Table Pack 20 Announced! Cue Ball Wizard™ and El Dorado City of Gold™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Right on. 1812 and Haunted House definitely have their fans, and CBW isn't the end of the world. I think though the general consensus is Gottlieb fatigue, everyone's ready to move on. Next month it's time for some Stern, Sega, or DE stuff for sure.

Yes, I agree it's time to move on. Just trying to make the most of it and look on the bright side.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And try to sympathize with players who have been promised 8-Ball Deluxe, a massively requested classic only to be let down month after month.

Um Mark? Who exactly promised this to you? At best, it was said to 'probably' be the next Bally table from that poll. You guys that do your table pack speculation threads work yourselves up too much about the 'what ifs' and then believe your own hype!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Um Mark? Who exactly promised this to you? At best, it was said to 'probably' be the next Bally table from that poll. You guys that do your table pack speculation threads work yourselves up too much about the 'what ifs' and then believe your own hype!

Bobby confirmed it as the next classic Bally release months and months ago.

He also confirmed Black Knight rom emulation in the same podcast. So you're right, what was I thinking believing him.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Bobby confirmed it as the next classic Bally release months and months ago.

He also confirmed Black Knight rom emulation in the same podcast. So you're right, what was I thinking believing him.

So have we had another classic Bally table yet? He didn't say the next pool table theme! And as for Black Knight emulation...it is done. As in confirmed when we were up there. It just hasn't been patched yet.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
So have we had another classic Bally table yet? He didn't say the next pool table theme! And as for Black Knight emulation...it is done. As in confirmed when we were up there. It just hasn't been patched yet.

Can you like , uh, stop talking down to me like I'm a 12 year old. I'm 29. Lose the condescending attitude.

I know about BK emulation. I'm saying, silly me for expecting 8-Ball Deluxe and BK rom emulation any time soon, after a Bobby mention. You said, who exactly promised this to you? Bobby did, but again silly me for reading into anything that is said in those podcasts. Don't worry I've learned my lesson, never expect good tables when mentioned, instead expect to be trolled with stuff like CBW.

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Seriously, Mark, are you on a drunk temper?

To me it feels that you are the one most condescending in this thread.

Maybe keep the discussion less personal? Can't we all just get along?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Seriously, Mark, are you on a drunk temper?

To me it feels that you are the one most condescending in this thread.

Maybe keep the discussion less personal? Can't we all just get along?

I'm always tempermental. But I don't feel like I've been condescending at all.

I agree. I love you guys. Let's just move on.

Look if people want to speak their peace about why they don't like tables, let them. Plenty of people hated Dr. Dude, I wasn't one of them, but for me and many others it's definitely felt like 4 months of sub par releases.

If you don't agree fine. But if you are going to defend these releases, then a discussion is going down. And it has.

Basically we just need Fish Tales or something to bring everyone's sanity and enthusiam back. Divisive table releases = a rocky road, nobody want's that.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Huh? What? Was there a fight? What did I miss!!

(goes back and re reads the thread)

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I have no idea what all this fuss is about, I'm just happy that I get the opportunity to play more tables. One I played as a kid (CBW) and one I've never played before (El Dorado), and I don't see why anything else should be expected. It's pinball guys, go and play and be happy

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Huh? What? Was there a fight? What did I miss!!

(goes back and re reads the thread)

And you... you told me you hate Premier in the chat room. Speak your mind. You're not going to lose Bobbys or anyone at Farsights respect if you say you don't like certain tables.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I have no idea what all this fuss is about, I'm just happy that I get the opportunity to play more tables. One I played as a kid (CBW) and one I've never played before (El Dorado), and I don't see why anything else should be expected. It's pinball guys, go and play and be happy

Precisely.

Nurse, Mark's out of bed again......

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Precisely.

Nurse, Mark's out of bed again......

It's alright to get tables like this once and awhile but geez. Aside from Terminator 2 the last 3 packs have included one (Haunted House) table that people actively request and want to play. I want to play some of the lesser known tables too, but not every pack needs to have this. ESPECIALLY in a row.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This thread has my attention now, and not in a good way. Let's dial back the nascent drama a bit, take a deep breath, and try again.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Agreed Goo but I would say that even though the last couple of packs haven't appeared to blow my skirt up, I still agree with many on the forum that firstly the value for money is excellent, and secondly, it's allowed my to play pins I would probably walk past.

I have said here that class of 1812 is a complete suckfest. Now I want to eat those words. Same goes for Victory.

As a pinfan, it's nice to be able to play less well known stuff, and some would say, the less appreciated.

N

netizen

It's alright to get tables like this once and awhile but geez. Aside from Terminator 2 the last 3 packs have included one (Haunted House) table that people actively request and want to play. I want to play some of the lesser known tables too, but not every pack needs to have this. ESPECIALLY in a row.

2 if you count Class of 1812
3 if you count Cue Ball Wizard
4 If you count Flight 2000's poll showing.

Confirmation Bias is such a wonderful thing.

It seems like this is the favourite topic just before every new pack release. The "Let's complain about what's to be released" trend is getting really boring.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I can say that anyone who thinks CBW approaches the quality of something like Jack*Bot is either delusional, or clinically insane.

Mark, so it's ok for you to throw stuff like this around? Look in the mirror, man. No one would say that stuff to you if you didn't start it to begin with.

Seriously though, let's get along, folks.

Williams and Bally tables are coming. The world hasn't ended yet.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Mark, so it's ok for you to throw stuff like this around? Look in the mirror, man. No one would say that stuff to you if you didn't start it to begin with.

Seriously though, let's get along, folks.

Jeff, where have I personally attacked someone. You guys are not good moderators if you don't see how disrespectful his comment was, and the difference between opinion/argumentation, and harassment.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
2 if you count Class of 1812
3 if you count Cue Ball Wizard
4 If you count Flight 2000's poll showing.

Confirmation Bias is such a wonderful thing.

It seems like this is the favourite topic just before every new pack release. The "Let's complain about what's to be released" trend is getting really boring.

Wow you're really proud of yourself.

One topic doesn't mean people REALLY wanted to see any of the tables. I could make a topic too and link to it in the future. I'll go create one asking for Hollywood Heat so when they put that out and people complain you can show them that as your proof people LOVE it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts