Table Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This was the table they voted over SEA WITCH? Well skip another pack for me this year , that's 4 so far guys , and the Kickstarter too , your updates look good from the recent patches but the enthusiasm I used to have is not rekindled , I will buy Centaur and Pinbot , and Im still mulling over White Water and Space Shuttle ...

Centaur/Pinbot & White Water/Space Shuttle are two of the best packs so far. I wouldn't have guessed they were packs you skipped.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Centaur/Pinbot & White Water/Space Shuttle are two of the best packs so far. I wouldn't have guessed they were packs you skipped.

We don't get Centaur and Pinbot until next week. Unless Sin is already planning on not getting them.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Why all the negativity with goin' nuts? I dont think it's fair to judge this table strictly by the video of the gottlieb HOF gameplay.

It will look and play very differently in tpa, shouldn't we at least wait to see the official promo video before passing judgement?

Even if this table isn't the greatest of all time, can't we at least appreciate that we will have the ability to play it at all given that there are only 10 in existence? I would like to see some more of these rare tables. How about The Pinball Circus?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Why all the negativity with goin' nuts? I dont think it's fair to judge this table strictly by the video of the gottlieb HOF gameplay.

It will look and play very differently in tpa, shouldn't we at least wait to see the official promo video before passing judgement?

Even if this table isn't the greatest of all time, can't we at least appreciate that we will have the ability to play it at all given that there are only 10 in existence? I would like to see some more of these rare tables. How about The Pinball Circus?

Never been to Las Vegas and probably never will but every person whose opinion I respect has said basically the same thing about Python's Pinball Circus, "glad to have played it once."

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
Goin' What's? Already have that snoozer on PHoF. This will be the first TPA table pack I'll be passing on. Now back to playing Zaccaria Pinball :p

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I welcome Goin' Nuts, actually. In fact, all tables are welcomed into TPA no matter what, within the manufacturer that Farsight has the licenses on.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Never been to Las Vegas and probably never will but every person whose opinion I respect has said basically the same thing about Python's Pinball Circus, "glad to have played it once."

I haven't been to Vegas (yet), so I haven't played the real table or the gottlieb hof version. I could very well end up agreeing with all the negative feedback. All I am saying is that i will hold back on my judgment until i see or play the tpa version, since i dont think it would be fair to judge it by the gottlieb hof version.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Ah. So FarSight DOES know the difference between a squirrel and a gopher. It's everybody else that doesn't. And you know who you are.

I always knew that FarSight knew the difference between a squirrel and a gopher. I hope my post #264 http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4729-Table-Pack-16-Speculation/page11 was not taken as me being upset. I tried to make sure that anyone who read it knew I was trying to make a funny.

The clues for tablepack 16 and the controversy concerning whether the second table was going to be Goin' Nuts or Tee'd Off, was just too tempting not to try to make a funny out of the rich material provided. I was also in a pretty squirrel y mood myself yesterday, hence the post.

The names of both machines are great trigger words. Tee'd Off, that means someone is mad. Goin' Nuts means your usually in a tizzy. Gopher holes and squirrel nuts have innuendo. I couldn't resist the post. Sorry if I upset anyone. :eek:

I am looking forward to this tablepack. When I was knee-hi to a grasshopper, I always wanted a table with no outlanes. Especially after playing Big Shot IRL at age 13. It was one less thing I would have to worry about. After playing my first multi-ball machine, I thought it would be great if you started in multi-ball. Who knew any manufacturer would even attempt this.

I remember there was some negativity at the release of Central Park; however, there were quite a few who changed their minds. The only thing missing in Goin' Nuts is a center shield guard.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I always knew that FarSight knew the difference between a squirrel and a gopher. I hope my post #264 http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4729-Table-Pack-16-Speculation/page11 was not taken as me being upset. I tried to make sure that anyone who read it knew I was trying to make a funny.

The clues for tablepack 16 and the controversy concerning whether the second table was going to be Goin' Nuts or Tee'd Off, was just too tempting not to try to make a funny out of the rich material provided. I was also in a pretty squirrel y mood myself yesterday, hence the post.

The names of both machines are great trigger words. Tee'd Off, that means someone is mad. Goin' Nuts means your usually in a tizzy. Gopher holes and squirrel nuts have innuendo. I couldn't resist the post. Sorry if I upset anyone. :eek:

I am looking forward to this tablepack. When I was knee-hi to a grasshopper, I always wanted a table with no outlanes. Especially after playing Big Shot IRL at age 13. It was one less thing I would have to worry about. After playing my first multi-ball machine, I thought it would be great if you started in multi-ball. Who knew any manufacturer would even attempt this.

I remember there was some negativity at the release of Central Park; however, there were quite a few who changed their minds. The only thing missing in Goin' Nuts is a center shield guard.

You're goin' nuts Frank! :D But I always thought that "going nuts" meant going crazy.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Everyone loves you Frank, you seem one of the nicest guys on this board.

What's the difference between a gofer, a ground hog and a meerkat?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Goin' Nuts! Because it takes three balls to become a true pinball wizard... :eek:

I'm happy that this is getting released. Now I won't have to go out of my way to dump $30 on the hard-to-find Gottlieb Collection for Wii just to satiate my curiosity. That hour long Wii marathon is epic btw...

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
one question. from my memory of first installing pinball arcade, for the older packs you could buy the tables individually. i seem to remember the early 80s tables being a bit cheaper than the more recent tables. given that this is the first pack which contains 2 early 80s tables is the pack going to be any cheaper than usual? if it is i'll probably buy it just to maintain my collection but for me the early tables just dont interest me enough to justify paying the full price for this pack. i like having them and trying them out when they come bundled with something more substantial as is usually the case, but two together? not for me, sorry

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
So now we know pack 16 what tables do we have on our list of known upcoming tables?

Basically just about anything left from the HoF collections. As far as new releases, it's only speculation.
Bobby King has said in the past that he likes 8 Ball Deluxe and Fireball. He's also said he'd prefer to do High Speed before the sequal. Gary Stern had a slip of the tongue at CES that TPA has digitized Tales From the Crypt and Rollar Coaster Tycoon. Regarding music themed tables King has said that Elvis may be a possibility due to an impersonator doing the voice in the songs. That's all I know.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
This blows a hole on justifying the purchase of Season Pass 2. It could have been High Speed, Fish Tales, or even BlackKnight2000 but no they drop these on us. I am indeed going nuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts