PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #5 - Gottlieb/Premier (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Gottlieb/Premier Tables

• Big House (1989)

Votes: 72 22.5%
  • Bone Busters Inc. (1989)

Votes: 103 32.2%
  • Cactus Jack's (1991)

Votes: 112 35.0%
  • Class of 1812 (1991)

Votes: 181 56.6%
  • Cleopatra (1977)

Votes: 45 14.1%
  • Count-Down (1979)

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Cue Ball Wizard (1992)

Votes: 170 53.1%
  • Devil's Dare (1982)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Diamond Lady (1988)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • Frank Thomas' Big Hurt (1995)

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Genesis (1986)

Votes: 69 21.6%
  • Gladiators (1993)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Haunted House (1982)

Votes: 221 69.1%
  • Joker Poker (1978)

Votes: 99 30.9%
  • Lights...Camera...Action! (1989)

Votes: 110 34.4%
  • Mario Andretti (1995)

Votes: 61 19.1%
  • Mars God of War (1981)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Operation : Thunder (1992)

Votes: 90 28.1%
  • Rescue 911 (1994)

Votes: 130 40.6%
  • Roller Disco (1980)

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Shaq Attaq (1995)

Votes: 68 21.3%
  • Sinbad (1978)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Solar Ride (1979)

Votes: 44 13.8%
  • Spirit (1982)

Votes: 73 22.8%
  • Street Fighter II (1993)

Votes: 144 45.0%
  • Surf 'n Safari (1991)

Votes: 91 28.4%
  • Time Line (1980)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • TX-Sector (1988)

Votes: 105 32.8%
  • Volcano (1981)

Votes: 51 15.9%
  • Wipe Out (1993)

Votes: 131 40.9%

• Total voters
N

netizen

IDK, but Roller Disco reminds me of date nights where each person would take a side of the table and giggle as the effects of the high took them places that they'd never been before.

I'd play the table if it came to TPA, but I guess I have a weakness for the Italian Bottom unless the game has something more to it

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I played 6 games of Roller Disco at the Pacific Pinball Museum today. I'm not sure if they had it onsite on my other visits but I never noticed it before. It was my first time playing it. I'm pretty certain not many people are going to vote for it but this widebody table is a real beauty. Great backglass and table art and it has a really nice flow to it also.

This video gives a better look at the art then the one posted in the top of the thread:

Well, it would never look anything like this cracked out LED version if digitized in TPA. :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
My picks:

Big House - The spotlight
Class of 1812 - Multiball chicken music
Devils' Dare - Artwork and sound
Haunted House - No explanation needed
Joker Poker - My favorite card themed table
Lights...Camera...Action! - I don't know...Rob Craig from the Silverball Podcast sings it praises a lot.
Operation: Thunder - I remember playing the old VP version from Scapino and thought it was pretty cool with a great light show.
Spirit - Artwork, sound and neat playfield layout.
TX-Sector - Music, music, music.
Volcano - Backglass and sound.

Quite a bit of System 80 love. Though, I'd dump them all for a TPA version of Gottlieb's Krull...well maybe not Haunted House. :)

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Nintendo flat-out refuses to allow any of their IPs to appear on any platform other than their own and FarSight is only looking to digitize tables they can release on every platform they support.

I haven't enjoyed anything Nintendo related since the Nintendo 64. They've been pretty much garbage to me ever since.

Shame, you'd think they want to make money. I understand it though, it's prideful, but I certainly don't agree with it.

tizzomr

Feb 10, 2013
No Monte Carlo??? High Speed ripoff??? I'm not an expert but I don't think so. People should have more say so of what goes on these lists. I guess you guys go one of the rankings sights which is cool and I know the poll has a limit, but Monte Carlo is one of my personal faves.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No Monte Carlo??? High Speed ripoff??? I'm not an expert but I don't think so. People should have more say so of what goes on these lists. I guess you guys go one of the rankings sights which is cool and I know the poll has a limit, but Monte Carlo is one of my personal faves.

Monte Carlo would have made the Top 50 for this poll. Unfortunately, each individual poll is limited to the Top 30.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
In alphabetical order...here are mine.

Bone Busters Inc.
Class Of 1812
Cue Ball Wizard
Haunted House
Lights...Camera...Action!
Operation Thunder
Roller Disco
Street Fighter II
Volcano
Wipe Out

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I played 6 games of Roller Disco at the Pacific Pinball Museum today. I'm not sure if they had it onsite on my other visits but I never noticed it before. It was my first time playing it. I'm pretty certain not many people are going to vote for it but this widebody table is a real beauty. Great backglass and table art and it has a really nice flow to it also.

This video gives a better look at the art then the one posted in the top of the thread:

I changed my vote last second...thanks to your video you posted, and comments. I removed my vote for Sinbad and added in Roller Disco in it's place. You convinced at least one of us. :)

Mick

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Except for Cue Ball Wizard and Haunted House (because of my familiarity with those thanks to Microsoft Pinball Arcade), the ones I chose were ones that, to me, looked cool.

Class of 1812
Cue Ball Wizard
Frank Thomas' Big Hurt
Haunted House
Lights, Camera, Action!
Rescue 911
Shaq Attaq*
Street Fighter II
Surf'n Safari
TX-Sector

*I will admit that this was partly due to the stupid title.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
So do you guys give more priority to tables you've played and liked or tables you've never plaued but look promising?

I remember loving pinball as a kid but can't recall a single table name, so all of them I play by what looks promising.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
First off I'm happy to see quite a few people voting for Rescue 911, I want to say Thank You. It's such an underrated Pinball Machine, I love the Helicopter and all the different Sirens blaring away, and a pretty good Playfield for Gottlieb. Well anyway here's my top ten for Gottlieb.

1) Big House (I played on Visual Pinball, and like it)
2) Bone Busters inc. (I played in real life, and love the playfield layout and Bonehead "Here's One Eye")
3) Cactus Jack (Played in real life, with the music the game gets really addicting)
4) Class of 1812 (Played on Visual Pinball, I love when the chickens start Clucking)
5) Haunted House ( in real life, I like it but gets a little bit repetitive after awhile, But I still played about 8 games on it at one time)
6) Lights, Camera, Action (Played on Visual Pinball, I love the cutscenes and gives you a good feeling of what Stuntman go through)
7) Rescue 911 (In real life and I have to say it's my all-time favorite Gottlieb game, I love the Helicopter and the Sirens throughout the game, and it gives me joy)
8) Street Fighter 2 (played it in real life, and like it, awesome music from the fighting game, only gripe is it's too easy)
9) Surf N Safari (I played it in real life, and would have to say this is my second all-time favorite Gottlieb game, It feels like your at a Water Park and very colorful and fun to play)
10) Wipeout (Played it on Visual Pinball, another one I like but gets kinda repetitive after a while for me)

Well their you have it my top ten Gottlieb/Premier Pinball Machines. Remember these are my opinions and they are different from everyone elses.

Last edited:

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Haunted House and Cue Ball Wizard are the only two in that list that I actually want to see in TPA. Otherwise in my opinion it's a very poor selection of games. There's a reason that Gottlieb only have 3 games in the official Pinside Top 100.

Obviously ill look at each video and pick anything that jumps out at me, but Genie, Central Park, Big Shot and Goin Nuts are the most disappointing games In TPA for me, and I'd be perfectly happy if we don't see anymore Gottlieb tables for a long while.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Oh no! I now noticed that I have voted for Mario Andretti instead of Mars God of war also. Hehe, Epic fail.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Obviously ill look at each video and pick anything that jumps out at me, but Genie, Central Park, Big Shot and Goin Nuts are the most disappointing games In TPA for me, and I'd be perfectly happy if we don't see anymore Gottlieb tables for a long while.

Well it's all matter of personal taste but I agree with you there. all the Gottlieb tables in TPA aren't that fun to me. Black Hole may the Best gottlieb table but I rarely play. We will most likely see table the FS has done from their earlier title before Pinball arcade. Only speculating though
So do you guys give more priority to tables you've played and liked or tables you've never plaued but look promising?

I remember loving pinball as a kid but can't recall a single table name, so all of them I play by what looks promising.

In this case I only look at the tables that look promising. I have not played any of these tables. I much prefer Williams or stern Tables. They just have better tables IMO.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

OK, fine, I'll admit: I like MC a tiny bit. I like the music, I like the roulette wheel... But I don't like the unbalanced 10,000,000 shot. I kinda like the multiball... but I ABSOLUTELY HATE the translite.

LeBaron

Jun 8, 2013
As a previous poster said in another poll thread, roulette makes much more sense on a pinball machine than the endless card-game themed ones. I would have liked MC on the list too. I'd like to see as much variety as possibly on TPA regardless of wether they necessarily come high on IPDM polls or whatever. It would just give us as much choice as possible rather than lots of great but more samey pinball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.