PBA : Free Camera Mod

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Great news ... I am pretty sure it will be released sometime between May 4th and May 12th... Since I will be out of town on vacation lol. Happy to hear it's coming, this is an important add/on for TPA

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
It would be nice if someone who's good at photoshopping could design an icon for the mod executable, right now i'm using a generic icon i've found somewhere and it's a bit ugly. The idea would be to design something with a pinball ball and/or a camera and the text "PBA Free Camera Mod" or "Free Camera Mod" but that's just my idea, if somebody wants to give a try and do something different, feel free to show me what you guys can do!

Thanks!

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
1st go :)

NoExMod.png

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014

Thats bad ass right there. Like it ... good 1st go. Not sure bout the TPA. Farsight may not want their name on it. Personally I dont Think it needs the TPA on it. Maybe advertise as "Free Camera Mod" .... for TPA, and leave the TPA off the icon.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Nice Sir_LANs-a-lot! nudnick is probably right, it doesn't need "TPA" on it, we all know for which game it's made for anyway :)

I just tried to convert the second one (i prefer with colors) to an icon file and the text is a bit too small, it's not much readable once reduced to a smaller picture, maybe you can try to change the general aspect of the icon and the disposition of the text to something like this with a bigger font:

heighway_rocket_sm.png

It should display better on the desktop once reduced.

You can remove "NoEx" if you don't have enough space, just write "FreeCam Mod" or "Free Camera Mod".

Also could you try to change the ball's color to something a bit lighter, i've also noticed that when reduced, it's a bit hard to dissociate the ball and the camera because their colors is almost the same.

Thanks!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I would also suggest a simpler camera design. Think graphic, not detailed. Just look at the icons on your desktop, and you will see a simplicity behind the sophistication. Logos man, I tell you every time I try to make one, I realize the guys that do it for a living earn every penny.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Or something like this should scale down better:

NoExMod06.png

Other image amended as per Craigs suggestion (You might need to refresh your browser page/cache):

NoExMod05.png

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Great! Would be nice if you could insert the ball you've just posted into the icon design instead of the black colored background (maybe it won't look good, let's see), if i can also suggest you to slightly enlarge the font size again, it's still a bit small on the desktop, if you need more space you can separate the text, "FREE CAMERA" on the top and "MOD" on the bottom. And finally could you please add a touch of color? :D not too much just something like the icon i've posted earlier.

Thanks! :)

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
I'm REALLY late to the party. I would love to get my hands on a beta of this.
I will gladly help out with any testing.
You need any more testers?
Pretty please, with sugar on top!
:D

Seriously though, any help you need, let me know.
Junky

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
2 suggestions. Don't use a real image for the pinball. Make that graphic too. In the blank area to the left and right, put a flipper shape. Right now I can't tell if it is a bowling ball, a pool ball, or what. Flippers tell the tale.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
2 suggestions. Don't use a real image for the pinball. Make that graphic too. In the blank area to the left and right, put a flipper shape. Right now I can't tell if it is a bowling ball, a pool ball, or what. Flippers tell the tale.

Yeah, but don't forget it has to scale down to icon size and I think flippers might be too small maybe?

I'll wait to see what NoEx thinks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.