Table Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Sorry if I came off condescending or mean. I didn't mean anything by it.

Hey, I'm just a guy defending his right to parrrttae ahem I mean rant. Same difference.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Does anyone have a video of an actual Goin Nuts? Has anyone ever seen one in person, or in video for that matter?
Nope, but until it gets re-released on TPA this is probably the closest anybody will get to seeing one in person:
FYI, I watched the whole thing, and about three quarters of the way through the video, what appears to be a pinball mysteriously floats off into space towards the left hand edge of the screen. I remember seeing it, but forget the exact timestamp. You'll just have to take my word and rewatch it.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
I have usually bought all the packs on release this year. A fiver isn't too much for a couple of even mediocre tables ( not that I have played either). This time I won't buy the pack straight away, however, the reason being that I wan't to focus on WW and TCP right now. When the worst urgency to play those tables dies, I will buy the next pack - or even a couple if it takes more than a month.
Bottom line is I want all the TPA tables in my collection.
TPA is as close to my boyhood dream of owning a lot of pinballtables I'll ever get.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
good onya Mark, iwish people would think more positive instead of bagging everything

;)
That's the negative spin. Here's some positive spin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't last year's table pack release at this time... nothing? I was looking through the iOS 'version history', and it was blank for July and August. I bought Pin Arcade in August of last year for my Xbox 360, so I wasn't around back then and don't know.

But my point is, if last year they released nothing, then we should be happy we are at least getting SOMETHING this year. That's positive spin part 1.

Part 2. These are both very simple tables. I can't imagine digitizing these is anywhere near as intensive as doing a DMD or System 11 game.

Therefor, this might allow Farsight to focus on BUG FIXES that are long overdue.

If we get fixes for say, Cirqus Voltaire, Whirlwind, updated physics for Monster Bash and Theatre of Magic, rom emulation for Black Knight, Firepower, and Gorgar... then ,you know what, I'd be so freaking happy I'd purchase Goin Nuts and Flight 2K simply as a thank you...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Throw some metal pegs and some other crap into a wooden board and pop some flippers at the bottom and I'm a happy camper.

The layout for GN looks pretty cool to me.

Makes me think back to how everyone (not literally everyone) thought that Big Shot was going to be a crapfest and then how well it was actually received.
Personally, I remember playing one game of Scared Stiff, which I was very excited for, and then playing Big Shot for...oh about 2 months solid. I have high hopes for the pack, and, well, like all the packs, I plan on purchasing them before they're even finished. Hopefully Android gets more than a day or two beta time though.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sorry if I came off condescending or mean. I didn't mean anything by it.

Hey, I'm just a guy defending his right to parrrttae ahem I mean rant. Same difference.

Hey, Mark. I asked for it so no offense taken at all. I am not very good at expressing myself sometimes and I didn't mean to hurt you. Passion is good and good or bad feelings about a pack is both equally appreciated. You wrote your posts over the course of days but I just happened to read them all in one go. Nothing wrong with anything you said. Just very much of it. lol

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I think this might not be a strong pairing, would have made more sense to throw in Tee'd Off perhaps? But nevertheless, tables have a tendency to surprise you so I am looking forward to this tablepack! :D

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I could have lived without Goin' Nuts, but I think we can all say that it's better than the "Strikes 'n' Spares" from the Gottlieb Collection. I'll buy the pack because I've never played Fight 2000 (or any classic Stern tables), but I don't expect to play much of the novelty table and I would rather have seen something else in that slot. I don't recall a deep rule set so what will goals be like for Goin' Nuts - anyone remember the goals from the Gottlieb Collection - I seem to recall getting them pretty quickly.

With regards to the rest, Sorcerer and Aces High are top of the list. The latter and Big Shot were practically the only machines I'd play up until I traded in the Gottlieb Collection. Victory is okay, but I'm not a big fan of the small, compartmentalised playfield. T'eed Off should be fun with the new engine; I found it very unrewarding in its original form. El Dorado was pretty boring, but again with a new engine I'm prepared to give it a chance. I really hope that Gottlieb Strikes 'n' Spares game doesn't get an appearance - certainly not as part of a monthly pack release!

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't last year's table pack release at this time... nothing? I was looking through the iOS 'version history', and it was blank for July and August. I bought Pin Arcade in August of last year for my Xbox 360, so I wasn't around back then and don't know.

But my point is, if last year they released nothing, then we should be happy we are at least getting SOMETHING this year. That's positive spin part 1.

Here are the release dates from last summer. The August table pack was delayed so two packs were released in September within a couple of days of each other. I don't know what iOS Version History you were looking at but I looked in my iTunes purchase history and I always purchase the first day table packs are released.

6/14: Gorgar/Monster Bash
7/25: Black Knight/Creature From the Black Lagoon
9/25: Harley Davidson/Taxi
9/28: Elvira and the Party Monsters/No Good Gophers

N

netizen

I think you must have snoozed or ignored a pack for a month because of HD

June was Pack #3 - Gorgar and MB, Purchased 6/15/12
July was pack #4 CFtBL and BK which i purchased on 7/26/12
Aug was pack #5 - Taxi and everyone's fave HD, purchased on 8/31/12
Sep was pack #6 - NGG and EATPM, Purchased 9/27/12

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Have you played Limbo on the 360? It's awesome! ;)

I see what you did there. ;D

Regardless, I will be getting this pack cause I might as well just get the season two pack, and I did not mind Goin Nuts on the Gottelib collection except the whole game is heavily pixelated.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
I voted for Flight 2000 and I'm stoked for next month, or whenever it's coming. We have a real F2K at the pinball joint near my house and it is great fun. The widebody and upper left maze make it feel really different. Sure it's not a 90's B/W DMD but I'm finding myself more and more interested in the older stuff where it's about pure shot making.

As for the price, I'm going to CA Extreme this weekend and I'm going to be out at least $400 at the end of it for 2 days entertainment. $5 for something I can enjoy forever is a steal.

Members online

Members online