Pro Pinball

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
I saw it do the exact same thing on my mates Sony Experia when he tried the same idea.

I never had a problem with FPSE but got this recommended...

Compatibility and performance are vastly improved with EPSXE.
And it fixed the ghosting issue with my mates Experia.
Nice tip Francis!

Downloaded EPSXE and tried to work The Web on it but the app just crashes after the loading screen.

Did get Big Race USA to work although the ball does have some flickr problems.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm sorry to seem like a Debbie Downer but the PS versions just seem to me like a complete waste. I mean Pro Pinball at 320x240 (no matter how much it's filtered to look sharper) was great playing on my TV in 1998, but after playing it on a PC...just couldn't stomach it.

My personal favorite key config for Pro Pinball (and subsequently all other pinball games on pc without any analog nudging):

F - J > Left and Right Flippers
Space > Nudge Up
G - H > Nudge Right/Left (As in push table to the right/left)
1 > Start
Enter > Plunge

R - U > Left/Right Magnosave (where applicable)

Just rest your hands comfortably on homerow and enjoy quick access to everything

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I loved (and still love) them all, but The Web is something special because I remember I used to play The Epic Pinballs, Pinball Illusions, etc, and when I saw The Web for the first time it was like Video Pinball had time travelled 10 years into the future. It really was like having a real pinball machine in those days.

I agree with you, plus the fantastic CD soundtrack to The Web (the only one I have played). Unfortunatley I can't locate my PC copy for it. Think I might have sold it :S
The high score / end game music still is EPIC today (at around 9:18 in the video below) :)

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just broke 3 billion on Timeshock. I wonder if I'll do better on the remastered game?

554089_509318999116052_1253091333_n.jpg

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
This just posted on their facebook :)

1,000 likes! Thank you!

As a thank you for your patience whilst waiting for the new Kickstarter, here's a work in progress shot of Pro Pinball: Timeshock! - The ULTRA Edition. This shot has all the ambient light turned off (you'll be able to do this in the final game too), which shows off the lamps and general illumination to the max.

Hope you like it!

577512_548977461808851_1372161871_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pro.pinball

Jul 2, 2012
If TPA was pre-rendered to look like that, I would gladly accept not being able to dynamically change the camera angles. The quality in that shot is really something, it looks like a photograph.

night

May 18, 2012
If TPA was pre-rendered to look like that, I would gladly accept not being able to dynamically change the camera angles. The quality in that shot is really something, it looks like a photograph.

+10 Nothing beats pre-rendered. On the other hand, the new pinball App 'Zaccaria' shows a more advanced graphics quality compared to TPA in my opinion, and it's dynamic as well. Zaccaria pinball graphics look more sophisticated and as a bonus they have a great 'night mode'. (Even the electric lights do flicker a little..!) It all boils down who is behind the graphics, if the person is talented and how far he/they are willing to push it.

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Holy cow, that looks awesome. Every time I look at Pro Pinball - the versions already released or screenshots of the new one - I find myself wishing that TPA had gone pre-rendered. I just don't see "oooh, I can select a bunch of camera angles" as being enough of a draw to justify dynamic 3D when compared to the obvious gains in graphic quality from using pre-rendered.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This just posted on their facebook :)

1,000 likes! Thank you!

As a thank you for your patience whilst waiting for the new Kickstarter, here's a work in progress shot of Pro Pinball: Timeshock! - The ULTRA Edition. This shot has all the ambient light turned off (you'll be able to do this in the final game too), which shows off the lamps and general illumination to the max.

Hope you like it!

577512_548977461808851_1372161871_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pro.pinball

Absolutely stunning!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Daaaaaammmmmmn! Now THAT'S a lighting job!

(Excuse me while I go eat crow for my previous comments on prerendered lighting.)

Members online

Members online