Pro Pinball

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Please hep me out here....why do they need a kickstarter for this? Maybe I just don't understand kickstarter, but how about this: make the game, then I buy the game. where does kickstarter fit in?
The devs want to be able to eat while they make the game. Somebody's gotta put up $$$ for the development to actually occur. Right now they have no publisher or large development company willing to do that, so they're asking the public to do it via Kickstarter.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
It's a shame that most kickstarters don't offer a real return on investment. It's always t-shirts etc..
That's nice for humanitarian projects, but businesses should also give something back if their proposal turns out to be successful.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You're not an investor in the company, so you don't get a return. If you have mad cash to toss around, contact them and tell them you'd like to become an investor and get profits.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
You're not an investor in the company, so you don't get a return. If you have mad cash to toss around, contact them and tell them you'd like to become an investor and get profits.

ETA: (I think they use Kickstarter because they can't find a 'regular' investor.)

Yes, that's my point. If they want my money for a high risk project that VCs and Banks reject, it would be nice of them to give back a little if the project turns out to be successful. It could also mobilize much more capital.
But I am not a lawyer and there could be legal hurdles that forbid this special kind of crowd funding/investment. None the less, it would probably attract much more money than the t-shirt scheme.

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Wikipedia says:

People cannot invest in Kickstarter projects to make money. They can only back projects in exchange for a tangible reward or one-of-a-kind experience, like a personal note of thanks, custom T-shirts, dinner with an author, or initial production run of a new product.

So I'm technically wrong. :eek:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Checked their Facebook page. Look in the comments.

"Due to another pinball Kickstarter currently running, we've taken the decision to push back our launch a few days. It won't be long now though. We had planned to launch in the first half of July, but to avoid competing with Pinball Arcade it will be a bit later now."

So that's what it was. If they started earlier while T2 was still fresh, they'd fail.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I still dont quite understand that kickstarting thing.

A few posts above i see the pc version is ready. So, why do they need a kickstarter then if the game is ready?

Some one said they need to eat, but aint selling your product your income? Bring put the game, sell it and there you go, you can eat.

For a license i understand. But what is the reason for this one?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

A few posts above i see the pc version is ready. So, why do they need a kickstarter then if the game is ready?

Some one said they need to eat, but aint selling your product your income? Bring put the game, sell it and there you go, you can eat.

For a license i understand. But what is the reason for this one?

The reason for last years Pro Pinball Kickstarter unfortunately turned out to be an attempt to try to bail out his failing company, as they declared bankruptcy shortly after its fail.

I have to agree with you, they should develop then sell to market, but this KS system is now available.

End of the day - I'd love Pro Pinball for Android Tablet, so even though I'm not a Kickstarter fan (I don't beg in the street for change - I work and earn my living) I will back this as it might be the only way it gets done.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
It's not necessarily a bad thing to run their kickstarter at the same time as TPA's. It's still two different products though, and I bet if FS ran both a T2 and TAF kickstarter at the same time, most casual supporters that supported one, would also support the other. If the T2 Kickstarter gets people attention for video pinball, Pro Pinball could make use of that.
In a perfect world FS would give them some free advertisement through their kickstarter, but I guess they are technically still competitors. :)

Sloopy_DE

Mar 15, 2012

A few posts above i see the pc version is ready. So, why do they need a kickstarter then if the game is ready? ...

There is NO version ready! Some posts above someone only mentioned, that the PC and MAC versions of the Lighting Demo are available!

night

May 18, 2012
It's the old 90ties version for PC and Mac (no OSX) that are still around. But they want to make this happen for the mobiles. And also plans to release new tables. Well, I have yet to see it happen.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Its vapour as things stand im surpised this threads still going

Remember nobodies seen the game in action just a few screenshots.

N

netizen

Its vapour as things stand im surpised this threads still going

Remember nobodies seen the game in action just a few screenshots.

But, But, But

They let us see those neat alpha flashers over a pre rendered picture. What amazing technology. OH and sliders to control "Lighting"

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It's the old 90ties version for PC and Mac (no OSX) that are still around. But they want to make this happen for the mobiles. And also plans to release new tables. Well, I have yet to see it happen.

The old versions also only ran up to something like 1600x1200 or so. Unfortunately, these days, you can find laptops with higher resolution screens (1920x1200 is not uncommon, but neither is 2560x1440 and other way high resolutions).

So they want to scale up the art as well.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I think the kickstarter is very near. Silverball Studios have logged in on kickstarter yesterday/today the first time since june.

karl

May 10, 2012
It's a damn shame my bank account is close to zero at the moment. I put down way more than first expected into T2 :-(

I really hope they will make it this time. I'll help with what I can but probably not as much as I would like. The last Pro pinball kickstarter had some awesome awards too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.