Official Twilight Zone News

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yes, I saw a youtube review (for the Android version) where they complained that you can only play for free until you reach a certain score, then have to buy the table. I guess they expect all games to work like Angry Birds.

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
There is also a possibility to enable ads for the premium tables to lower the cost of them. I wouldn't mind if I watch a picture of detergent before I play TZ, TAF or T2. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
@FarSight, can you please update us on the status of getting The Twilight Zone released on The Pinball Arcade. You asked for our help a week ago and we're all waiting anxiously to know what you need from us to get the ball rolling on this project. We're here to help out in any way we can to get The Twilight Zone released for The Pinball Arcade. Please don't let this opportunity slip by.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There is also a possibility to enable ads for the premium tables to lower the cost of them. I wouldn't mind if I watch a picture of detergent before I play TZ, TAF or T2. :)

Just as long as they don't go all Youtube on us. Having to watch a 30 second commercial before your video is acceptable, but now they seem to get longer and longer, frequently going over a minute and a half in length. I even had one that was three minutes long!

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Maybe instead of an add at the beginning they build the adds into the game. For example:

Instead of the robot saying "Don't touch the door", he could say "Leggo my Eggo".
Instead of the 'Powerball' we could have a red M&M.

:p

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Just as long as they don't go all Youtube on us. Having to watch a 30 second commercial before your video is acceptable, but now they seem to get longer and longer, frequently going over a minute and a half in length. I even had one that was three minutes long!

I think they made it so you only have to watch 5 seconds of the ad before skipping. I think it's Hulu that has gotten worse with ads (and even their premium service has them, or so I heard).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

I cringe at the thought of ads in The Pinball Arcade. I don't mind seeing ads on a billboard in a driving game, but I have a real problem with an ad being shoved in my face everytime I want to play one of my premium tables. Ads should be an absolute last resort and I don't think we're anywhere near that point.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I cringe at the thought of ads in The Pinball Arcade. I don't mind seeing ads on a billboard in a driving game, but I have a real problem with an ad being shoved in my face everytime I want to play one of my premium tables. Ads should be an absolute last resort and I don't think we're anywhere near that point.

I agree. I pay and will continue to pay extra to NOT have to look at annoying ads. Ads are one reason why I don't watch much on air TV...and use adblock while online. ;)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If FarSight ever decides to pursue ad support, they had better give us a choice like $5 with ad support or $10 without ad support. I know which version I'll be purchasing. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If FarSight ever decides to pursue ad support, they had better give us a choice like $5 with ad support or $10 without ad support. I know which version I'll be purchasing. :)
I concur. I'll gladly pay a few extra bucks for a table to keep it free of advertising. (I don't think they could do ads on the consoles anyway...?)

phantomfriar2002

Apr 13, 2012
no xbox 360 :(

too bad it's the only platform i play pinball arcade on...

Yeah, me too. Sadly I don't feel like paying, then having to pay again to buy the table while everyone else gets the table just for making a donation. I realize that's not Farsight's fault, but it's going to make a dent to some degree in the total contributions. Hopefully they'll get there anyway, though I think $55K is a big hill to climb. Good luck guys!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
no xbox 360 :(

too bad it's the only platform i play pinball arcade on...
Before widespread panic ensues: The "special edition" TZ with full operator menu access will be unavailable on the XBox 360. The standard TZ table will still be available (assuming the Kickstarter succeeds, of course).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Before widespread panic ensues: The "special edition" TZ with full operator menu access will be unavailable on the XBox 360. The standard TZ table will still be available (assuming the Kickstarter succeeds, of course).

Just pledged $50 and will pledge more if needed. :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I was surprised to see that the amount that they needed for licensing TZ was only $55k. I was thinking it would be more like $250k. I guess the budget for this kind of thing is tighter than I thought. I'm in. I just need to decide if I'm in for $100 or not. I like the $100 perk!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I like the perks they have. Kind of unique. I don't live too far from Big Bear but until I hit the lotto, that pledge is out of my range (Can't believe they didn't wait because I was planning on winning this week). From what I understand, the kickstarter fund can accrue more money than it needs. What would happen to the overage? At the rate they are going, they will probably have collected a good amount by the end of this week.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Farsight need to confirm the MS situation, you could easily read it as not coming out on xbox which could stop a lot of people donating, beside they could esily get around the problem by sending the points value to donators, for instance 400 points or whatever they are going to charge. I can't see MS complaining about that.

Members online

Members online