Table Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
From Facebook...

The Pinball Arcade
We're happy to announce that the Pinball Arcade’s next table release will be Table Pack 16, featuring Flight 2000™ and Goin’ Nuts™!

Flight 2000 (1980) was the winner of our fan poll earlier this year as the classic Stern table YOU most want to see in the Pinball Arcade! It was designed by Harry Williams, and was the first talking Stern table. This table features 3 ball multiballs, where each ball is launched through three separate "lift-off" stages. This takes place at the upper left of the playfield inside a maze-like ball lock mechanism.

Gottlieb's Goin’ Nuts (1983) is one of the rarest pinball tables ever- it was a prototype and was never actually manufactured. Your very first ball is a three ball multiball! There are no outlanes on this very unique table. A timer clocks down, so it’s not how many balls you have; it’s the amount of time you have left that matters.

Keep flippin’, everyone!

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
personally, its the first time i'll give serious consideration as to whether or not im going to buy it rather than automatically download on release like usual, very underwhelming pack for me. if goin' nuts is worthy of inclusion here why didnt it even get past the prototype stage back in the day? surely the reason its so rare was because it was deemed not good enough?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
personally, its the first time i'll give serious consideration as to whether or not im going to buy it rather than automatically download on release like usual, very underwhelming pack for me. if goin' nuts is worthy of inclusion here why didnt it even get past the prototype stage back in the day? surely the reason its so rare was because it was deemed not good enough?

I read somewhere that it was dropped because it was expensive to reproduce being a wide body and all. I guess they saw no profit there. But I honestly have no idea if that is true or not.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ah. So FarSight DOES know the difference between a squirrel and a gopher. It's everybody else that doesn't. And you know who you are.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So after about 4 minutes, I got bored and start playing my own game.

Let's see, I can hear Joust, Missile Command, Victory, Galaga, Black Hole, maybe Central Park.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I guess it was inevitable that we would see Goin' nutts because it was on the Gotlieb collection. Not saying every table that was on it will be in TPA. That said the only interesting table in that pack is Flight 2000. It looks cool although I guess I'm getting tired of hearing the same sounds that Williams was prevalent with in the 80's. I know it's a Stern table but still Too many similarities with Black Knight, Firepower, Space Shuttle etc as far as sounds etc.

Yeah that vid makes the table look really boring. If I want long games I'll stick with Zen pinball. Interestingly enough I've been playing a lot of Zen pinball lately. Really loving the polish that Zen does. I still love both TPA and Zen.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Boring. I might buy those tables if they were a $1, but not worth $5 IMO.
Anyway, there are others I haven't played yet, so no loss. ;)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yeah that vid makes the table look really boring. If I want long games I'll stick with Zen pinball. Interestingly enough I've been playing a lot of Zen pinball lately. Really loving the polish that Zen does. I still love both TPA and Zen.

Aahhhh, he said Zen, get him! I'm kidding of course. I enjoy both TPA and Zen games myself, but lately I've been playing a lot more TPA than Zen. With all of the new tables in TPA recently and the lull in new table releases from Zen, its been no contest.

A lot of people seem down on this next table pack but I find it very interesting. While its clearly not the strongest pack ever it is going to have a poll-winner and unique rarity. As primarily PS3 player I'm also remembering that we will be getting this pack right on the heels of a really strong pack with Champion Pub and Whirlwind. So those 4 tables we get with the next update (early Sept?) will still be pretty good overall.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
The good news for me is that this is the first table pack where I haven't played either or table. The bad news is that neither of them look very interesting. I'll be buying the table pack when it comes out on the PS3, but I'm going to keep my expectations on the low side.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
This was the table they voted over SEA WITCH? Well skip another pack for me this year , that's 4 so far guys , and the Kickstarter too , your updates look good from the recent patches but the enthusiasm I used to have is not rekindled , I will buy Centaur and Pinbot , and Im still mulling over White Water and Space Shuttle ...

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I guess it was inevitable that we would see Goin' nutts because it was on the Gotlieb collection. Not saying every table that was on it will be in TPA. That said the only interesting table in that pack is Flight 2000. It looks cool although I guess I'm getting tired of hearing the same sounds that Williams was prevalent with in the 80's. I know it's a Stern table but still Too many similarities with Black Knight, Firepower, Space Shuttle etc as far as sounds etc.

This was the table they voted over SEA WITCH? Well skip another pack for me this year , that's 4 so far guys , and the Kickstarter too , your updates look good from the recent patches but the enthusiasm I used to have is not rekindled , I will buy Centaur and Pinbot , and Im still mulling over White Water and Space Shuttle ...

Yeah guys let's judge Flight 2000 based on a video of Goin' Nuts...

wtf?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012

After reading that other thread about the guy who designed SeaWitch, I really want to play it now too!

I bought Centaur, Pinbot and White Water, Spaceshutte --- well worth it!

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Its all pinball! I didn't vote fir Flight 2000 but I'm sure I'll have fun playing it. Goin' Nuts! will be nice to have in a historical way. I like to play a variety of tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.