k in less than two weeks is a long-shot, so this needs to be addressed.

Starting another Kickstarter right away to raise the remaining money is an option, but it might rub a lot of people the wrong way. I'm perfectly happy with them promising to use the money towards other less expensive licenses and trying for Star Trek some other time.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I'm actually kind of surprised that FarSight hasn't updated somewhere to confirm that the leftover money will go towards ST: TNG. It's definitely come up quite a bit on here and on Facebook. I would like to assume this will be the case, but without something official I'm left to wonder.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Im a little confused... Will TZ still be available to buy for people who didnt donate or will just the kickstarters get that table?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts