• Cyclone

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Red & Ted's Roadshow

Votes: 36 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I like Alien 3. Especially the extended version on blu-ray. Excellent score and pretty good acting too. The cartoon animated Alien is kinda cheap looking but as far as I'm concerned, the series ended with this one. Plus, I remember seeing the trailer for it on the opening night of Star Trek VI so there's nostalgia for me as well.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I like Alien 3. Especially the extended version on blu-ray. Excellent score and pretty good acting too. The cartoon animated Alien is kinda cheap looking but as far as I'm concerned, the series ended with this one. Plus, I remember seeing the trailer for it on the opening night of Star Trek VI so there's nostalgia for me as well.

Yeah, Alien3 had an interesting premise and had some good scenes. The alien cam was kind of a cool gimmick. Definitely had its moments but just fell way short of the first two films.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Yeah, Alien3 had an interesting premise and had some good scenes. The alien cam was kind of a cool gimmick. Definitely had its moments but just fell way short of the first two films.

The most unforgettable part of Alien 3 IMHO is how the opening 20th Century Fox logo has the usual music until at the very end, it turns into one of the creepiest loudest notes ever made

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
The only good part of "Alien 3" was the ending. The rest was just garbage.

They not only immediately Kill off two major characters, but the prison idea was just stupid.

"Prometheus" was pretty good, but the story of Ripley will never be too old or finished. She IS a major part of that franchise, and always will be. As for "Alien: Ressurection", no argument there. What a joke. I thought the plot was great, but the acting choices were terrible.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The only good part of "Alien 3" was the ending. The rest was just garbage.

They not only immediately Kill off two major characters, but the prison idea was just stupid.

"Prometheus" was pretty good, but the story of Ripley will never be too old or finished. She IS a major part of that franchise, and always will be. As for "Alien: Ressurection", no argument there. What a joke. I thought the plot was great, but the acting choices were terrible.

Prometheus had such great potential but all the characters were such morons I couldn't help but root for them to die. Not to mention the fact that nobody was really likable as a character except the robot.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Prometheus had such great potential but all the characters were such morons I couldn't help but root for them to die. Not to mention the fact that nobody was really likable as a character except the robot.

I agree. Prometheus was probably one of the most disappointing films I've ever seen. I had extremely high hopes that Ridley Scott would make a film that blended elements of his first Alien movie and Kubrick's masterpiece, 2001. Alas, the dialog was so terrible and the decisions made by the characters so stupid (decisions made to do nothing but conveniently serve the plot) that it left me...disgusted.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Voted for F-14, because Earthshaker is already kind of a lock for next year, as is Cyclone (not that I'd vote for it, though). I also have a hunch that Jack*Bot and Mousin' Around will be seen in S4 as well. But F-14 is the one I want most that isn't likely to be enjoyed by a lot of people, hence not likely to appear at all in TPA.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Voted for F-14, because Earthshaker is already kind of a lock for next year, as is Cyclone (not that I'd vote for it, though). I also have a hunch that Jack*Bot and Mousin' Around will be seen in S4 as well. But F-14 is the one I want most that isn't likely to be enjoyed by a lot of people, hence not likely to appear at all in TPA.

Well if we are getting LCA after 110 people voted for it ( for some unknown reason) than we could definitely get F-14 sometime in the upcoming seasons

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
are you saying that we're all becoming cultural otaku's

No. Otaku tend to be younger and more connected to modern pop culture. I will bet you that at this year's Anime Expo, one of the showcased AMVs will be a montage of Fairy Tail's Happy done to Pharrell Williams's "Happy."

Wrong. Would you like to try again for $200?

I'm talking about the cold storage of the franchise. Megan Ellison's production company Annapurna Pictures bought the rights to the Terminator franchise for 20 million. Her brother at Skydance is now in control and currently gearing up for a proposed trilogy of Terminator films, the first called Terminator: Genesis which will be released by Paramount. Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney are set to star along with Ah-nold.

After 2018 I believe, the rights to the Terminator revert back to Cameron, who initially sold the rights to his then wife Gale Anne Hurd for one dollar.

Oh, that sounds nice. Of course, change of ownership is no indication of easier licensing. (I was talking about mainstream popularity, of course.)

Sounds like you guys really know your Terminator and Ridley Scott stuff. I must admit I don't. Despite me being a film major, I have never really seen many movies, at least until recently, as theater ticket prices are way too high around here. As far as the media goes, my area of expertise is animated televiion.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Well if we are getting LCA after 110 people voted for it ( for some unknown reason) than we could definitely get F-14 sometime in the upcoming seasons
Different polls, though. Low votes on Gottlieb tables are expected. Low votes in a WMS poll with higher popularity isn't as much of an indicator.

Plus, I have a sneaky feeling there's licensing/trademark issues with the F-14 Tomcat name/likeness.

Wait, found this:
Northrop Grumman owns the vehicle names and weapon system designator trademarks for products manufactured by Northrop Grumman and its heritage companies, including Northrop, Grumman, Litton, Ryan, and TRW, as well as for certain product lines acquired from Vought and Fairchild Republic. For example, Northrop Grumman owns the trademarks to the following vehicles: A-10 Thunderbolt, B-2 Spirit, F4U Corsair and F-14 Tomcat.

Trademarks & Copyrights

Northrop Grumman licenses these trademarks and related copyrights for use in toys, models, video games, clothing and other products. Northrop Grumman also licenses its video footage and photographs.

For more information on Northrop Grumman’s policy on trademark licensing for your photographs, illustrations, and paintings of Northrop Grumman products, click here. For all other inquiries regarding the licensing of Northrop Grumman's images and trademarks, contact us.
The way that's worded, it actually sounds like they're quite relaxed/open about licensing the name/likeness for use in toys and games and such. That might not be such a roadblock after all!

Oh god, I hope Farsight chases this up.

PS. You need to clear your inbox/sent messages so you have some room :)

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Different polls, though. Low votes on Gottlieb tables are expected. Low votes in a WMS poll with higher popularity isn't as much of an indicator.

Plus, I have a sneaky feeling there's licensing/trademark issues with the F-14 Tomcat name/likeness.

Wait, found this:

The way that's worded, it actually sounds like they're quite relaxed/open about licensing the name/likeness for use in toys and games and such. That might not be such a roadblock after all!

Oh god, I hope Farsight chases this up.

PS. You need to clear your inbox/sent messages so you have some room :)

Indeed there are issues.

Whenever someone asks the Rep about "F-14 Tomcat" or "Corvette", he said the licenses would be expensive because of the holders. (Which sucks, because I'd really like to get both of those games)

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I can tell you this: SEGA had no trouble whatsoever using the F-14 Tomcat in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. They actually had much MORE trouble securing the rights to use some of SEGA's own characters, most notably Toejam & Earl.

(If you want to know, this is because you pilot a Tomcat in After Burner, if you remember that game. There is a transforming mecha as a playable character who morphs into an F-14 Tomcat as his aerial mode, and one of the racetracks is set in the middle of a battle in After Burner Climax.)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I can tell you this: SEGA had no trouble whatsoever using the F-14 Tomcat in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. They actually had much MORE trouble securing the rights to use some of SEGA's own characters, most notably Toejam & Earl.

(If you want to know, this is because you pilot a Tomcat in After Burner, if you remember that game. There is a transforming mecha as a playable character who morphs into an F-14 Tomcat as his aerial mode, and one of the racetracks is set in the middle of a battle in After Burner Climax.)

I grew up playing in the moving "After Burner" arcade. :D

But yeah, I'm just posting what was mentioned on the FB page.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
The background information is a general address and not specific to you; sorry if it was misinterpreted.

By the way, the rights information is displayed right at the pre-loader for SASRT and again in the end credits. They seem to have used other real military vehicles too, but I forgot which ones they are.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I can tell you this: SEGA had no trouble whatsoever using the F-14 Tomcat in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
Yeah, but the difference between Sega and Farsight is that one has deeper pockets than the other. The rights to use the F-14 Tomcat may be easy to get, but the price may be on the high side for Farsight.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Since Banzai Run isn't in your list,and it will be my number one choice until either it gets released or TPA stops releasing tables...then my number two choice has always been Red & Ted's Road Show.

Just voted for Road Show. Given all the great tables on the poll, this was a tougher choice than I thought it would be.
I have never seen a Banzai Run machine in person. I am hoping it does get released at some point to see some of what I've been missing.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah, but the difference between Sega and Farsight is that one has deeper pockets than the other. The rights to use the F-14 Tomcat may be easy to get, but the price may be on the high side for Farsight.

SASRT was actually one of the lower-budget titles from SEGA, as it was handled almost entirely by the small 3rd-party company Sumo Digital, and this was its first major release. The people at SEGA only provided an advisory and supervisory role, giving Sumo a limited budget and approving and disapproving of things proposed by Sumo. SASRT actually had to obtain sponsorship from NASCAR and Disney to meet production costs (in return for having Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph in the game).

In other words, contacting Northrop-Grumman is something at least worth trying. Even if it's steep, they seem reasonably easy to contact.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts