T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Depends on how the operator had the match percentage set at the locations you visited. Factory match settings are 8%. For comparison, Monster Bash factory match settings are 7%

I used to get them all the time by tapping both flippers as the compactor plates smash together for the first time. Sometimes I'd even see the number in rotation and still win them.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I used to get them all the time by tapping both flippers as the compactor plates smash together for the first time. Sometimes I'd even see the number in rotation and still win them.

Pinball myth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

It is all controlled by the percentage set by the operator. You will have a higher chance of earning a match if the table is being played lots because the more plays recorded, the sooner the match will be triggered.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Pinball myth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

It is all controlled by the percentage set by the operator. You will have a higher chance of earning a match if the table is being played lots because the more plays recorded, the sooner the match will be triggered.

I don't know what to say, because it works a lot of times for me on other tables too... NGG, SS to name two.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
The percentage that I am getting the match is definitely more than 50%. In general, most games are set between 6-8%.

N

netizen

The match percentage only matters if you are playing a series of games and not exiting out or going back to the table selection menu.

The percentage in the operators menu determines the percentage of matches over, iirc, 50 games. When the ROM is started form a known state the match algo probably is starting from this same known state as well which is giving a greater percentage to matches because there isn't the stored memory of games played.

obligatory note about pro mode games saving settings blah blah blah

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I have nothing better to do today... Let's conduct an experiment. I'll play 50 games where I do the tap, and 50 games without, and I'll post the results.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
There are theories that free replays from matching sequence isn't purely random. The algorithm calculation also takes into account how many games where played in a row, how many credits there are left, how many players played the game, what scores where achieved and so on. Maybe it's a crazy conspiracy theory or a widely known fact, I have no idea what the "pinball scene" thinks of these theories. Computer generated pure randomness is practically non-existing though.

An example of conspiracy theory, maybe it's been posted before?

cheaptalk.org/2009/11/17/the-economics-of-pinball/

" match probability: you win a free game if the last two digits of your score match an apparently random draw. While adjustments to the high-score threshold is textbook price theory, the adjustments to the match probability is pure behavioral economics. Let’s clear this up right away. No, the match probability is not uniform and yes, it is strategically manipulated depending on who is playing and when. For example, if the machine has been idle for more than three minutes, the match probability is boosted upward. You will never match if you won a free game by high score. And it gets more complicated than that. Any time there are two or more players and they finish a game with no credits left, one player (but only one) is very likely to match. Empirically, the other players will more often than not put in another quarter to play again."

N

netizen

Nobody cares that superjackpot is broken then?

perhaps, with the dodgy trigger, no-one has gotten it?

But judging by the leader boards it seems that people have been able to hit it.}
Can you been less vague.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I posted higher up the thread but received no response.

I've since been able to replicate it, when the ball is locked for SJP and you make the shot, it just shows x targets remaining.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
I posted higher up the thread but received no response.

I've since been able to replicate it, when the ball is locked for SJP and you make the shot, it just shows x targets remaining.

I think this is a bug in the actual game itself. When this game was used in the Finals of the PAPA 14 World Championships, Josh Sharpe had locked a ball for a Super Jackpot on his first Multi-Ball, and made the shot with the message "1 Target Remaining" being displayed and zero points being awarded. Although Extra Balls were disabled on the game, Extra Ball was lit in the Up-Kicker with the Super Jackpot, leading to the Extra Ball animation being displayed followed by the "Shoot the Super Jackpot" message.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
This early beta build for android is phenomenal, unfortunately I am still waiting for my entitlement. Haven't found any bugs. Any time frame for when backers get it for free?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Another multiball bug, I had 2 locked and tried to lock the third, I lost the ball and the table loaded the canon.

Problem is the ball save relaunched the lost ball so I was trying to hit the 2x JP whilst there was still a ball in play.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I just bought the Android version this morning and will have a chance to put some time into it....wait..what am I doing on a message board?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ok,
So far really liking this table, now given that my IRL experience with this table is limited (at least I've actually seen touched and played one for a grand total of two now), but am I the only one that thinks this table plays a lot like the launch ToM. Extremely bouncy. Maybe the real table plays that way, it would make sense because of how open and fast it is.

N

netizen

The tournament starts on 03/01/2013 and ends 08/12/2013

now I get: "You did not participate in this tournament" Even tho I played games in the tournament mode to test it.

I also got messages locking me out of the STTNG Tournament yesterday, does using this beta build affect the KS Tournament that is happening?

Loading the tournament on a non beta device shows me that the beta APK install completely interferes with Tournament functions.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yes it does, the beta build was built using a beta tournament flag. I made some changes too to make the system more robust I am moving records out of the active table and into a history table. This will make having X amount of tournaments a lot easier to manage and we will have all past user history that I am building into a bio screen. Basically just ignore it ;) if you want to play the ST tourny you have to revert to the live version that uses the production database.

N

netizen

yes it does, the beta build was built using a beta tournament flag. I made some changes too to make the system more robust I am moving records out of the active table and into a history table. This will make having X amount of tournaments a lot easier to manage and we will have all past user history that I am building into a bio screen. Basically just ignore it ;) if you want to play the ST tourny you have to revert to the live version that uses the production database.

That's really odd. Why am I getting conflicting messages from the Tournament UI then?

Yesterday the tournament screen told me i was locked out of the STTNG Kickstarter tournament, now I am being told i didn;t even participate in the tiered beta tournament, with only Ryan, Fungi and <player data> on the list.

This shows the Tournament dumped data at the end, and allowed for communication with a concurrently running tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts