Pinball Arcade 12 Days of Christmas 2015

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I think it would be wise for FS to at least approach the BBC about running a story about the KS. It can't hurt.

Trouble with this Eldar, although you're on the ball, BBC management currently wouldn't see the potential. I fear they would just turn their noses up at anything resembling an advert. An editorial is an entirely different proposition though....

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The thing is... promotion costs money, and it's not clear to me that they'd make more money from that kind of promotion than it would cost. Maybe it would... I'm not sure how to tell. I suppose the fraction of the Doctor Who audience that are potential purchasers of its TPA table is vanishingly small. Certainly the BBC wouldn't spend any money on that. I'm curious though if you have anything specific in mind, like a TV commercial for TPA airing during the show?

I'm not talking about a proper commercial or anything. I'm talking about striking while there is a conversation in the air, when something can ride the wave of grassroots efforts. For instance, IF we were to get WCS '94 as a table, the absolute peak time to release it or in this instance do a kickstarter campaign would be DURING the actual World Cup. That way you could attach meta data for search fields and anyone that Googles World Cup might come across a listing. People having natural conversations about the even might drop in a little "oh hey have you heard, there's this table too...".

You simply maximize the timing to reach your potential. You don't release a Christmas movie over 4th of July weekend. You release when something is still on people's minds.

Trouble with this Eldar, although you're on the ball, BBC management currently wouldn't see the potential. I fear they would just turn their noses up at anything resembling an advert. An editorial is an entirely different proposition though....

I mentioned it before, and I'll say all I can really say again. Conversations were had with the BBC. They were very receptive to working with FarSight.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I mentioned it before, and I'll say all I can really say again. Conversations were had with the BBC. They were very receptive to working with FarSight.

I assume you have something lined up with Bobby or A.N.Other for the podcast. For greatest impact, when the KS launches? I know you're asking all the right questions and I know whatever NDA you've been asked to sign is preventing you from saying anything else ....

invitro

May 4, 2012
At the very least we'll have Mike Lindsey come onto the podcast and talk to us, yes.

I think some other posters have said that this and other Christmas news seems to indicate that Season 6 is a go, and that seems logical to me. It might be nice to see if Lindsey can confirm this :).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.