Table Pack 16: Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
With the release of Flight 2k I actually did find myself missing the blue spaceship carpet. Seems like it would have matched well to the table!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I like the blue spaceship carpet too it reminded me of an actual arcade.

I can't believe people actually complained about it. The hardwood floor is a major downgrade. I want the space carpet back. It reminded me of an actual arcade I went to in Florida (or was it South Carolina?) that had carpet like that, a bar, black lights everywhere and it was the first time I ever played Daytona USA 2. It was mind blowing and the cabinet rotated and this was back before Dreamcast early 1998.

I hope this pack has shown everyone just how good the Dr. Dude/Firepower pack was. Dr. Dude is one of my favorite games right now. It's really deep for a system 11.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
I hope this pack has shown everyone just how good the Dr. Dude/Firepower pack was. Dr. Dude is one of my favorite games right now. It's really deep for a system 11.

no that was still a poor pack for me. obviously not as poor as this one cause at least i was persuaded to buy it but still way below par

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
i dont dislike harley davidson. there i said it.

my least favourite by a country mile is genie, though based on the free trial if i actually bought goin nuts it might have a bit of competition

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
How can anyone not like Dr Dude??? Must be dull, drab, and rude...definitely not a SUPER DUDE! :cool:

I was so happy with the new update for Android that fixed the pesky framerate drop, I bought the last few table packs! TPA runs well even on my old phone now. I have nearly bested all my scores and completed many wizard goals I got frustrated with.

Flight 2000 is really good, but it does seem to play really fast, or at least the ball flies around easily. On the other hand, Goin Nuts is probably one of the worst pins of all time. Never liked it on the Gottlieb collection and I still don't. Seems like I'm just flipping the balls around hoping to get lucky. I'm actually glad when the timer runs out. I just don't see why they even did this table to begin with.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I guesd we all have different tastes, which is good. Allthough I still don't understand why you wouldn't buy all packs. Once a month you pay what equals to 5 credits in an arcade for 2 tables. So if yoj play the 2 tables a measly 5 times you got your moneys worth.
I have TPA on 3 devices and have all available packs (ios, ps3 & 360), soon on 4 whenthe Steam version gets released.

Flight 2000 is really good and Goin' Nuts is ok to do some fast play on. Not dissappointed in this table pack.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I love Firepower but can't stand Dr. Dude.
Dr Dude is a great playing table with a stupid annoying theme.

Centaur, Firepower, and Black Knight are probably the top ones I dislike.
Centar, Gorgar, and Firepower all seemed a little bland to me at first. I did not like them the first time I played, but after a while they grew on me. Give the tables another try. Black Knight is great but sometimes the camera doesn't cooperate between the top and lower fields. That's one of the few tables I really have to use the top-down camera on.

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
Which of those two didn't you like.
I'm not crazy about all 4 of them, but I'd planned on buying Whirlwind. I didn't because the spinning disks didn't act like I'd remembered. I just downloaded the demo again and it seems they've been improved but aren't there yet. I remember them being covered in grit and having a more subtle influence on the ball. The disks are the best part of the game. There's not much else to do in the game but try to not continually fall into the wells. I used to play this game late at night in my pajamas, as it was in my dormitory at college. So, it has sentimental value. However, the weather theme gets a bit mundane in Oklahoma. Here, Taxi is exotic.

I used to play Space Shuttle in the student union if my companions wanted to play video games. It's boring to me, but the theme makes it even more so. I'd rather leave Earth on the Enterprise.

White Water feels like a marble run. I feel like I'm putting balls on ramps and watching them descend. Also, the idea of white water rafting seems boring and repetitious to me.

The gimmicks in Champion Pub aren't entertaining to me. However, it may be the theme keeping me from enjoying the mechanics. To me, boxing is one of the most primitive forms of entertainment. I used to spar with the local prizefighter, so I know how bland and smelly the sport is. I took the position at the urging of my father. I was the opposite of the soldier my father wanted, so I would do little things to make him happy.

I am a practitioner of the arts and about as far left as one can get, so my taste in pinball will reflect this.

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Wow, androidlove, you probably have the most awkward way of judging pinball tables that I've heard of. Seriously, how does your political stance relate to what pinball tables you'll like?
How about just playing the tables and see how much fun you're having with them. :)

night

May 18, 2012
I'm not crazy about all 4 of them, but I'd planned on buying Whirlwind. I didn't because the spinning disks didn't act like I'd remembered. I just downloaded the demo again and it seems they've been improved but aren't there yet. I remember them being covered in grit and having a more subtle influence on the ball. The disks are the best part of the game. There's not much else to do in the game but try to not continually fall into the wells. I used to play this game late at night in my pajamas, as it was in my dormitory at college. So, it has sentimental value. However, the weather theme gets a bit mundane in Oklahoma. Here, Taxi is exotic.

I used to play Space Shuttle in the student union if my companions wanted to play video games. It's boring to me, but the theme makes it even more so. I'd rather leave Earth on the Enterprise.

White Water feels like a marble run. I feel like I'm putting balls on ramps and watching them descend. Also, the idea of white water rafting seems boring and repetitious to me.

The gimmicks in Champion Pub aren't entertaining to me. However, it may be the theme keeping me from enjoying the mechanics. To me, boxing is one of the most primitive forms of entertainment. I used to spar with the local prizefighter, so I know how bland and smelly the sport is. I took the position at the urging of my father. I was the opposite of the soldier my father wanted, so I would do little things to make him happy.

I am a practitioner of the arts and about as far left as one can get, so my taste in pinball will reflect this.

I really hate to get sucked into a black hole, but the table is awesome.

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
Wow, androidlove, you probably have the most awkward way of judging pinball tables that I've heard of. Seriously, how does your political stance relate to what pinball tables you'll like?
How about just playing the tables and see how much fun you're having with them. :)
It's not awkward to me. It comes naturally. I was just trying to illustrate what effects my tastes. The actual acceptance or rejection is much quicker than the dissection.

I'm a flower child. I like things colorful and fantastic. I'd probably enjoy pachinko on a black light poster;).

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I really hate to get sucked into a black hole, but the table is awesome.
If you get sucked into a real Black Hole, you die. If you get sucked into a Black Hole pinball, you just lose a few quarters and have fun doing it! ;)

BH is still one of my all-time favorites next to Bride of Pinbot. I also had great fun on Goin' Nuts, but I''m wondering just how long this table can hold my attention. Sooner or later I'll get around to playing Flight 2000.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
It's not awkward to me. It comes naturally. I was just trying to illustrate what effects my tastes. The actual acceptance or rejection is much quicker than the dissection.

I'm a flower child. I like things colorful and fantastic. I'd probably enjoy pachinko on a black light poster;).

Sadly its only iOS, but if you want colorful and fantastic, look at the Zaccari tables by ASK Homework (Sub thread in the other pinball games). :D

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
Allthough I still don't understand why you wouldn't buy all packs. Once a month you pay what equals to 5 credits in an arcade for 2 tables. So if yoj play the 2 tables a measly 5 times you got your moneys worth.

with me not buying this months pack is more a matter of principle than the actual money. i think its really poor show to have 2 tables together that are as old as these ones are, and i especially disagree with goin nuts inclusion as it wasnt even a table that was commercially released at the time. for me while flight 2000 isnt a *bad* table its in no way substantial enough to be the main table in a pack, and as a customer the only real way i can show my dissatisfaction is by not buying it, so thats what im doing. instead i spent the money on a couple of zen tables, which i will get way more play out of than these 2 (and thats something i never thought id find myself saying...)

as far as the argument goes about it paying for itself after 5 goes, well i wouldnt put any money into a goin nuts machine and would only consider doing so to flight 2000 if it was the only machine i had the option of playing on.

basically if these 2 tables had been released in separate packs alongside more appealing main tables, i wouldnt have had a problem (i would still dislike goin nuts, but it wouldnt be an issue for me), but together? nah, im not having it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
If you get sucked into a real Black Hole, you die. If you get sucked into a Black Hole pinball, you just lose a few quarters and have fun doing it! ;)

Or do you become greater than you ever thought? Maybe get spit out in another sector of the galaxy or travel back in time? theoretical physics are awesome to think about!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts