PC v1.25.10 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Soooooo, that's kinda head scratching. I'm guessing the GI lighting trick is what caused High Speed's greater size, but wut up wit Taxi? The sound bites?
That would make sense for HS, but I'm sure I read on this forum from an FS employee that it was because of the sound... think it was in relation to the size of the Android beta.
As for Taxi, no idea! Possibly because it has a somewhat long song or two in there? Other sound samples? Assuming it is a sound thing, of course.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
That would make sense for HS, but I'm sure I read on this forum from an FS employee that it was because of the sound... think it was in relation to the size of the Android beta.
As for Taxi, no idea! Possibly because it has a somewhat long song or two in there? Other sound samples? Assuming it is a sound thing, of course.

High Speed and Pin*Bot have a similar sound set. High Speed has around 300 samples ranging from 10KB to 6MB at 44100 sample rate. The total size of the sound set before compression is just under 135MB. Pin*Bot's is just under 160MB before compression. Taxi's is just under 140MB before compression.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Size doesn't matter ;)
No seriously, I still find it strange with T2 being almost pink free now.

Do all pc owners have the pink with some tables? CC guns, HD ramp, ...
Or is it just som random bug that hit me for no reason?
Maybe it depends on graphics card or tv setup?

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
Set a new high score on Pin Bot this weekend, and it never registered on the global leaderboards (only on Friends)
The same thing happened today when I got a new high score on Goin Nuts.
Yes, Pro Mode is disabled. I checked the weekly global leaderboards and they were all empty. ETA on a fix?

BlackRainbowFT

Apr 14, 2014
BUG #1
Title Bug: Black Knight ramp collision
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680
Ram: 18Gb
Version #1-25-10:
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: “1920*1080”

Frequency of Occurrence: “100% of the time”

Comment: The collision model of the ramp doesn't match what we see on screen. The ball goes partially through the ramp as if the actual ramp was like 2cm lower.

BUG #2
Title Bug: Monster Bash Z-Fighting
Version #1-25-10:

Comment: There's some texture Z-Fighting on the monster of the black lagoon bit that lights up (green).

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Size doesn't matter ;)
No seriously, I still find it strange with T2 being almost pink free now.

Do all pc owners have the pink with some tables? CC guns, HD ramp, ...
Or is it just som random bug that hit me for no reason?
Maybe it depends on graphics card or tv setup?
I played T2 the other night and it still struck me as quite pink. Maybe it's less pink than before (it's been a while since I played it) but it still doesn't look quite right. A large number of tables still have a weird hue to them, too. TZ is one of them, I'm pretty sure there are others.

Kinda relates to what I was saying in another thread about WMS PHoF on 360... all the tables looked spot-on, with slightly muted yet realistic looking colours. Everything feels overblown now :(

priested

Nov 7, 2013
BUG: PERFFORMANCE - Frame Rate seems significantly degraded after update to 1.25.10
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
Ram: 16GB
Version #:1.25.10
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: 1920x1200

Frequency of Occurrence: Inconsistent

Expected Result: Smooth, fast ball motion, even with video settings maxed out
Actual Result: Intermittent significant drop in frame rate, smoothness, and ball speed
Comment: Cant seem to find consistent steps to reproduce - seems random - wasn't an issue before today.

I only see this with Funhouse and it is constant - not random. Haven't been through all of them but Funhouse is broken for me. Like playing in slow motion. Most other tables working fine.

Last edited:

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Title Bug: General - Camera locked during multiball.
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 6670
RAM: 4GB
Version#: 1.25.10
Display: Fullscreen
Display Resolution: 1600x900

Frequency of Occurance: 30-40% of the time

Expected results: After launch, camera should view back to playfield during multiball
Actual Results: After launch, camera still in "launch mode" and makes gameplay more difficult due to irregular camera view

Comment: This happened to me in earlier versions, when I play multiball on tables like CV, HD, and NGG. Although it doesn't happen all the time, the camera somehow locks itself into "Launch" view once all balls are out in the playfield. The camera will resume its original view once multiball is over.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Title: On Taxi, the ball passes through the Gorbie gate as it travels up the right ramp.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460
Ram: 8GB
Version #1.25.10
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1680x1050”

Frequency of Occurrence: “Frequent"

Expected Result: The ball should travel on the ramp without any interference with anything not on the ramp.
Actual Result: Instead, it triggers the Gorbie gate as it goes up the ramp.

Comment: On the same ramp, sometimes it lowers the leftmost Lola drop target as it travels down the habitrail.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Bug - General
Title - Game ceases responding after minimizing
OS - Windows 7 SP1
GPU - Nvidia GTX Titan
Memory - 16 GB
Version - latest release as of this posting
Display Mode - full screen
Display resolution - 1080p

Frequency - 100% and reproducible under my current system configuration

When playing TPA in full screen mode, if the user minimizes the game it ceases responding to input and effectively hangs. The OS thinks that the window is open but no further screen updates are made and the user is forced to kill the task in the task manager.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Bug - General
Title - Game ceases responding after minimizing
OS - Windows 7 SP1
GPU - Nvidia GTX Titan
Memory - 16 GB
Version - latest release as of this posting
Display Mode - full screen
Display resolution - 1080p

Frequency - 100% and reproducible under my current system configuration

When playing TPA in full screen mode, if the user minimizes the game it ceases responding to input and effectively hangs. The OS thinks that the window is open but no further screen updates are made and the user is forced to kill the task in the task manager.

Confirmed ...

For the moment the work around is use full screen window mode.

Timelord ...

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
File this one under "lingering bugs". It's been like this since beta...

Art - Some insert decals on TOTAN (several tables, actually) are overbright, some are normal-looking

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti
Ram: 9GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.25.10
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Insert decals match ambient lighting of playfield art
Actual Result: Insert decals vary, some are unrealistically bright.

See screenshot. Green outlined items look normal. Red outlined items look unrealistically bright.

totan-decals.jpg

I'm between jobs at the moment and reasonably handy with Photoshop. Need me to drive out and work as an intern for a few days? :)

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I noticed a UI problem with the newest update. If you are using a controller and enter the Season 1&2 menu, the B button does not back you out. You need to either hit escape or use the mouse to press the back arrow in the lower left corner. You are not able to use the d-pad to select the back arrow either. It wasn't possible to back out using just the controller. Not sure if this is new or has been there ever since they lumped season 1 and 2 together to free up a spot for season 3.

OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560
Ram: 8GB

Expected Result: Able to exit Season 1&2 menu using controller
Actual Result: Must use keyboard or mouse to exit

swift

Apr 7, 2014
Title Bug: double menu music when checking goal instructions
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1 x64
Graphics Card: Radeon 4890
Ram: 4GB
Version: 1.25.10

Frequency of Occurrence: Almost all tables

Comment: After loading a table,when you click on the table/wizard goals to read the instructions, you have two concurrent in-game music tracks playing. For me it happens mostly after finishing a game, then going to the goals instructions. Although sometimes even before i start a new game. It persists even after you exit the goal instructions.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I found what I'd consider a fairly major bug unless Farsight is aware of it or unlocked them. I won't go into how I did it, but given a combination of 360 controller buttons I was able to use & access DLC balls. This includes Black Hole or Twilight Zone (black with stars), Centaur, Whirlwind, Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub, Space Shuttle, Terminator 2, (what looks like it could be Circus Voltair), Goin Nuts and few others.

If this was intentional or has already been reported I apologize as I don't have time to keep up with or look up all the reported bugs. I'd be happy to reveal privately to a dev or mod how I did it, just pvt message me.

Title Bug: All Tables

OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB
Ram: 16GB
Version #1.25.10
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1920x1080”

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% - Conditional based on 360 controller buttons

Expected Result: Only Extra Balls that I've paid extra for should show up

Comment: I found this bug while looking for the STTNG balls that I paid for.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu: NA

BTW this forums times out far too fast for elaborate posting of bugs, please increase this thanks.

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
File this one under "lingering bugs" also. It's also been like this since beta. I couldn't find my original report of this bug to copy/paste it here, but I have reported it before.

Physics - If you hold down plunger before ball kicks from trough to shooter lane, the plunger won't actually plunge the ball.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti
Ram: 9GB

Expected result: Hold plunger before ball kicks from trough to shooter lane. Ball kicks to shooter lane. Release plunger and commence playing.
Actual result: Hold plunger before ball kicks from trough to shooter lane. Ball kicks to shooter lane. Release plunger and ball just sits there. Until you re-plunge.

For what it's worth, I'm using keyboard, not controller.

BlackRainbowFT

Apr 14, 2014
BUG #1
Title Bug: Terminator 2: Judgment Day Audio
Version #1-25-10:

Frequency of Occurrence: “10% of the time”

Comment: Sometimes, when I go to the goal list and click on one of them to see how to do it, there are two separate audio tracks playing at the same time. It happened also on another table, Monster Bash, I think (I'm not sure).

BUG #2
Title Bug: Black Hole: Two undetected balls on the playfield.
Version #1-25-10:

Frequency of Occurrence: only once, for now (I know I'm supposed to report stuff that happens regularly, but still).

Comment: If I remember correctly, I started a 2-ball multiball and I think one of them got back to the plunger (can't remember how). After that, the camera was stuck on the plunger. If I pressed the "change camera angle" button, it switched between the plunger cameras and not the play-field cameras. I lost one of the ball in the lower play-field and I saw that the ball was stuck down there, as if the table couldn't detect there was a ball. The only way to fix it was to lose both balls.

BlackRainbowFT

Apr 14, 2014
BUG #1
Title Bug: Black Hole Texture Z Fighting
Version #1-25-10:

Comment: When you use the furthest camera you see some serious texture Z fighting on the left and on the right of the central rollovers (the one with the red dot).

BUG #2
Title Bug: Game crashes whenever you alt-tab, etc.
Version #1-25-10:

Frequency of Occurrence: Every single time.

Comment: The screen turns black and you can't keep playing.

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
1. TWILIGHT ZONE - TABLE BROKEN! Auto-launcher feed error!
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660M
Ram: 8Gb
Version: 1.25.10
Display Resolution: 1280x1920 (portrait)

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Comment: Once you get certain missions, the auto-launcher does not fire the balls correctly, so they all jam up in the shooting ramp. This also breaks the gumball machine, which cannot be reloaded ever again once emptied. The table then loses count of balls on table and ends game prematurely. This is a severe TABLE BREAKING issue and I can no longer play the table anymore.

This is 100% consistent in Fast Lock mission. Here's a screenshot once fast lock mission begins. This also happens after "Lost in the Zone" and other modes, the balls simply pile up in the launch area.
SELOPrC.jpg

2. TWILIGHT ZONE Camera wall still broken
Simply put, the wall between the camera and gumball drop is still too small and fast balls going into camera end up in the gumball drop zone, resulting in the ball not doing anything and being ejected via slot machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online