Official Twilight Zone News

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Did you expect anything else? They're a bunch of pinball geeks and game coders! :D
LOL, I can't argue with that!

I'm happy we'll get to see TZ from what I hear about how great this table is. I'll be surprised if we get both tables in one Kickstarter project, but I'd be really happy if we did. Come on Trekkies! Help us out!

I can't tell my wife, but I think I'll be pledging $100 my next paycheck. :)

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
That was an amazing spike over the last few days and we are already at 51k! It is real exciting knowing that the odds are strongly in our favour that TZ will be coming to The Pinball Arcade.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Why is that? I actually think it's moving at a reasonable pace and the $55,000 target should be reached before the end of next week. That'll leave two more weeks to reach the $110,000 goal for Star Trek : The Next Generation. All FarSight has to do is get another video ready to promote the Star Trek table to draw in even more people to pledge.

No explanation needed... :)

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Im in a slight dilemma now then. Ive donated $25 when the kickstarter first kicked off, and now they have announced that TNG will also be made if they hit 110K i would double my amount to $50 if it ment we got TNG aswell but i would only double my amount if TNG was guaranteed but im not comfortable pledging $50 if we only end up with just the 1 tables.

Can FS do anything about this, maybe split the pledges or something, so if we dont hit 110K they'd only take $25 and not the $50??

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Im in a slight dilemma now then. Ive donated $25 when the kickstarter first kicked off, and now they have announced that TNG will also be made if they hit 110K i would double my amount to $50 if it ment we got TNG aswell but i would only double my amount if TNG was guaranteed but im not comfortable pledging $50 if only we end up with just 1 tables.

Is there anyway around this at all?

I too am in a similar sort of dilemma. What happens if I double my amount and we only reach say $85,000?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I too am in a similar sort of dilemma. What happens if I double my amount and we only reach say $85,000?
I'm not sure if this really answers your question, but if FarSight got say $85K, they have at least two options in my mind. They could do a second Kickstarter for the remaining $25K (although I might wait a suitable interval before doing so - even otherwise generous people get annoyed fast if you ask them for money too often). Or, if TZ sells like mad and they decide ST:TNG is a good risk, FarSight could just absorb the $25K themselves and recoup it over time.

I don't think they can really change the target table now that they've announced their intention to do ST:TNG if the stretch goal succeeds. Trekkies who had their heart set on ST:TNG would be mighty furious if the table changed after FarSight had accepted their pledges, even if it was TAF.

FarSight will probably clarify their intentions in an update soon. But let's give them the weekend to enjoy their success on TZ first! (I saw Mike on here not too long ago, hopefully he saw the good news?)

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
That would be my guess - If they were not to reach $110K - Then I would think they'd create a separate Kickstarter for $55K minus whatever has been submitted over the target for Twilight Zone.

Since you would've already pledged towards that, you could feel satisfied that you've done your bit towards that anyway.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
That would be my guess - If they were not to reach $110K - Then I would think they'd create a separate Kickstarter for $55K minus whatever has been submitted over the target for Twilight Zone.

Since you would've already pledged towards that, you could feel satisfied that you've done your bit towards that anyway.

But would I still qualify to receive both tables with my initial donation? I would love to have ST:TNG as well and would bump up my donation no problem if there was some sort of guarantee like the all or nothing approach for the money needed for TZ.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
I would think that FarSight will be tracking who'd donated what - So I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case.

EDIT:
Might be worth asking them to clarify that in a FAQ - I'm sure this is a question a lot of people would like clarification on.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
No you wouldnt, the text is clear on thay. You could however lower your pledge in the final day/hour/minute if it looks we wont make it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
But would I still qualify to receive both tables with my initial donation? I would love to have ST:TNG as well and would bump up my donation no problem if there was some sort of guarantee like the all or nothing approach for the money needed for TZ.

I've already posted about this very thing on the Kickstarter page, if you're more worried about the rewards than getting the table made, then just hold off pledging any more money and put it towards the next Kickstarter for ST:TNG (if needed).

I will say this, and it's my personal opinion, if everyone worried more about the rewards than getting the actual project funded, we wouldn't get anywhere, but in the end, it's your money and you can do what you please with it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Woohoo, we did it!

If we don't reach $110,000, my guess is Farsight will either start another KS for less OR they might just go ahead and pursue the STTNG licenses anyway because they know people will buy the table either way.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Woohoo, we did it!

If we don't reach $110,000, my guess is Farsight will either start another KS for less OR they might just go ahead and pursue the STTNG licenses anyway because they know people will buy the table either way.

If we get close enough to the stretch goal, I would hope FarSight would consider this.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Woohoo, we did it!

This would seem like the logical thing to do. We should be getting some great news from them any time now I would imagine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts