• AC/DC

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 17 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Sure, you can dig through the FB page (Or on here) and find all the responses there yourself. I've quoted them, many times, in these pointless little debates that people love to have.

Again, only 13/50 tables already in TPA are from 1984 and under. I think that speaks for itself.

Well,forgive my math,but that would mean that at least 25% of the tables in TPA are from 1984 & older. I don't think that's bad at all. It certainly seems like a good ratio to me. And I personally believe there are still some gems left from before the mid-80s that would fit well in TPA. Just because a table has a DMD doesn't automatically make it a good game.

And if the "little" debates are pointless - then why do you keep doing it? One of the cool things that I like about this forum is the debating - as long as it doesn't dissolve into name calling and whatnot. People can disagree & still be civil about it - at least here they can, where we have some good moderators to keep watch over things so they don't get out of hand.

As an example - I check out the forum here as well as TPAs FB page on a daily basis. So I see who's talking (and requesting) pinball and specifically what they are talking about. Let's take two "horror" tables as our examples.

1: Bram Stoker's Dracula. iMO - This is a table that has a lot going on,and a lot of love for it. It's done well in the polls here,ranked fairly high on both IPDB & Pinside,gets many different requests on FB, and has been strongly been hinted at by the TPA FB reps as a strong possibility for a future table. While there is a movie license attached to it - the story that it's based on doesn't need one. Put all of those together - and we will be playing BSD by Halloween in TPA.

2: Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street. IMO - nowhere near as much fun to play as BSD. It's ranked much lower at both IPDB & especially Pinside (currently #216,with a slew of mid-80s and before tables ranked higher ahead of it). Freddy didn't do well in the forum polls that PIN WIZ ran last year. (Click here to see that poll...)

As you can see - it didn't finish in the top ten (it placed #13th by my count) Also,unlike BSD - it does have a full set of licenses attached to it,making it less feasible for FS to make. Finally, from what I see on the FB page - there is one person who loves the table and wants it badly in TPA. Which is fine - but that doesn't make it a highly requested table. Add all of that together - and it is highly doubtful you ever see Freddy in TPA.

So that's one example. Look - in the end - it's still pinball. To me personally,I'm happy with every table so far in TPA.(to varying degrees,of course) Here in RI,there is one place open to the public that has more than three tables - and that place is only open during the summer. So I'm grateful that programs like TPA,VP & FP exist so I can get my pinball fix.

Having said that - to finish on the thread topic here - TSPP is running away with this poll. Personally, I'd rather see The Shadow,Jurassic Park & AC/DC before it. But I'll be happy if any of these get into TPA.

I'd be happier if The Shadow came first though :)

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Well,forgive my math,but that would mean that at least 25% of the tables in TPA are from 1984 & older. I don't think that's bad at all. It certainly seems like a good ratio to me. And I personally believe there are still some gems left from before the mid-80s that would fit well in TPA. Just because a table has a DMD doesn't automatically make it a good game.

I'm not sure how you get 25% out of 100% being "not bad at all"? To me, and I think most people, that's a pretty low percent. Regardless, again, I do agree there are quite a few great early 80's tables out there that need to be done, and that I'd love to see. ("Sorcerer", Xenon", etc just to name a few) The thing is, the number of those most wanted, early 80's table among the general TPA fans are nowhere near as high as the amount of people who want the mid to late 80s- late 90s tables. As much as I agree with you about how DMD doesn't make a great table, it's the DMD tables that the general masses want the most.

And if the "little" debates are pointless - then why do you keep doing it? One of the cool things that I like about this forum is the debating - as long as it doesn't dissolve into name calling and whatnot. People can disagree & still be civil about it - at least here they can, where we have some good moderators to keep watch over things so they don't get out of hand.

Honestly, because some of the things said around here are just flat out ridiculous. From the big debate over why Farsight didn't make EBD over CBW, to the debate over why EM's don't get made, to now this. It's like nobody truly takes into account what Farsight says. I remember people were going on and on about how Farsight only chose CBW over EBD because they ran out of tables on the Williams/Bally deal, even though Farsight, word for word, stated "We chose CBW because we thought it was more fun" and that more people requested it. Even after posting that quote, people were like "No, that's not true!" lol The same goes for the reason why EM's don't get made. I'm not sure how many times Farsight has to keep telling people "They don't sell, they're not that popular" before they finally stop arguing about it. I literally compare this silly stuff to the Climate Control debate. You can show people all the facts in the world, yet they're still going to debate it, which drives me crazy, which is why I continue to participate. lol

I will agree that the Moderation, for the most part, has been improved around here lately. It's nice to be able to have a healthy and even somewhat heated debate without people getting banned.

As an example - I check out the forum here as well as TPAs FB page on a daily basis. So I see who's talking (and requesting) pinball and specifically what they are talking about. Let's take two "horror" tables as our examples.

1: Bram Stoker's Dracula. iMO - This is a table that has a lot going on,and a lot of love for it. It's done well in the polls here,ranked fairly high on both IPDB & Pinside,gets many different requests on FB, and has been strongly been hinted at by the TPA FB reps as a strong possibility for a future table. While there is a movie license attached to it - the story that it's based on doesn't need one. Put all of those together - and we will be playing BSD by Halloween in TPA.

2: Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street. IMO - nowhere near as much fun to play as BSD. It's ranked much lower at both IPDB & especially Pinside (currently #216,with a slew of mid-80s and before tables ranked higher ahead of it). Freddy didn't do well in the forum polls that PIN WIZ ran last year. (Click here to see that poll...)

As you can see - it didn't finish in the top ten (it placed #13th by my count) Also,unlike BSD - it does have a full set of licenses attached to it,making it less feasible for FS to make. Finally, from what I see on the FB page - there is one person who loves the table and wants it badly in TPA. Which is fine - but that doesn't make it a highly requested table. Add all of that together - and it is highly doubtful you ever see Freddy in TPA.

It's funny, I once asked Farsight why "Rescue 911" hasn't been made over choices like "Lights, Camera, Action!", esp when "Rescue 911 is heavily requested? The response I got was basically "We've rarely seen a request for 'Rescue 911'." When I pointed out how great it did in the Gottlieb Top Ten Poll (Ahead of LCA, mind you), and showed them all the endless requests posts for it on the FB page, they were stunned. So, I'm not surprised why you claim only 1 person really wants "Freddy", even though it gets requested on a weekly basis. In fact, Farsight has officially stated on the page that they are aware of all the requests and have started to look into seeing what it would take to acquire it.

I will, however, give you that of course the table is not as fun as something like BSD. First off, it's a Gottlieb table. Secondly, of course it's not going to do great in a Premium Poll against the likes of "Indiana Jones, The Simpsons, Lord Of The Rings, etc etc etc. lol However, your claim that only one person really wants it is just ridiculous. lol The license, all on it's own, will sell. I don't ever recall politicians, actors, or your next door neighbors using references of BSD, as they all do about "A Nightmare On Elm Street" in some sort of way. The character is a world wide famous movie icon, and that stuff sells itself. As for the table, it's one of the very, very few Gottlieb tables that is fun and that a lot of people enjoy. ("Stargate" is another that comes to mind)

So that's one example. Look - in the end - it's still pinball. To me personally,I'm happy with every table so far in TPA.(to varying degrees,of course) Here in RI,there is one place open to the public that has more than three tables - and that place is only open during the summer. So I'm grateful that programs like TPA,VP & FP exist so I can get my pinball fix.

Having said that - to finish on the thread topic here - TSPP is running away with this poll. Personally, I'd rather see The Shadow,Jurassic Park & AC/DC before it. But I'll be happy if any of these get into TPA.

I'd be happier if The Shadow came first though :)

Again, we agree, as I buy every single table they put out, regardless if I like it or not. I'll always support Farsight, and it never hurts to have a variety of tables for friends and family who come over and want to play.

My issue in these debates, have always been, about factual statements. Again, the reason why we don't seen a ton of early 80's tables is because unfortunately they're not anywhere close to being as popular as the mid to late 80s-late 90s tables, and the fact that the majority of the tables already included in TPA are mid to late 80s-late 90s tables speaks for itself. I even recently made a Most Wanted Season 4 table poll, included a wide variety of tables from the early 80s to mid 90s, and the majority of the early 80s tables I have in there haven't been doing so well, and these are tables that everyone here and on the FB are voting for. (Not to mention Farsight has recently said that they ARE keeping an eye on that poll for next season.)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what either one of us say, we'll let Farsight speak for us, just like they did when they chose CBW over EBD, or when they suddenly stopped making EMs.

As for THIS poll, I'm thrilled that TSPP is killing. It's a fun table, a fun license, and I think it would sell like crazy for the company.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'm not sure how you get 25% out of 100% being "not bad at all"? To me, and I think most people, that's a pretty low percent. Regardless, again, I do agree there are quite a few great early 80's tables out there that need to be done, and that I'd love to see. ("Sorcerer", Xenon", etc just to name a few) The thing is, the number of those most wanted, early 80's table among the general TPA fans are nowhere near as high as the amount of people who want the mid to late 80s- late 90s tables. As much as I agree with you about how DMD doesn't make a great table, it's the DMD tables that the general masses want the most.

Let's start with that. I don't see how you can say that 25% is a bad figure. Of course most people nowadays are more familiar with the later pins from the 90's (the DMD era). So it stands to reason that a good portion of TPA tables will come from that time period. But a decent amount of tables from that era are mediocre to downright awful - which is where you can find room for some of the excellent tables from the time before that. So far TPA has done that. With the schedule going down to one table a month - it will certainly be harder to get any older tables in. But it will still happen. Heck,3 tables in Sesson 3 are non-DMD tables. And there are many more good tables that are pre-DMD & have no extra licensing issues that can be had. Season 4 should be an interesting one...

It's funny, I once asked Farsight why "Rescue 911" hasn't been made over choices like "Lights, Camera, Action!", esp when "Rescue 911 is heavily requested? The response I got was basically "We've rarely seen a request for 'Rescue 911'." When I pointed out how great it did in the Gottlieb Top Ten Poll (Ahead of LCA, mind you), and showed them all the endless requests posts for it on the FB page, they were stunned. So, I'm not surprised why you claim only 1 person really wants "Freddy", even though it gets requested on a weekly basis. In fact, Farsight has officially stated on the page that they are aware of all the requests and have started to look into seeing what it would take to acquire it.

Okay - can you,or anyone else for that matter - explain to me how Farsight can be stunned about Rescue 911 (or any other requested table for that matter) when it is posted to their own Facebook page??? That absolutely makes no sense. Anyways...

Because I happen to have some free time on my hands - I decided to go back one month and go through the posts made by others to TPA's FB page. So I looked back - and Rescue 911 had two people ask specifically on its chances for TPA inclusion. (Myself being one of the two). The FS rep replied in both cases,and this is what they said during the last request:

The Pinball Arcade - While popular as far as gottliebs go, it's not particularly popular in comparison to other tables in general, if we ever do make it, it will most likely be after a few we know are a bit more popular in general, we have much bigger tables we'd like to kickstart first.

Which is too bad,because if there is a Gottlieb/Premier table or two still worthy of inclusion into TPA - R911 is most definitely one of them. But I digress...

During the same time period - two requests (with others posting in addition to the original post) were made for the early SS Bally table Fathom. Interestingly enough - I could only find two posts specifically asking about Freddy. One back on June 1st by forum member David Pannozzo (who also did mention Freddy during his question on Rescue 911 - great pic with him & Robert Englund,BTW) - and one on June 20th - to which the TPA FB did reply to,which you have already referenced.

Now,I usually check out the TPA FB page,and I admit - I missed that post. So I freely admit I was wrong about it being highly requested - at least from what the TPA FB rep said.

Having said that - outside of Mike Morse mentioning how he'd rather have Freddy every time someone mentions a table they'd like to see while downing that persons query into whatever table they are asking about doesn't make it a highly weekly requested table.IMO.

Freddy isn't a favorite table of mine,I freely admit. I could come up with twenty tables off the top of my head that I'd rather have in TPA. But I haven't - and won't - crap on the people who do want it.

Having said that - if it does make it in someday - then I'll be happy for the people who really wanted it. And I'm sure I'll buy it as well. (Maybe it'll grow on me like TOTAN did - who knows?)

I will, however, give you that of course the table is not as fun as something like BSD. First off, it's a Gottlieb table. Secondly, of course it's not going to do great in a Premium Poll against the likes of "Indiana Jones, The Simpsons, Lord Of The Rings, etc etc etc. lol However, your claim that only one person really wants it is just ridiculous. lol The license, all on it's own, will sell. I don't ever recall politicians, actors, or your next door neighbors using references of BSD, as they all do about "A Nightmare On Elm Street" in some sort of way. The character is a world wide famous movie icon, and that stuff sells itself. As for the table, it's one of the very, very few Gottlieb tables that is fun and that a lot of people enjoy. ("Stargate" is another that comes to mind)

Well I still don't see the "multiple weekly requests" that you say it gets. As for the popularity of Freddy Krueger & A Nightmare on Elm Street - well it goes without saying that it (and he) is a movie icon - and more popular than the 90s film Brad Stoker's Dracula. Having said that though - the main character from BSD - Dracula - isn't just a movie icon - he is the horror icon in multiple forms on entertainment - not to mention being just as referenced (if not more so) than FK.
(And I hope Stargate gets into TPA someday too)

In the end - I'm just glad there is going to be a TPA Season 4. Hopefully FS can get the bugs worked out,release on the Wii U & Xboxes - and have enough quality pins in S4 to give everyone a table or two that they really want...

karl

May 10, 2012
25% older tables? Yes please! 1/4 is enough for me. No one is saying they are more popular than the new ones. It goes without saying we all understand that. If I can get 1 or 2 a season I am a happy puppy. The important thing is that those who want them speak up. We might not be many but mighty we are ;)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Let's start with that. I don't see how you can say that 25% is a bad figure. Of course most people nowadays are more familiar with the later pins from the 90's (the DMD era). So it stands to reason that a good portion of TPA tables will come from that time period. But a decent amount of tables from that era are mediocre to downright awful - which is where you can find room for some of the excellent tables from the time before that. So far TPA has done that. With the schedule going down to one table a month - it will certainly be harder to get any older tables in. But it will still happen. Heck,3 tables in Sesson 3 are non-DMD tables. And there are many more good tables that are pre-DMD & have no extra licensing issues that can be had. Season 4 should be an interesting one...

Well, let's do the math here:

25 out of 100 is or is not a pretty low percentage?

Thank you.

As for the older tables, I'm sure we'll see "Xenon" or maybe EBD down the line, but as for all these other early 80's tables that a few of you guys keep saying will be made, I think that's more of a pipedream. Again, we'll let Farsight do the talking with what they release.

Okay - can you,or anyone else for that matter - explain to me how Farsight can be stunned about Rescue 911 (or any other requested table for that matter) when it is posted to their own Facebook page??? That absolutely makes no sense. Anyways...

I asked them the same thing, because I too was like "Are you guys blind?!?", but apparently they just never paid that much attention to it, I guess. It's one of the reasons why I keep saying I doubt we'll ever see R911, because if they haven't seen all these requests up until now, then I would assume they couldn't really care that much about the table.

Because I happen to have some free time on my hands - I decided to go back one month and go through the posts made by others to TPA's FB page. So I looked back - and Rescue 911 had two people ask specifically on its chances for TPA inclusion. (Myself being one of the two). The FS rep replied in both cases,and this is what they said during the last request:

The Pinball Arcade - While popular as far as gottliebs go, it's not particularly popular in comparison to other tables in general, if we ever do make it, it will most likely be after a few we know are a bit more popular in general, we have much bigger tables we'd like to kickstart first.

Which is too bad,because if there is a Gottlieb/Premier table or two still worthy of inclusion into TPA - R911 is most definitely one of them. But I digress...

There's been a lot more than just 2 requests, esp in the comment sections of the posts from Farsight. (Any Tournament announcements, announcements of new tables, etc)

Again, I call BS on their part because R911 was rated better than LCA!, yet LCA got made, and I don't EVER recall seeing a single request for it on the FB page, let alone on the forum. Like I said, I think they just don't like the table. I'd say this falls more in line with the EBD issue, with how they thought CBW was more fun. It's a good debate to have, I guess.

During the same time period - two requests (with others posting in addition to the original post) were made for the early SS Bally table Fathom. Interestingly enough - I could only find two posts specifically asking about Freddy. One back on June 1st by forum member David Pannozzo (who also did mention Freddy during his question on Rescue 911 - great pic with him & Robert Englund,BTW) - and one on June 20th - to which the TPA FB did reply to,which you have already referenced.

Now,I usually check out the TPA FB page,and I admit - I missed that post. So I freely admit I was wrong about it being highly requested - at least from what the TPA FB rep said.

Having said that - outside of Mike Morse mentioning how he'd rather have Freddy every time someone mentions a table they'd like to see while downing that persons query into whatever table they are asking about doesn't make it a highly weekly requested table.IMO.

Freddy isn't a favorite table of mine,I freely admit. I could come up with twenty tables off the top of my head that I'd rather have in TPA. But I haven't - and won't - crap on the people who do want it.

Having said that - if it does make it in someday - then I'll be happy for the people who really wanted it. And I'm sure I'll buy it as well. (Maybe it'll grow on me like TOTAN did - who knows?)

Well I still don't see the "multiple weekly requests" that you say it gets. As for the popularity of Freddy Krueger & A Nightmare on Elm Street - well it goes without saying that it (and he) is a movie icon - and more popular than the 90s film Brad Stoker's Dracula. Having said that though - the main character from BSD - Dracula - isn't just a movie icon - he is the horror icon in multiple forms on entertainment - not to mention being just as referenced (if not more so) than FK.
(And I hope Stargate gets into TPA someday too)

In the end - I'm just glad there is going to be a TPA Season 4. Hopefully FS can get the bugs worked out,release on the Wii U & Xboxes - and have enough quality pins in S4 to give everyone a table or two that they really want...

I think people want and love the "Freddy" table because A) It's one of the very, very few GOOD Gottlieb tables, and B) Who doesn't love Freddy the character? Plus, it's a fun table to play, esp in the dark.

Again, the requests for tables are either on the page itself or on announcement posts, like new table announcements, etc. I really don't care if you believe me or not about "Freddy", seeing that they company JUST said they know about all the requests and are going to inquire about getting the table. If only a few people were requesting it, they wouldn't bother with an inquiry. lol

As for this constant complaining about people on FB, just block them. It's pretty simple stuff. I mean, for a guy with a "Nightwing" picture, you sure got some thin skin. I've posted about plenty of tables I'd love to see, on here and on the page, and people trash em all the time. Who cares?

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
25% older tables? Yes please! 1/4 is enough for me. No one is saying they are more popular than the new ones. It goes without saying we all understand that. If I can get 1 or 2 a season I am a happy puppy. The important thing is that those who want them speak up. We might not be many but mighty we are ;)

It may be enough for you, but I'm gonna take a stab here and say it's not enough for the company to invest the money in, which is why we haven't seen many early 80's tables. Again, this is just my opinion.

Regardless, "Xenon" definitely has got my vote. I REALLY want to see that table next season.

I voted for Metallica!!!

Thanks for voting!

karl

May 10, 2012
Only game on the list I do not own myself is JP so I should have voted for that but TSPP got my vote since it's got a real chance to be made. Hmm! Maybe Metallica also has a chance, judging by who just voted, lol. Will non the less be happy with any one of those 5. Could have added LOTR (even if Farsight have said it will be difficult)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I voted for Metallica!!!

If I remember correctly, didn't you say on one of the Twitch feeds that you really loved that table?
Anyways, it's great that you voted!

As for this constant complaining about people on FB, just block them. It's pretty simple stuff. I mean, for a guy with a "Nightwing" picture, you sure got some thin skin. I've posted about plenty of tables I'd love to see, on here and on the page, and people trash em all the time. Who cares?

That's funny, considering who's making that statement. But, It's not worth it -so I'm going to let it go.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I voted AC/DC.
But, honestly, the Simpsons table looks very fun.
I hope it will appear someday.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Support

Honestly, because some of the things said around here are just flat out ridiculous. From the big debate over why Farsight didn't make EBD over CBW, to the debate over why EM's don't get made, to now this. It's like nobody truly takes into account what Farsight says. I remember people were going on and on about how Farsight only chose CBW over EBD because they ran out of tables on the Williams/Bally deal, even though Farsight, word for word, stated "We chose CBW because we thought it was more fun" and that more people requested it. Even after posting that quote, people were like "No, that's not true!" lol The same goes for the reason why EM's don't get made. I'm not sure how many times Farsight has to keep telling people "They don't sell, they're not that popular" before they finally stop arguing about it. I literally compare this silly stuff to the Climate Control debate. You can show people all the facts in the world, yet they're still going to debate it, which drives me crazy, which is why I continue to participate. lol

I will agree that the Moderation, for the most part, has been improved around here lately. It's nice to be able to have a healthy and even somewhat heated debate without people getting banned.

Again, we agree, as I buy every single table they put out, regardless if I like it or not. I'll always support Farsight, and it never hurts to have a variety of tables for friends and family who come over and want to play.

My issue in these debates, have always been, about factual statements. Again, the reason why we don't seen a ton of early 80's tables is because unfortunately they're not anywhere close to being as popular as the mid to late 80s-late 90s tables, and the fact that the majority of the tables already included in TPA are mid to late 80s-late 90s tables speaks for itself. I even recently made a Most Wanted Season 4 table poll, included a wide variety of tables from the early 80s to mid 90s, and the majority of the early 80s tables I have in there haven't been doing so well, and these are tables that everyone here and on the FB are voting for. (Not to mention Farsight has recently said that they ARE keeping an eye on that poll for next season.)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what either one of us say, we'll let Farsight speak for us, just like they did when they chose CBW over EBD, or when they suddenly stopped making EMs.

As for THIS poll, I'm thrilled that TSPP is killing. It's a fun table, a fun license, and I think it would sell like crazy for the company.
------------
Yea; I'll always support FS. They're the best out there now. For that reason alone, I have become a pinballaholic. ;):cool:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
---------------
yes sir ree...I (IMHO) will love a few EM machines each year. (from now on). Just an old-school guy. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.