PS3 Version 2.10 Feedback & Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Uh guys both BK and FP are emulated now and BK finally has GI so that is a positive step for me. So far I have not witnessed any bugs yet. I have played these tables before many times on VP. I only play on camera angle 1, so perhaps the cam bugs have something to do with changin table angles? And honestly do we really need 3D? I can see that as fouling up a lot of tables. There kisn't a sufficient amount of people that have 3D Tvs to worry about such frivolity. So thank you FS for the massive improvements to Black Knight (and emulation) and keep up the good work. There will always be bugs in ganes that is a proven fact. I am just happy to be able to play a nice rendition of Dr.Dude for once. :)

Black Knight is in the process of being tuned with the new ROM emulation, but it has yet to be released on any platform or device. Also, FarSight has yet begin the process of converting Firepower over to full ROM emulation.

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
Black Knight is in the process of being tuned with the new ROM emulation, but it has yet to be released on any platform or device. Also, FarSight has yet begin the process of converting Firepower over to full ROM emulation.
I hope when these are released the 'ball/player' display is moved up to the top with the score rather than right at the bottom.
(It's only these 2 tables that have different displays)

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
3 out of my 5 Firepower games stopped dead after the final ball drained. The whole thing went mute, I couldn't type in initials for my highscore, no score was being sumitted to the leaderboards. All I could do was exit through the menu. And let me repeat it again, 3 out of 5 games! So it can't be that much of an obscure bug.

For heaven's sake, Farsight.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Uh guys both BK and FP are emulated now and BK finally has GI so that is a positive step for me. So far I have not witnessed any bugs yet. I have played these tables before many times on VP. I only play on camera angle 1, so perhaps the cam bugs have something to do with changin table angles? And honestly do we really need 3D? I can see that as fouling up a lot of tables. There kisn't a sufficient amount of people that have 3D Tvs to worry about such frivolity. So thank you FS for the massive improvements to Black Knight (and emulation) and keep up the good work. There will always be bugs in ganes that is a proven fact. I am just happy to be able to play a nice rendition of Dr.Dude for once. :)

Where are you getting this information?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
3 out of my 5 Firepower games stopped dead after the final ball drained. The whole thing went mute, I couldn't type in initials for my highscore, no score was being sumitted to the leaderboards. All I could do was exit through the menu. And let me repeat it again, 3 out of 5 games! So it can't be that much of an obscure bug.

It isn't. It's because you went through multiball and ended with another ball locked. Try tilting.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I only play on camera angle 1, so perhaps the cam bugs have something to do with changin table angles?

No, they have to do with turning the "Multiball camera" option off, which most of us did because it used to be very annoying.

Apr 8, 2012

I played the table for an hour last night. I experienced this bug and I also got a camera bug. I was switching camera views while the ball was being plunged and I was stuck in the plunger camera once the ball was in play. I couldn't fix it until I drained and plunged a new ball.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Well on the PS3 browser I cannot add a qoute, BK does have GI now and has full sound that's why I thought it was emulated. Firepower I though the same thing. These early systems are not hard to emulate. So sorry if I jumped the gun because I heard sound effects and such on BK. Did you guys use .wav files or something? That's one way on the PC when we didn't have the full rom dump for certain rarer tables like Zaccaria's Robot for instance. Somehow the author got a hold of the sound and sound effects and implemented them that way.
All I was really trying to say was good job FS. That's all.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012

+1

This one is completely unacceptable Farsight.

Last edited:

RevenantUK

Apr 20, 2013
BTW folks.... I didn't start this thread.. it's a continuation of the 1.03 thread below it and for some reason it ended up like this. Don't ask as I didn't do anything wrong... It's probably PIN WIZ getting me back for not uploading PS3 Firepower video as planned. will do first thing in morning when library opens ;)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I played the table for an hour last night. I experienced this bug and I also got a camera bug. I was switching camera views while the ball was being plunged and I was stuck in the plunger camera once the ball was in play. I couldn't fix it until I drained and plunged a new ball.

That happens on a lot of tables unless you go into the game's options and set "Multiball Camera" back to "ON."

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Well on the PS3 browser I cannot add a qoute, BK does have GI now and has full sound that's why I thought it was emulated. Firepower I though the same thing. These early systems are not hard to emulate. So sorry if I jumped the gun because I heard sound effects and such on BK. Did you guys use .wav files or something? That's one way on the PC when we didn't have the full rom dump for certain rarer tables like Zaccaria's Robot for instance. Somehow the author got a hold of the sound and sound effects and implemented them that way.

Pretty sure it is 100% the same as it's always been on ps3.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
And honestly do we really need 3D? I can see that as fouling up a lot of tables. There kisn't a sufficient amount of people that have 3D Tvs to worry about such frivolity. So thank you FS for the massive improvements to Black Knight (and emulation) and keep up the good work. There will always be bugs in ganes that is a proven fact. I am just happy to be able to play a nice rendition of Dr.Dude for once. :)

Do we really need 3D? No.. Do we want it YES.
It won't foul up anything. You can turn it on/off as you like.

Speaking of 3D, wasn't it supposed to be added to this update? I remember Farsight showing it off a month or two ago and saying it would be in an upcoming update.

Zen use to have nudge with the motion controller and it was pretty useless. You practically had to throw the controller across the room to get it to nudge.

Yes, but ZEN's nudging is pretty useless in general. It would be a lot more useful in TPA.

Aside from the weak bumpers and camera bugs, I'm enjoying Firepower. I forgot how great the sound effects are in this game...especially for fans of Robotron and Defender :)

I wish Black Knight could get a proper fix. The graphics and glitches in that game do it no justice at all.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Do we really need 3D? No.. Do we want it YES.
It won't foul up anything. You can turn it on/off as you like.

Speaking of 3D, wasn't it supposed to be added to this update? I remember Farsight showing it off a month or two ago and saying it would be in an upcoming update.

Yes, but ZEN's nudging is pretty useless in general. It would be a lot more useful in TPA.

Aside from the weak bumpers and camera bugs, I'm enjoying Firepower. I forgot how great the sound effects are in this game...especially for fans of Robotron and Defender :)

I wish Black Knight could get a proper fix. The graphics and glitches in that game do it no justice at all.

They said this update or the next but they were saying that when the show demo of the 3D wasn't a finished product yet so things could change.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

They pull the sounds directly off the board. Even when not emulated they still have the table and board.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Sorry if old but Cactus Canyon and Central Park are listed on the leaderboards. Next week for these hopefully. So hyped for CC.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Interesting. Did you by chance have balls locked when you ended the previous games?

And do you have the "Multiball camera" option set to "Off"? If so, try turning it on--that tends to fix other stuck-camera problems.

No. No balls locked and the settings were set to default. It was on the second game I played.

They said this update or the next but they were saying that when the show demo of the 3D wasn't a finished product yet so things could change.

Do you remember where they said that? Also, did they give more detail on how the 3D is being implemented? I wonder if they are spending time on each table to maximize the effect or if they are just running all the tables through a 3D renderer.

I assume they aren't charging for this or making it part of Pro Mode. I want to check out some of the tables in 3D, but I don't think I'd pay for it.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I wonder if they are spending time on each table to maximize the effect or if they are just running all the tables through a 3D renderer.

Not that I think there's any real chance they'll change the tables for this or any reason, but I see a lot of people assuming this will happen. What exactly would they change in the tables to "maximize the effect"? Camera angles?

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Why should they change the tables? Isn't it just a matter of rendering?

Btw, I have tried BK and can't see a difference. This 2-stage flipper is annoying as ever on that table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts