Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Actuall it's going to be El Dorado and Evil Kineval (sorry I spelled his last name wrong) plays pool on Bally's Eight Ball Deluxe, then jumps 6,000,000 cars while going 6000 miles an hour.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Eight Ball Deluxe seems distinctly more likely than Cue Ball Wizard. EBD has been requested so much more, and was such a ubiquitous table in its day. The historical significance of EBD dwarves that of CBW.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
If it's EBD, along with El Dorado, I'll be pretty disappointed. At least I'll have Class of 1812 and Victory first. Those two will ease the pain.

I love CBW, such a fun table.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I think getting CBW wouldn't be too much of a shock, seeing the last two tables were ranked 1 & 2 in the Gottlieb poll. It would only make sense to finish it out with the 3rd ranked table, and probably move on to the next Poll list.

Deepest blue

Jul 14, 2012
There was another pool themed table from Bally, Eight Ball Champ, I think it came after EBD but I don't think it was anyway as popular (or as good) as EBD. I'm fairly new to this forum so I don't know if you're allowed to post pictures otherwise I would have posted a pic of EBC just for show.. but I certainly wouldn't want it over EBD or even CBW...

Pinhead45

Dec 30, 2012
I hope it is CBW over EBD but I'll still buy either one. I just don't get the palm trees in the hint for this month. What does that have to do with these games, these are all cowboy pool hall games.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I hope it is CBW over EBD but I'll still buy either one. I just don't get the palm trees in the hint for this month. What does that have to do with these games, these are all cowboy pool hall games.

+1

I'm assuming the trees are for "El Dorado".

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think getting CBW wouldn't be too much of a shock, seeing the last two tables were ranked 1 & 2 in the Gottlieb poll. It would only make sense to finish it out with the 3rd ranked table, and probably move on to the next Poll list.

Yeah I have a feeling this is what they're doing.

Well all I can say is, the sooner we get the Premier tables out of the way, the better. I just pray they don't go much deeper into the list. The next game on that list is the dreadful Street Fighter 2...

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
SFII is not dreadful. Sure, the backglass makes Chun-Li look like a stereotype anime Chinese girl, but get past that and you've got a great player's game.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Never played it, always wanted to though.

I think you're the first person I've seen that doesn't like it.

I played one on site but the flippers were so weak it was impossible to make any of the ramps, which as you can imagine ruined the game.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'd be happy with either CBW or EBD - but if I have to pick one,then EBD is my choice. Simply for nostalgia,as it is the first pinball I can remember playing that stuck in my head.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Today on their Facebook page, FarSight made an illuminating reply to a post from a player complaining about the recent Gottlieb glut:

The Pinball Arcade We had to work out a deal for more williams licenses, we buy them in packs. We are however happy that we were able to add some good Gottlieb tables to our game while we were doing so though.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Oh cripes, more legal issues for FS to handle. Everyone knew this would come, but I don't think anyone realised it would be a "problem" (ie. big enough to stall WMS tables for a few months. Shouldn't it just be formalities?

I guess that leaves out EBD as a possibility.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Oh cripes, more legal issues for FS to handle. Everyone knew this would come, but I don't think anyone realised it would be a "problem" (ie. big enough to stall WMS tables for a few months. Shouldn't it just be formalities?

I guess that leaves out EBD as a possibility.

I wouldn't call it legal "issues". They just needed some more time to negotiate. They always advertised having Gottliebs from the start so there's no real controversy. It would become a legal issue if they failed to reacquire the rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts