Table Pack #25 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I wouldn't take anything you see in that one source too seriously anyway. WHO Dunnit and BK2K aren't in there anywhere nor were they ever in there.

Yeah they were, but not in that folder. That same folder points to a different game other than High Speed so will be interesting to see what table is announced in the next few weeks

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I looked in a certain other folder and I did see a certain other table in there, but that really doesn't mean anything. They can always add things with the next patch.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
not a big fan of S.Ritchie's games - love only STNG, on other his tables this "shoot mini-loop" game is too boring for me.
Sean, I think there should be one of those moderator-initiated ban thingys you guys do to someone who dare to speaketh lowly of a pinball GOD. It's almost worse than speaking highly of the Avengers pin!

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Sean, I think there should be one of those moderator-initiated ban thingys you guys do to someone who dare to speaketh lowly of a pinball GOD. It's almost worse than speaking highly of the Avengers pin!

and i think we must ban every EM and Gottlieb hater but they are still here.
so if you love Ritchie's firm mini-loop shooting games i hope then you have fun while do it on BK2K in TPA - i made 15 in a row it was HUGE entertainment! XD and upcoming HS has EXACTLY same loop addiction gameplay - gottlieb tables with different table layouts are boring for you people? - of course!! )))

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
just quotin'.
Did I miss something? After all, this is a speculation thread. High Speed wasn't confirmed until someone matched the clue in a Farsight letter to their personal table. No file tampering going on.
so if you love Ritchie's firm mini-loop shooting games i hope then you have fun while do it on BK2K in TPA - i made 15 in a row it was HUGE entertainment! XD and upcoming HS has EXACTLY same loop addiction gameplay - gottlieb tables with different table layouts are boring for you people? - of course!! )))
Those loops can still be very tricky to pull off. I think the most I ever got was five or six consecutive bone ramp shots on Scared Stiff. I also practiced a lot on Bride of Pinbot and got pretty good at hitting the shuttle launch ramp. Proud member of the billion point bonus club, just sayin'. BK2K is insanely fast though so the timing hitting the loops/ramps consecutively is tough.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Those loops can still be very tricky to pull off. I think the most I ever got was five or six consecutive bone ramp shots on Scared Stiff. I also practiced a lot on Bride of Pinbot and got pretty good at hitting the shuttle launch ramp. Proud member of the billion point bonus club, just sayin'. BK2K is insanely fast though so the timing hitting the loops/ramps consecutively is tough.
i'm not 100% sure that Scared Stiff's, Space Shattle's or BoBP's standard ramp shots are related to mini-loop shots from top right flipper on most of Ritchie's Tables which i was talking about.
and i'm proud member of all-time top 10 on Space Shuttle just saying XD.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
i'm not 100% sure that Scared Stiff's, Space Shattle's or BoBP's standard ramp shots are related to mini-loop shots from top right flipper on most of Ritchie's Tables which i was talking about.
and i'm proud member of all-time top 10 on Space Shuttle just saying XD.
They're not, I just used them as examples of shots that was fun to hit over and over.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

I tend to agree with Vpalmer. I think Ritchie is a bit overrated. I don't hate his designs or tables overall but there are several that I just really don't get why people think they are so great.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

I agree. We should start a club of EM lovers. You, me, and the few other EM sickies that float around here.

As for pack for 25, very excited to see High Speed (if that is indeed the pin). Fun yet difficult pin. It doesn't try to trick you, there aren't a million esoteric rules to learn. It just says here is what to do, I dare you to do it. And most times I can't. Fast, fun, great lights, and who doesn't love the police radio callouts?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I agree. We should start a club of EM lovers. You, me, and the few other EM sickies that float around here.

As for pack for 25, very excited to see High Speed (if that is indeed the pin). Fun yet difficult pin. It doesn't try to trick you, there aren't a million esoteric rules to learn. It just says here is what to do, I dare you to do it. And most times I can't. Fast, fun, great lights, and who doesn't love the police radio callouts?

They just opened a small arcade in the area called Pop Bumpers. Pretty much all EM games. The place is awesome!!!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
BTW, High Speed doesn't have a mini loop. It has a ramp.which is not loopable.
F-14 tomcat doesn't have a mini loop
ST:TNG doesn't have a mini-loop.

The Getaway DOES have one.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

I'm in...Especially if there is room for some gottlieb love in there too.

BTW, High Speed doesn't have a mini loop. It has a ramp.which is not loopable.
F-14 tomcat doesn't have a mini loop

The Getaway DOES have one.

The getaway mini loop is pretty handy since it increases your rpm but it is the harder of two ways to lock the ball and I hope, assuming it makes it into TPA, that they make it so.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
srsly? then what was that thing what i had to shoot until freaking 9.9 warp factor? or may be if it is a "mini-loop through the ramp/habitrail" then it is not mini-loop anymore?
and f-14 has same orbit to upper flippers loop with only difference now you must shoot targets at the end of the loop instead of loop itself - amazing eveolution design by S.R. XD
as Bowflex already said - i dont dislike Ritchie's tables, but they little overrated imo, mostly because they was very popular due to their good quality effects for their time period.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Pat Lawlor abuses the mini-loop just as much as Ritchie. Fun House, Ripleys, Whirlwind are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online