Pro Pinball

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
it looks like Kickstarter has changed their pledge authorization process since I last pledged in the T2 kickstarter. Wonder if there is any correlation :-/
It's because this project is not based in the United States. American projects go through Amazon, international projects are handled by Kickstarter itself.

I also will have to remind myself later that the tiers are denominated in British pounds, not dollars...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sumez, we've gone over this countless times, probably in this thread and in others. The way Pro Pinball is displayed, and the way The Pinball Arcade is displayed are totally different. TPA is a 3D game, rendered on the fly. Pro Pinball is rendered in certain views, and displayed as pixels. There are pros and cons to doing it either way.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I didn't realize. I know the old Pro Pinball is a 2D game, but this demonstration looked 3D to me. :\ Obviously it's a static view, I see.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Did I understand the devguy's words in the video the right way? "Help us to release this game early"? More or less or something? Because that is what he's saying between the lines, meaning that "Timeshock - The Ultra Edition" is coming either way, Kickstarter or not. Or am I just parsing and reading things into it that aren't there?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Went for the "You'll get every game on every platform" version, which was surprisingly cheap - a steal, really.

I just don't know what I'm going to do should I want to do other kickstarters for other stuff they have...

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
I want very much for this to succeed, but I’m kinda hoping that they don't sell anything at the £2,500 tier. They're seriously gonna put 5-8 names on the playfield? That sounds awful.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Much I like to see this succeed, but I might hold off on pledging if this KS is more of a priority thing than a 'HELP US PLZ!' kind of thing. Not to mention the KS is already 1/3 done on the first day; I doubt this thing will struggle as much as the TPA T2 project.

...and I already have Timeshock. (Don't get me wrong, I do want to get the Ultra Edition, but I can just as well buy it when it is out.)

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If they're that far along in the development, why don't they just finish it, release it, and start making money from it the old fashioned way? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Pro Pinball (I've been playing Timeshock since it first came out in the late 90’s), but I'm a bit confused as to why a Kickstarter is necessary for one unlicensed table, especially when it appears that they've already done a ton of work on it.

They seem to have the graphics assets down but there is still a long way to go:

As per their KS Page

Where will the money go?

We've made good progress already, but there is still much needed to complete the game on all four platforms, such as:

A brand new state of the art physics engine with new balls and flippers (the classic physics engine will still be an option for those who prefer it)
A beautiful new front-end and menu system for all platforms
Further graphics engine enhancements, such as motion blurred flippers
Support for pinball cabinets, including multiple displays
Improvements and tweaks to the game rules, including a few new surprises!
Dot Matrix Display improvements
New hardware to render super high-resolution photo realistic images with multiple viewing angles

I like that they are including the old physics engine as, though Timeshock was revolutionary at the time, Big Race USA and FJ show it up handily, and I'm sure they can do much better. I will certainly be backing this. And this time at better than the lowest tier.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts