Bug PC Version 1.19.6 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I've run into something rather odd. Whenever I try to stream the game using OBS the game lags to a lesser or greater degree depending on the table. I started digging some more into it and my cpu usage never goes above 25%, and my GPU barely breaks 30% (CPU usage 13% if I stop streaming). I don't really understand what could be causing it. The game does support multiple cores, right?

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I can confirm this on my sixaxis controller.
Bigshot, BH,Genie, Gorgar .. any scripted game the initials have to be entered with the L2/R2 buttons even when the flippers are mapped to R1/L1

Thanks, Netizen, have a great day !!!

Timelord ...

Retron

Oct 31, 2013
Crash due to out of memory after buying Pro Pack

I can't repeat this bug due to it involving a purchase of season 2. I already had season 1.

Title Bug: Crash when buying season 2
OS Version: Windows 8.1 x64
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Ram: 16GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.4
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: Once

Expected Result: Menus to work without causing an out of memory error
Actual Result: Crash with an out of memory error (in memmanager.c, line 805)

Comment: I launched Pinball Arcade and went to Class of 1812. I then ordered the Pro Pack for season 2, going through various browser frames that popped up to add funds to my Steam wallet via PayPal. After the purchase went through (no confirmation message) I noticed the tables listed were still Season 2. I clicked Back to go to the main menu and the game crashed with an out of memory error. Upon reloading Pinball Arcade all the tables were listed under My Tables, much to my relief!

Contents of log.txt follow.

vs 1.19.4
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 670498816
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Resource Heap2
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
Init Game
IMemoryInterface - Allocate
IMemoryInterface - InitHeap
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Resource\Resource.c, LINE - 1565

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 546

Set display mode
Resolution = 1920x1080
PixelFormat = 22
DepthFormat = 75
StencilBits = 8
Create DX9 Device
Create Device Success
Success
Open File Resource\Debugging.rez :
Success
(*snip lots of resource loading - all loaded fine*)

Start Purchase Season Pro Pass 2

Txn StartPurchase
Txn Status Status = OK

Txn StartPurchase Success
Txn FinalizePurchase
Txn Status Status = OK

Txn FinalizePurchase Success
Purchase Complete
Purchase Success
MemManger - Out of Memory!
Error: out of memory, FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Utility\MemManager.c, LINE - 805

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I've run into something rather odd. Whenever I try to stream the game using OBS the game lags to a lesser or greater degree depending on the table. I started digging some more into it and my cpu usage never goes above 25%, and my GPU barely breaks 30% (CPU usage 13% if I stop streaming). I don't really understand what could be causing it. The game does support multiple cores, right?

Maybe it could be disk IO? I'm not familiar with streaming, as I usually just record and upload afterwards, but I imagine the data has to reside somewhere while it gets encoded before being sent off to the streaming site.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Maybe it could be disk IO? I'm not familiar with streaming, as I usually just record and upload afterwards, but I imagine the data has to reside somewhere while it gets encoded before being sent off to the streaming site.

That seems plausible. I'll look into that, thanks.

Brian Reynolds

Nov 6, 2013
Title Bug: Depressing the right analog stick on a wired Xbox 360 controller causes the camera mode, camera lock, and HUD display to advance one setting. Effectively this stick pressure results in the same activity as if the X, Y, and B buttons were all pressed at once. EDIT: pressing the stick also trigger the A button action too.
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
Ram: 24GB
Version #1.19.4
Display Mode: Full Screen, probably windowed too.
Display Resolution: 1920x1200

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Nothing
Actual Result: Camera mode, lock setting, and HUD display advances one position.

Comment: I probably goofed when I posted this in the other thread so I'm re-posting here. I've remapped the buttons on my controller so that the right analog stick now controls the nudge feature and the left analog stick controls the plunger, and now when I try nudging the table during play I will regularly apply just enough pressure on the right stick to register a "depressed" state and this causes the immediate change of the camera, camera lock, and hud display settings which are simultaneously bound to the X, Y, and B buttons. There is no option in the controller settings to change the operation of the right analog stick depress state so the proper behavior would be for the action to have no effect whatsoever, but currently it does which is pretty inconvenient since the stick depression happens precisely when careful attention and activity are required (ie: when nudging is important).

Last edited:

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
Hi, I found this site and registered to report the 360 controller stuck on full power nudge. The thing is, I see others doing the same; I don't see any ack of the bug, only a suggestion to try drivers.

So is there a DB of accepted bugs anywhere? If there's not how is there any tracking of open issues? If there's no tracking I'd have thought there would be all sorts of bugs that have been present and reported all the way through the beta testing. If there is a DB could someone point me at it so I don't spam up the thread reporting known, and tracked, issues please.

N

netizen

I can confirm that it doesn't happen with keyboard type(HotRode/XArcade type) controllers. Can someone with a XBox 360 type controller see if they can reproduce this?

Timelord ...

I can confirm this on my sixaxis controller.
Bigshot, BH,Genie, Gorgar .. any scripted game the initials have to be entered with the L2/R2 buttons even when the flippers are mapped to R1/L1

Looking into this further: When I use default xbox xinput mappings it seems that the L2/R2 or Trigger buttons have both Analogue and Digital functions assigned to them, whereas the L1/R1 or Bumper buttons do not. This is probably what is causing the issue with xbox controllers having the issue on the scripted tables where the R2/L2 or Trigger buttons need to be used to enter initials even when the flipper buttons are mapped to the L1/R1 or Bumper buttons.

For sixaxis users they can get around this by using an emulation tool, like DS3, that has better mapping features and assign the analogue functions to the L1/R1 Trigger buttons so that there is no need to use the L2/R2 Bumpers to enter initials on scripted tables.

I assume that your HotRod control surface uses keyboard/HID mapping for its buttons, right Timelord?

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
Frequency of Occurrence: Once

Expected Result: Menus to work without causing an out of memory error
Actual Result: Crash with an out of memory error (in memmanager.c, line 805)
Snap, really, except the "once" part.

Title Bug: Crash. Navigating all the tables in the menu then exiting to the main menu (out of memory, line 805).
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260M
Ram: 4GB

Frequency of Occurrence: Every time, if I do the same thing.

Expected Result: To be able to navigate every table on the menu and then exit to the title menu.
Actual Result: Out of Memory (line 805) crash.

Comment: On the table menu screen (I have all of them, presently) if I basically go throw almost the entire list and then try to exit to the main menu I get the Out of Memory (line 805) error and have to select to quit. This happens every time I've tried.

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Snap, really, except the "once" part.

Title Bug: Crash. Navigating all the tables in the menu then exiting to the main menu (out of memory, line 805).

can reproduce as well, 100% of the time:
- start the game
- go into table selection screen
- scroll one table up or down
- press back button (xbox 360 'b')
--> black screen with "out of memory" and different options to 'continue', 'quit', 'skip' etc.

R

Rhandos

Title Bug: Crash - out of memory error every time I use the back button on either Season Pack menus
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 650m
Ram: 8GB
Display Resolution: 1680x150

Frequency of Occurrence: Every time

Expected Result: The game enters the home menu screen
Actual Result: The game crashes every single time on button press

Comment: Steps to reproduce: Start PBA. Click on either Season 1 or Season 2 tables. Scroll through lists, but choose nothing. Click the back button. The error screen appears. I've verified the game cache. This never happened in the beta for me, but then again I've only used the "My Tables" selection, never the "Season" selections.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Log.txt:
vs 1.19.4
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Resource Heap2
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
Init Game

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 546

Set display mode
Resolution = 1680x1050
PixelFormat = 22
DepthFormat = 75
StencilBits = 8
Create DX9 Device
Create Device Success
Success
Open File Resource\Debugging.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TestFX.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\BallObject.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TableDefines.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\GUIMenuDefines.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\GUI.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\Fonts.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\GUI_ProVer.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\GUI_DLC.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\GUI_LCD.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\GenericEnv.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TTotan.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TRipleys.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TTheaterOfMagic.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TBlackHole.Rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TMediev.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TBridePB.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TCirqus.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TFnHouse.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TMonsterBash.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TGorgar.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TCreature.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TKnight.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TTaxi.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\THarleyDavidson.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TGofers.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TElviraPartyMonsters.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TGenie.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TScaredStiff.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TVictory.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TTwilightZone.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TBigShot.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TStarTrekTNG.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TPinbot.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TAttackFromMars.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TWhirlWind.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TDrDude.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TFirepwr.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TCentralPark.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TCactusCanyon.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TShuttle.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TChampionPub.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TAceHigh.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TWhiteWater.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TCentaur.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TFlight2000.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TGoinNuts.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TTerminator2.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\THauntedHouse.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TTeedOff.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\TClass1812.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\Objects.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\Overlays.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\Sound.rez :
Success

Open File Resource\GenTableSounds.rez :
Success

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Looking into this further: When I use default xbox xinput mappings it seems that the L2/R2 or Trigger buttons have both Analogue and Digital functions assigned to them, whereas the L1/R1 or Bumper buttons do not. This is probably what is causing the issue with xbox controllers having the issue on the scripted tables where the R2/L2 or Trigger buttons need to be used to enter initials even when the flipper buttons are mapped to the L1/R1 or Bumper buttons.

For sixaxis users they can get around this by using an emulation tool, like DS3, that has better mapping features and assign the analogue functions to the L1/R1 Trigger buttons so that there is no need to use the L2/R2 Bumpers to enter initials on scripted tables.

I assume that your HotRod control surface uses keyboard/HID mapping for its buttons, right Timelord?

Absolutely,

The Hotrod is a keyboard pass-through device.
Just trying to to get this verified and onto the bug list for the O. P.of this bug.

I can't verify it personally so I thought I'd highlight it.

Timelord ...

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
Title Bug: Crash. Navigating of few of the tables in the menu then exiting to the main menu (out of memory, line 805).
OS Version: Windows 8 (fully updated)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 660 ti

Expected Result: To be able to navigate every table on the menu and then exit to the title menu.

Comment: On the table menu screen (I have all of them, presently) if I basically go throw almost the entire list and then try to exit to the main menu I get the Out of Memory (line 805) error and have to select to quit. This happens every time I've tried.
--------------------

I just copied the descriptions from above. Yesterday i played without a problem and now everytime i browse through the table menu and return to the title menu i get this black screen. Will try a system restart.

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
Title Bug: Crash. Navigating of few of the tables in the menu then exiting to the main menu (out of memory, line 805).
OS Version: Windows 8 (fully updated)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 660 ti

--------------------

I just copied the descriptions from above. Yesterday i played without a problem and now everytime i browse through the table menu and return to the title menu i get this black screen. Will try a system restart.

Edit: Restarted the System and it's still Happening everytime i do the above. There is nothing RAM consuming running in the background.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Title Bug: Crash - Crash immediately after launching
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 Bit)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT
Version #: 1.19.4
Display Resolution: “1920x1024”
Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time, 20/20 launches

Expected Result: Game launches without error
Actual Result: Game crashes immediately after launching through Steam

Comment:
There is an APPCRASH error each time when launching the game now, although I was able to play without incident the previous two days. There has been no change in hardware or resolution settings, I suspect an update was pushed to the game client but I have no way to verify. The game never makes it to the initial logo splash screens, but immediately displays a crash log upon hitting the "play game" button from within steam.

I have tried: Deleting local content and reinstalling the game client, rebooting Windows (and consequently restarting Steam), Setting the application settings back to defaults. Same result in all cases.

New Info:
Ok, I have tried verifying the integrity of the game cache through steam several times now, and it tells me that two of the files fail to validate and will be reacquired. If I verify the game cache integrity again without launching TPA, I will get "All files successfully verified". However, if I launch TPA, it will crash once again and verifying the cache immediately afterwards tells me that two files cannot be validated. This leads me to believe that launching the app is making some kind of change to these two files each time I run it, or at least each time it crashes.

Log.txt
vs 1.19.4
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Resource Heap2
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
Init Game
CreateMasteringVoice Failed -2003435519
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PC\PCApp.cpp, LINE - 306

AppCrash Log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PinballArcade.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5279a2a5
Fault Module Name: PinballArcade.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5279a2a5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00090960
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Last edited:

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
Bug: Framerate drops from 60 fps to 30fps on Scared Stiff table when selecting the lab on the spider web.
Restarting brings back 60fps.

This happens every time on the spider web.

Graphics Card: GTX 580 SLI

Memory: 12GB

Version: 1.19.4

Display Mode: Fullscreen

Display Resolution: 1920 X 1080

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Title Bug: Leaderboards on PC cannot be accessed while in-game from the pause menu, instead it says "coming soon".
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450
Version: 1.19.4

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: To be able to navigate leaderboards while having a running game paused.
Actual Result: Selecting leaderboards takes you to an empty screen with the words "coming soon".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts