Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Red & Ted's Roadshow

Votes: 36 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
While Road Show's theme is just that bit cheesy, Pat Lawlor designed it and it was also the final wide body SuperPin released by Williams / Bally. Besides that, the game features deep rules that combine the mode-based structure of Twilight Zone and TAF with the miles / clock of FunHouse and the wheel rewards that would later be used in NGG. Lots to do. If they released this I would play it more than Twilight Zone

Lovely.

I'm not a fan of neither "Twilight Zone" nor "Funhouse". lol

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
In closing, I don't get all the love for "Red & Ted's Roadshow"? Granted, I've never played the table, but boy does it look pretty cheesy.

Because some people *do* like Lawlor tables. :)

(And that theme worked in that it was pretty common to see Road Show at truck stops back in the day!)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Because some people *do* like Lawlor tables. :)

(And that theme worked in that it was pretty common to see Road Show at truck stops back in the day!)

RS was VERY popular with truck drivers - especially for the Chicago & Ohio destinations. It's simply a fun DMD table. Which would probably sell more than either Bad Cats or Mousin' Around.

I'm not knocking those tables by any means, though. I've said it before - I'd rather have most of the tables from the Bally/Williams polls than just about anything else. Especially if you can't use the premium licensed tables.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I voted for Judge Dredd because I recently played it at the Texas Pinball Festival in March for the first time. Awesome table!
It would make a Killer addition to our TPA collection!

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Damn there all really good tables, how about we have all of them for Season 4????

Between 2 for me, Badcats and Cyclone.............i voted Cyclone

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
In closing, I don't get all the love for "Red & Ted's Roadshow"? Granted, I've never played the table, but boy does it look pretty cheesy.

I've played it. I can see the appela in it in that there are a lot of things to do in it and there is a surprisingly large amount of voice clips for something made during its time...but like with Rudy, those heads creep me out. I don't mind Rudy being like that because he's SUPPOSED to be creepy, but Red and Ted clearly aren't.

Pinhead45

Dec 30, 2012
Red and Ted's pretty good. (I voted for it) I haven't had much time on the real table, but i fell in love with it playing the VP version. Just something about the whole cross country thing with a few humorous clips, (boy these Williams guys could think up some good stuff) just sells it to me. It's really fun, it has some voice clips in it that makes you laugh and each stop on the map has it's own clip. I found myself playing it over and over to stop in all the different places to hear all the clips. For that reason it has good replay value. Btw it's Friday so like they say in the game ''Where's my Paycheck?!!"

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Looks like the votes are neck and neck 'and neck', and neck and neck and neck and neck and neck and neck and neck

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I like them, but we've got quite a few already. lol

I'm curious to hear what table(s) YOU think they should make. FS aren't trying to play favorites like you are implying. They will eventually get around to make all of the best tables (as long as people are buying them). Just saying, you might be seeing a pattern that isn't there. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what order they develop them.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'm curious to hear what table(s) YOU think they should make. FS aren't trying to play favorites like you are implying. They will eventually get around to make all of the best tables (as long as people are buying them). Just saying, you might be seeing a pattern that isn't there. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what order they develop them.

I'm not sure how I implied that they're trying to "play favorites", but is it not true that we have quite a few Lawlor tables already? I don't blame them, the ones they've put out are popular, without question. I was just looking for something else for a change, nothing more.

Personally, I think they should make the majority of the tables from the Top Ten Polls. I mean, that's why they started them, is it not? They wanted to know what we wanted, and we gave them the answers.

If you want to know what tables I'd like them to make, based on my own selfish reasons, then:

1. Dr. Who (Impossible)
2. Dracula (Hopefully this season, an amazing table)
3. Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street (One of the very few awesome Gottlieb tables, and I'm a huge Freddy fan)
4. Dirty Harry (An absolute blast to play)
5. Silverball Mania (The first table I ever played, though I'll admit it's not very good)
6. The Addams Family (I've never played it, but you HAVE to make the best selling table of all time)
7. Tales from the Crypt (A fun table and fun, popular license)
8. The Simpsons: Pinball Party (Another fun table)
9. Lethal Weapon 3
10. Phantom of the Opera

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
sometimes I really wonder are the TPA players so young and so different in taste than people who grew up with pins.
My wote goes for TPZ

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts