Table Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Goin Nuts should be fun just because it is so different in rules and layout. I also think the art is fun on it.

But Flight 2000 is what I'm looking forward too. A truly challenging classic Stern pin. I played about 6 or 7 games on it at Pinfest recently and never started multiball. It plays surprisingly quick and difficult. Don't be fooled by the open and simple looking layout. This will be a hit if FS can accurately capture the gameplay experience (and I believe they will).

And to all the people bummed about not getting Teed Off, fear not, I'm sure we will get it in the next few months as it was one of the most popular offerings on the Gottlieb Collection.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So now we know pack 16 what tables do we have on our list of known upcoming tables?

Here's what's left of the PHOF collections "SEMICOLON"

Ace High
Victory
Tee'd Off
El Dorado City of Gold
Sorcerer

Although FarSight has stated they aren't planning on doing Sorcerer. They may have changed their minds by now. Their call.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think what pisses people off the most about this is that there is no table-balance here. When you release a table like say, Central Park (which I really love, btw) the companion table needs to be something very strong, like a good DMD game. Which is exactly what happened: Big Shot was accompanied by the awesome 1998 DMD Scared Stiff, Central Park paired with the equally good 1999 DMD Cactus Canyon.

It needed to be paired with a strong re-release. Tee'd Off would have been perfect. Or even Victory or Sorcerer.

Centaur is an amazing table. But had the companion table been Goin Nuts people would have had the same issue. Early 80's games, no matter how good, are still shallow compared to late 80's and 90's tables. Pairing it with Pin*Bot was a smart move, and struck a perfect balance.

Here we have a table which is not in the same league as Centaur to begin with, paired with a game that is BY FAR, the worst pinball game from either the Williams or Gottlieb collections... let alone comparable to Pin*Bot...

So had Flight 2K been paired with Sorcerer I'd have had ZERO complaints this month. Likewise had Goin Nuts been paired with say, Road Show, I'd be totally happy. But as it stands, this is by far, the weakest table pack release ever on the service and I'm totally skipping it. I guess I should be happy Farsight saved me money because like I said, had these been paired with decent machines, I'd have bought them. Oh well.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I AM getting Centaur and Pinbot , it's the other packs I have doubts about , Space Shuttle will probably prove irresistible , unless Centaur arrives Tuesday.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
That's the negative spin. Here's some positive spin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't last year's table pack release at this time... nothing? I was looking through the iOS 'version history', and it was blank for July and August. I bought Pin Arcade in August of last year for my Xbox 360, so I wasn't around back then and don't know.

But my point is, if last year they released nothing, then we should be happy we are at least getting SOMETHING this year. That's positive spin part 1.

Part 2. These are both very simple tables. I can't imagine digitizing these is anywhere near as intensive as doing a DMD or System 11 game.

Therefor, this might allow Farsight to focus on BUG FIXES that are long overdue.

If we get fixes for say, Cirqus Voltaire, Whirlwind, updated physics for Monster Bash and Theatre of Magic, rom emulation for Black Knight, Firepower, and Gorgar... then ,you know what, I'd be so freaking happy I'd purchase Goin Nuts and Flight 2K simply as a thank you...

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Here's what's left of the PHOF collections "SEMICOLON"

Ace High
Victory
Tee'd Off
El Dorado City of Gold
Sorcerer

Although FarSight has stated they aren't planning on doing Sorcerer. They may have changed their minds by now. Their call.

Hmmm..... So, we will have to buy all these mediocre at max pins before we see something new. Dissapointing pack and more boring pre wwii pins coming.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
TPA is too good of a value for me to care that the next table pack might not be a life altering experience. ;)

The game industry is a tough business, and I'll buy the pack to support their current and future development efforts.

I'll be happy if FarSight is able to stay profitable and keeps reproducing tables until there are essentially none left to reproduce.

Flight 2000 is a table that I would not sink quarters in... and yet I have a feeling that once I start playing it, I'll really like it.

Goin Nuts doesn't look like that much fun to me... but I'm looking forward to it proving me wrong. Similar to Big Shot and Central Park, which I wound up playing far more than I ever expected.

But even if it doesn't, and I only play it a few times, I'm still in it for the long haul with FarSight. I hope to be buying monthly table packs 10 years from now.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Ace High looks amazing. Victory looks OK but I'd rather just have High Speed.

El Dorado City of Gold looks like crap. Very meh design on the artwork and gameplay. Still would rather have this than goin nuts though.

Sorcerer is badass. One of my favorites from Williams HOF. Fun, cool, solid 80's pin.

Why do they feel the need to do every single table from the Williams and Gotlieb disc, no matter the quality? If it's the same cost to digitize a new table as an old one, then why not just start doing 2 packs with 2 all new tables? Worse still, you saved the worst for last. Goin Nuts should never had made the cut for this colleciton, an I'd say pass on Victory and El Dorado, and let's get to doing 2 amazing tables per month: put the days of disappointing re-releases like Goin Nuts behind us.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ace High looks amazing.

It does???
image-19.jpg

I am not a fan of the olde woodrails.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Yeah guys let's judge Flight 2000 based on a video of Goin' Nuts...

wtf?

There's just one problem—no one actually did that.

Pinballfan69 dissed Goin' Nuts on its own merits, and said "the only interesting table in that pack is Flight 2000."

Sinistar dissed Flight 2000 on its own merits, and never mentioned Goin' Nuts.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I welcome lesser known and unproudced quirky tables

May not be everyones cup of tea or even mine for that matter

But i love the choice

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It does???
image-19.jpg

I am not a fan of the olde woodrails.

Absolutely. It's gorgeous. The backglass is even more beautiful.

It perfectly captures the essence of that era of pinball.

It's a work of pinball art, and we need at least one wood rail in the arcade to round out the collection.

With that said it needs to be paired with a strong DMD table.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Well I said it before, I buy whatever they release.
But that brought me to the question, what's the worst packet you can think of?
Jive Time & Orbiter ... lol, even Bobby King denied playing Orbiter extensively.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
You're goin' nuts Frank! :D But I always thought that "going nuts" meant going crazy.

Crazy was the word I was going to use, but didn't want anyone thinking I was calling them crazy.

Yes, I've been goin' nuts most of my life. In a good way, of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts