Pinball Arcade 12 Days of Christmas 2015

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I'll support at a lower level, but yeah I'm not exactly doing back flips over Dr Who. Very happy for the fans though!

Same here..Definately would have preferred TSPP or even LOTR over Doctor Who any day of the week .
Still can't complain that's for sure

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Think about how well Dr Who will align with the upcoming anniversary of the old series.

Some opportunities for cross-promotion, I would think.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Oh, this one released in 2013?

What other 50th anniversary is there? Remembering the death of JFK that happened the day before Dr Who aired?

Perhaps it's some other 50th anniversary that has nothing to do with Dr Who, as 52nd anniversary doesn't have the same ring.
Something, something Dr Who cross-promotion things.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think I had said it would have been good to tie it in with 50th anniversary, but they missed that boat. Having it at start of season, or even in time with the holiday special would have been acceptable. Instead it's going to happen during hiatus when it's not on anyone's mind? Or at best in time with the DVD release of this season? One of these times FS will learn how to harness cross promotion and timing of events.

invitro

May 4, 2012
One of these times FS will learn how to harness cross promotion and timing of events.
The thing is... promotion costs money, and it's not clear to me that they'd make more money from that kind of promotion than it would cost. Maybe it would... I'm not sure how to tell. I suppose the fraction of the Doctor Who audience that are potential purchasers of its TPA table is vanishingly small. Certainly the BBC wouldn't spend any money on that. I'm curious though if you have anything specific in mind, like a TV commercial for TPA airing during the show?

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I think I had said it would have been good to tie it in with 50th anniversary, but they missed that boat. Having it at start of season, or even in time with the holiday special would have been acceptable. Instead it's going to happen during hiatus when it's not on anyone's mind? Or at best in time with the DVD release of this season? One of these times FS will learn how to harness cross promotion and timing of events.

Quite right SYT, but I'd just add that potentially an approach could have been made to the BBC a while ago in an effort to improve the timing as you point out.

The BBC is really just waking up to commercial possibilities. Shows are made now that are clearly designed for commercial television and for export particularly to the US, but I feel this is still in its infancy. Other digital markets outside of DVD and Blu Ray haven't been tapped and as far as Pin tables are concerned, I doubt wether the current breed of management have such properties and markets on their horizon at all.

I would suggest the BBC are now looking intensely at additional revenue streams as they have a huge hole in their finances after the Top Gear saga. This KS could be seen as the BBC dipping its toe into an entirely new market. Maybe we'll see the cost reflected on the cheaper side rather be seen as extortionate.

Hopefully it will be a huge success.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Quite right SYT, but I'd just add that potentially an approach could have been made to the BBC a while ago in an effort to improve the timing as you point out.

The BBC is really just waking up to commercial possibilities. Shows are made now that are clearly designed for commercial television and for export particularly to the US, but I feel this is still in its infancy. Other digital markets outside of DVD and Blu Ray haven't been tapped and as far as Pin tables are concerned, I doubt wether the current breed of management have such properties and markets on their horizon at all.

I would suggest the BBC are now looking intensely at additional revenue streams as they have a huge hole in their finances after the Top Gear saga. This KS could be seen as the BBC dipping its toe into an entirely new market. Maybe we'll see the cost reflected on the cheaper side rather be seen as extortionate.

Hopefully it will be a huge success.
____
Yea...I remember reading (in the BBC website) that they were (are) presently looking into a good deal of future propaganda for America/British 'get togethers'.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts