Table Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I never thought I'd say this but my interest in TPA and its future is seriously dropping off at the moment because the forthcoming table list has never looked so poor ( to me ). Apart from T2 which despite a rocky start is now looking like its going to make it I have no interest in anything that we know is definitely coming. I'm sure there are plenty of more exciting pins still to come that just havent been announced yet but as the known list stands at the moment I have no excitment at all for future packs.

I feel the complete opposite.

To me we haven't even gotten started. Without High Speed, Getaway, F-14, Addams Family, Fish Tales, Road Show, Banzai Run, Earthshaker, Who Dunnit, Party Zone, Judge Dredd, Safe Cracker, Black Rose, Big Guns, Bad Cats, Diner, Swords of Fury, T2, Black Knight 2000, Lord of the Rings, Dracula, Jack*Bot, Indiana Jones... and that's just off the top of my head. I'm more pumped than ever, and I'm discovering new and interesting pins all the time too. For instance I just discovered Party Zone and now it's a must have on my list.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Ace High is awesome because it is the only table that I can think of where draining a ball in an outlane is a good thing. Of course, Farsight will mess it up, much like how they messed up Central Park by giving extra balls for specials.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Has anyone here played the Wheel of Fortune pinball machine? That one is a real turd! Anything paired with WoF would be a bad pack for me. I would probably buy it though just to show my brother what a piece of crap WoF is...just because he's a big Wheel of Fortune AND pinball fan.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I played one very briefly about a year ago.

All I remember was a really weird center drain... thing. And I remember it being Wheel of Fortune, just a dreadful license...

That same arcade had a Monopoly which I found to be very good! Surprised nobody talks about that one. It's an early 2000's Stern and a cheap license seems like a no brainer for the arcade...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ace High is awesome because it is the only table that I can think of where draining a ball in an outlane is a good thing. Of course, Farsight will mess it up, much like how they messed up Central Park by giving extra balls for specials.

Make it without extra balls and then you'll be eligible for the high scores. Ace High's object makes it very common to get replays.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I played one very briefly about a year ago.

All I remember was a really weird center drain... thing. And I remember it being Wheel of Fortune, just a dreadful license...

That same arcade had a Monopoly which I found to be very good! Surprised nobody talks about that one. It's an early 2000's Stern and a cheap license seems like a no brainer for the arcade...

I played Monopoly also. The one I played had a slightly sticky right flipper. I had to really jam it with my finger. It was still more fun than WoF!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Has anyone here played the Wheel of Fortune pinball machine? That one is a real turd! Anything paired with WoF would be a bad pack for me. I would probably buy it though just to show my brother what a piece of crap WoF is...just because he's a big Wheel of Fortune AND pinball fan.

I wonder what the venn diagram looks like between "Wheel" fans and pinball fans. Like this? O O

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I wonder what the venn diagram looks like between "Wheel" fans and pinball fans. Like this? O O

My brother is definitely not the only one. My brother is quite a bit older than me and went to college in the mid to late '70s. It was popular back then to watch game shows as a group activity. It had "camp" value so you could make fun of it. But also it had group gaming value by virtue of being able to guess the answers. Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! were really popular on my brother's floor. They also had many pinball machines on campus and it was here that my brother refined his pinball skills.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
For a rodent game, I think I'd rather see Tee'd Off over Goin' Nuts. Having constant multiball kinda nullifies the gaming experience but we'll see how well it plays. Sometimes these "underdog" tables are more appealing to me than the popular tables. I have the Gottlieb Collection on the PSP and at the time I was playing it, I seldom played Goin' Nuts. Tee'd Off was much more enjoyable.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I feel the complete opposite.

To me we haven't even gotten started. Without High Speed, Getaway, F-14, Addams Family, Fish Tales, Road Show, Banzai Run, Earthshaker, Who Dunnit, Party Zone, Judge Dredd, Safe Cracker, Black Rose, Big Guns, Bad Cats, Diner, Swords of Fury, T2, Black Knight 2000, Lord of the Rings, Dracula, Jack*Bot, Indiana Jones... and that's just off the top of my head. I'm more pumped than ever, and I'm discovering new and interesting pins all the time too. For instance I just discovered Party Zone and now it's a must have on my list.

I agree with you, I'm pumped for all those too but I want to see some of them on the confirmed table list, thats what I'm moaning about. All the pins you mentioned are a wishlist, the actual confirmed list has never looked so bare.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

There was a short-lived request thread for it. I was surprised only that more people didn't post in agreement. I think it would make an excellent addition to TPA too, here's hoping it gets in at some point.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3821-Stern-s-Monopoly

Monopoly is really fun. : )

Yeah, what he said! ^

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Cant wait till they run out of re-releases. :)

Well, it looks like they've already run out of the good re-releases. But what about Tee'd Off and Victory? Bah! I'm more excited about many of the tables in these polls than what's left of the PHOF.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

I have a wof near me and I actually quite enjoyed it.

There was a short-lived request thread for it. I was surprised only that more people didn't post in agreement. I think it would make an excellent addition to TPA too, here's hoping it gets in at some point.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3821-Stern-s-Monopoly

Yeah, what he said! ^

I quite like monopoly as well.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I never thought I'd say this but my interest in TPA and its future is seriously dropping off at the moment because the forthcoming table list has never looked so poor ( to me ). Apart from T2 which despite a rocky start is now looking like its going to make it I have no interest in anything that we know is definitely coming. I'm sure there are plenty of more exciting pins still to come that just havent been announced yet but as the known list stands at the moment I have no excitment at all for future packs.

Don't worry. There's plenty of good stuff on the way.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Goin Nuts should be fun just because it is so different in rules and layout. I also think the art is fun on it.
I for one, don't see all the negativity regarding Goin' Nuts. Glad to see I'm not the only one looking forward to playing it! :cool:

And to all the people bummed about not getting Teed Off, fear not, I'm sure we will get it in the next few months as it was one of the most popular offerings on the Gottlieb Collection.
Tee'd off would have been great, but at least on the Game cube version (the only one I played) it had a terrible game breaking glitch where the ball would get stuck on one of the rails in the upper right portion of the table, and all the tilting in the world wouldn't release it. No option to "call attendant" that I'm aware of either. After about 4 games ending like this, I quit playing that table. Gottlieb collection is partly why the Black hole is so nostalgic to me.

It does???
image-19.jpg

I am not a fan of the olde woodrails.
I think it looks like quite a fine masterpiece. IMO, EM tables are vastly underrepresented in TPA. And I for one do enjoy playing Big Shot and Central Park. The EM tables are really from another time. For example, ACDC was an awesome classic rock band, yet the Beatles also have some solid rock ballads, too. Beatles music is more soft and mellow, while ACDC is more loud and in your face. They're both classics, but when you are comparing the 50s-60s to the 80s-90s, there's gonna be a pretty big difference. Since TPA is all about preserving pinball for future generations, these old EM tables should not be neglected. Sure, some may prefer the flashier more modern tables, but the EM tables really have a simple charm that somehow got lost in the era of flashing lights, digital sound, multiballs, and hyper-inflating high scores that span 9 digits or more.

PS - Anyone know the exact release date for pack 16 on Android/Ouya?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts