Pro Pinball

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I still dont quite understand why they need a kickstarter. Not a moaner, but i just dont get it.

And what i like to know, they talk aout needing 40k to make this priority. So, something else is their priority now, but what is it? A game?

I might be wrong, but that i think that should be a quality product too. Anybody knows?

night

May 18, 2012
I still dont quite understand why they need a kickstarter. Not a moaner, but i just dont get it.

And what i like to know, they talk aout needing 40k to make this priority. So, something else is their priority now, but what is it? A game?

I might be wrong, but that i think that should be a quality product too. Anybody knows?

I feel the same, and as much I do love what I see now and what Pro Pinball was in the past, I just don't get it. They also need equipment to make the renderings.. Well, with what are you rendering now then? These days you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to buy a fast computer than can do these renderings. I work on a mac pro which is a few yeard old and capable of doing all the 3D wizzard stuff and more. (I do this all the time). Just release the damn Timeshock and go from there. As far as these vids and screenshots tell, this game seems to be about half finished already.. 40.000 pounds for ressurecting a 90ties pinball game, I don't know. But all good to them, I will certainly buy it for the iPad and OSX.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I feel the same, and as much I do love what I see now and what Pro Pinball was in the past, I just don't get it. They also need equipment to make the renderings.. Well, with what are you rendering now then? These days you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to buy a fast computer than can do these renderings. I work on a mac pro which is a few yeard old and capable of doing all the 3D wizzard stuff and more. (I do this all the time). Just release the damn Timeshock and go from there. As far as these vids and screenshots tell, this game seems to be about half finished already..
40.000 pounds for ressurecting a pinball game, I don't know. But all good to them, I will certainly buy it for the iPad and OSX.

Agreed. If they end up trying to do a kickstarter for every table, that's really going to put me off.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I think you'll enjoy The Web more than ever before. It really needs work after 2 decades. Still plays great, but you get the point. (45 billion on that game; that's how I came up with my username :D )

For the subforum, they'll put it up after the Kickstarter succeeds.
The Web is the one I want most. It's the only one that only looks "good" on a modern machine where the other three all still look fantastic.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Since my real word skillz didn't really exist yet, The Web was what taught me that "modes/missions" existed in pinball. Sure, its layout is like a mirrored STTNG, but in real life, I could never keep that game going for more than 30 seconds to figure out the cool stuff.

Ah, The Web on Sega Saturn. You never forget your first...wizard mode.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Since my real word skillz didn't really exist yet, The Web was what taught me that "modes/missions" existed in pinball. Sure, its layout is like a mirrored STTNG, but in real life, I could never keep that game going for more than 30 seconds to figure out the cool stuff.

Ah, The Web on Sega Saturn. You never forget your first...wizard mode.
The Web on Sega Saturn, using the NiGHTS controller - console pinball at its absolute finest. Loved that game to death.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I think with all the 3D toys and such that they knew they'd have to replicate for TPA, 2D would have run into a lot of complications. 3D gave them a lot more flexibility.

night

May 18, 2012
I kinda do too, but if they can pull off a completely blacked out game on the PS4, I'll eat my words. I have my doubts though.

If they would have gone the pre-rendered route all platforms would have the same mindblowing quality. Most of what we see is high quality rendering pictures. I never understood the urge for dynamic 3D, the constant hovering of a camera over the playfield is something that I find just highly anoying. I always play with the cam locked in one view.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
After watching that for a few times, and still having to drag my jaw off the ground, I did notice that this incredible display was on a whopping big flat screen (read console not mobile).

But stone the flamin' crows, even half this on a mobile platform would require me to install a pretty good screen protector on my tablet. For it be covered in drool about now...

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
If they would have gone the pre-rendered route all platforms would have the same mindblowing quality. Most of what we see is high quality rendering pictures. I never understood the urge for dynamic 3D, the constant hovering of a camera over the playfield is something that I find just highly anoying. I always play with the cam locked in one view.

Well, pre-rendered tables take a lot more time to do and are more costly too, so if farsight would have done this, we would probably be at 6 tables released and they may all have been minimum 5 bucks each which in the mobile world, isn't the best way to go financially. Not saying that's a bad thing but may not be the best way for a multi platform company to go.

N

netizen

oh boy it's the pre-rendered vs real-time argument
Is it that time of year again?

night

May 18, 2012
oh boy it's the pre-rendered vs real-time argument
Is it that time of year again?

Yeah, it's in the air. C'mon, if there was a choice I'll bet 99% would go for the pre-rendered look. You can't tell me people love that dynamic camera action so much. The pro pinball shots and the playboy calender are a wet dream.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.