Pro Pinball

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
What do people think about the duration of the Kickstarter? Wouldn't it make sense to go for a 2 month session rather than 1 month period. It will take time to spread the word to as many of the million+ people that bought the original tables in the 90s.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What do people think about the duration of the Kickstarter? Wouldn't it make sense to go for a 2 month session rather than 1 month period. It will take time to spread the word to as many of the million+ people that bought the original tables in the 90s.
Kickstarter itself recommends a 30-day or 45-day window. Shorter than that and there's not enough time for people to notice the project; longer than that and it becomes "yesterday's news". That and as FarSight's two projects showed, the first three days and the final run-up to the goal are really the only days that matter.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Was having an absolute riot on Timeshock on the PC last night, love the flipper physics, drop catches and cradle separations both possible!

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Timeshock is my favorite pin. Yes, I enjoy it more than even real pinball. I still have a PS2 that will play it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Was having an absolute riot on Timeshock on the PC last night, love the flipper physics, drop catches and cradle separations both possible!

It's very impressive that they pretty much nailed it 18 years ago by themselves with no input from fan forums, etc. That is why I am excited to see what they can do now - I noticed the publisher they have teamed up with is owned by one of the original Pro pinball devs so that means it will be Adrian plus another of the original devs who will have input on this. Can't get better than that :)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Is Fantastic Journey any good?

And does anyone know how to configure the Pro Pinball series so I can use my Xbox pad?

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
They are all excellent. Really, really excellent. My rankings would differ from most, however. Mine goes (highest to lowest):

1) The Web - the least-advanced technologically but the best table, IMHO.
2) Big Race USA - the best combo of table + technology
3) Timeshock
4) Fantastic Journey - for me, this one is a distant fourth behind the other three

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
They are all excellent. Really, really excellent. My rankings would differ from most, however. Mine goes (highest to lowest):

1) The Web - the least-advanced technologically but the best table, IMHO.
2) Big Race USA - the best combo of table + technology
3) Timeshock
4) Fantastic Journey - for me, this one is a distant fourth behind the other three

I loved (and still love) them all, but The Web is something special because I remember I used to play The Epic Pinballs, Pinball Illusions, etc, and when I saw The Web for the first time it was like Video Pinball had time travelled 10 years into the future. It really was like having a real pinball machine in those days.

Sloopy_DE

Mar 15, 2012

And does anyone know how to configure the Pro Pinball series so I can use my Xbox pad?

You don't need any additional tools, just go into the controls configuration, goto change controls and press the buttons on your pad instead of any key on the keyboard. Does not work with any analogue input on the pad but with any digital button... Works with TS, BRUSA and FJ on my side.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
You don't need any additional tools, just go into the controls configuration, goto change controls and press the buttons on your pad instead of any key on the keyboard. Does not work with any analogue input on the pad but with any digital button... Works with TS, BRUSA and FJ on my side.

Doesn't work for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts