Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
We're wandering seriously far afield...let's gently steer a course back to pinball, please...or at least back to liquorice!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
licorice or liquorice

which one is flavoured with anise?

Both. Two different spellings for the same word. Like color and colour. Almost no licorice candy or products contain licorice except for things like licorice root capsules purchased at the vitamin store.

This statement is only true in the US. Much of the licorice candy in Europe contains licorice. I don't know about Canada. In the US the largest use of licorice is as an additive to tobacco products.

Last edited:

PHDrawde

Sep 20, 2013
Reading this earlier today gave me a craving for licorice but when I went to the grocery store to buy some I discovered they don't carry it because hardly anyone ever buys it. :( Will have to look harder tomorrow.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Both. Two different spellings for the same word. Like color and colour. Almost no licorice candy or products contain licorice except for things like licorice root capsules purchased at the vitamin store.

This statement is only true in the US. Much of the licorice candy in Europe contains licorice. I don't know about Canada. In the US the largest use of licorice is as an additive to tobacco products.
So if one lives in the US, where do I get real Liquorice candy?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
What about a cup of liquorice tea?
th020.gif

That just sounds wrong!

Anyways,Twizzlers are one of my favorite snacks...

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
This is kindof sad news... First they go with the one-table-per-pack model, then they decide to remove season packs. At the end of Season 2, I had a feeling that Farsight was swirling the toilet, while still cautiously optimistic about what tables we'd see in Season 3. Now I think they've really gone and screwed the pooch. I know some of you guys really like Fish Tales and Black Rose, and I'll admit, I like the sounds on BK2000... but effectively doubling the price on (especially) the mobile platforms, and taking away the season packs are really going to hurt in the long run. TPA already has a bad reputation on Steam and the Android Market because people view it as a bait-and-switch due to the purchase model.

That said, I didn't get to purchase Season 3, and I'm not sure I would have yet, even if I still could. $5/month doesn't sound like a lot, but I like to buy the packs because you don't have to worry about plunking down the cash every month.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
This is kindof sad news... First they go with the one-table-per-pack model, then they decide to remove season packs. At the end of Season 2, I had a feeling that Farsight was swirling the toilet, while still cautiously optimistic about what tables we'd see in Season 3. Now I think they've really gone and screwed the pooch. I know some of you guys really like Fish Tales and Black Rose, and I'll admit, I like the sounds on BK2000... but effectively doubling the price on (especially) the mobile platforms, and taking away the season packs are really going to hurt in the long run. TPA already has a bad reputation on Steam and the Android Market because people view it as a bait-and-switch due to the purchase model.

That said, I didn't get to purchase Season 3, and I'm not sure I would have yet, even if I still could. $5/month doesn't sound like a lot, but I like to buy the packs because you don't have to worry about plunking down the cash every month.

How is FarSight supposed to be doing a bait and switch with TPA?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Don't ask me, I'm not the one making those statements on the Steam discussion forum and the Android market. Feel free to look for yourself.

But you're the one spreading the rumor here. The way the online stores are setup it is impossible for a company to do a bait and switch gambit.

N

netizen

Don't ask me, I'm not the one making those statements on the Steam discussion forum and the Android market. Feel free to look for yourself.

There hasn't been a mention of "Bait and Switch" since the whole F2P panty twisting back in November. IDK what you're talking about. I just searched the steam forums for TPA

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
There hasn't been a mention of "Bait and Switch" since the whole F2P panty twisting back in November. IDK what you're talking about. I just searched the steam forums for TPA

Maybe they went away. It used to be really bad there. Because the game itself is free, but the tables aren't, it gave them something to complain about.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I have a candy store near me that sells something called "Australian licorice". it's short thick pieces of licorice with a stronger flavor than a Twizzler. Really very good. I also love those little licorice pipes. They are kind of hard to find now, but I used to get them all the time as a kid and pretend I was smoking.

night

May 18, 2012
They are kind of hard to find now, but I used to get them all the time as a kid and pretend I was smoking.

As a kid we had these chocolate cigarets, they looked very real in their package and all, but when you took the paper off it was chocolate :D

choc_cigs2.jpg

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
As a kid we had these chocolate cigarets, they looked very real in their package and all, but when you took the paper off it was chocolate :D

choc_cigs2.jpg
Nice. Teach kids to smoke and ride the gravvy train for the next 40 years until they die of lung cancer. What do you say? Victim? Nonsense, he chose to do it. :cool:

night

May 18, 2012
Yeah, but this was the 70s, everybody and his brother smoked in those days.
BTW, it never made me smoke a real cigarette!

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
TPA already has a bad reputation on Steam and the Android Market because people view it as a bait-and-switch due to the purchase model.

I don't see how anyone could view the IAP on Pinball Arcade as a "bait-and-switch" unless they didn't understand the meaning of that expression. People who paid for the season 3 pass are getting it - nobody is getting ripped off here. The paid content proposition in this game is far better than most applications: you pay five bucks you get to play a new game; optionally you can pay more for further game tweaks if you want or ball skins and that's it.

And you'll forgive me doubting anecdotal reports on their "bad reputation" - I'd say the company had already failed based upon Facebook comments, but clearly that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts