Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks Dokken. Appreciate the write up on BSD. This Sounds really promising. I like everything that has come out this season, but with BSD or WCS94 added, this season will rock hard.

- It's been getting more and more highly requested than ever. Whenever someone asks the rep about it, he usually says it "has a real good shot" or "That's one that's high on our list".

- Someone asked about the possibility of a few tables this season, including "Dracula". The Rep shot all of them down, but said "Dracula" had a "Real good shot".

- During the last Twitch Feed, the 2 Reps took questions on "Dracula", including from myself. Now, whenever someone asks about the possibility of a certain table during these feeds, the Reps usually go through the motions and say "Maybe", "Who knows?", "We'll see", Yadda yadda yadda. However, anytime someone asked about "Dracula", they were almost always silent or wouldn't even respond. I asked them if "Dracula" would require a Kickstarter? (since some here keep saying that it would) The response I got was NOTHING. They never answered the question. Now, why would they not answer that? I also told them "Thanks in advance for 'Dracula' this season, because there's no way you can ignore all these endless requests for it". They responded with "How presuming of you", and smiled like a baby who just loaded their diaper. lol

It's just the little things like this that kinda almost tell you that we're getting it this season. In fact, I would literally be shocked and stunned if we didn't.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Wow, if Dracula was the last table in season 3, that would be amazing.

I am really hopeful now after reading that.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well, during the last twitch feed, one of my questions to the FS reps was what was their favorite table of Season 3. One of them (I think it was Badger) had to watch what he wanted to say, because it was one of the unreleased tables.

We already knew about Diner, so that's not it. I've personally have never played either of the speculated tins, but if LCA & HTC do turn out to be the ones - I can't see either of those being better than what we already have out.

Which leaves the unknown table. What ever pin that may be, my guess is that it will be the best one of the rest of Season 3.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
130 people voted for Wizard.
And although that has a potential licensing quirk due to the backglass, 113 people voted for Spirit of 76 which has no licensing quirk at all.

(Sorcerer isn't an EM BTW, it's a SS made roughly around the same time as "Space Shuttle".)

The problem with both the Gottlieb and the EM poll is it really wasn't a true head-to-head with everything. In both poll threads there's some moaning along the lines of "none are great". It possibly does mean that Farsight will throw an EM bone eventually, because there are some pretty vocal fans that counter-argue the moaners. (Particularly in the EM poll thread I'd say, but there are a few Gottlieb defenders too).

My "gut impression" is that this is mostly the DMD or late-alphanumeric Williams / Bally machines that sell, to be honest. The Facebook reaction on this one when confirmed I think will be interesting. Not all Premiers are hated, but the ones you mentioned that aren't are licensed DMDs, not late 80s Gottlieb.

Yes, I know, that's why I said that the popular EMs like "Wizard" will definiately get made eventually. Heck, I even said that the majority of the Top Ten Poll winners will eventually end up getting made, it's just a matter of when Farsight wants to do them. I think we can all agree that EMs and Gottlieb/Premier tables are on the "Low Priority" list.

If anyone's starting to cross the line it's you. I'm not on an "anti Gottlieb rant". First of all, I've said time and time again there is a huge difference between Gottlieb and Premier. I love true Gotliebs like Big Shot, Genie, Black Hole, and Haunted House.

Street Fighter 2 is one of the most notoriously awful tables in all of pinball. 100 votes is sad considering what the other polls were doing. The Premier poll had the worst turnout of all the polls.

Second, I am over it. You're the one that needs to chill out. Look at my post history, I've posted 2 or 3 times max about my feelings, and I'm not the first person, many are dissapointed. I didn't make the "Gottlieb hate thread" or whatever, just back off man.

And 3rd calling Eight Ball Deluxe trash, when it's the second highest selling pinball ever with a ton of fans and a tournament favorite 34 years later, ok man. Whatever you say. Eight Ball is garbage and LCA is a master piece lol whatever makes you happy bro.

I'm crossing the line? lol You're the only one ranting and raving about how terrible of a choice these Premier tables are. I got no problem with that opinion, but don't try and deny making such rants when it's clear as day for anyone to see. We get it, EM GOTTLIEB TABLES ONLY!!!! lol

I also DID look at your post history, and it's just as I remember it- Premier rants and arguing with others. You didn't need to remind me. ;) I'll tell you want, I'll just let you continue on, cause I'm already bored.

(Oh, and EBD is NOT the 2nd highest selling table of all time....not even close.)

Thanks Dokken. Appreciate the write up on BSD. This Sounds really promising. I like everything that has come out this season, but with BSD or WCS94 added, this season will rock hard.

No problem.

I agree, if "Dracula" is the last table, I'd say this season, at least for me, would be just as good, if not better, than Season 1. It's already a million times better than Season 2.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Season 3 is getting close to season 1 but still lacking big tables
Maybe still coming

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
The answer lies in extra runs of making the pin. I'm sure we both agree they didn't just make over 12,000 units right off the bat. They kept making them because operators kept placing orders. The operators ordered more because the pin was a money maker. I believe that is because of gameplay as I find the art and theme nothing special. I know the first time I walked up to one, I wasn't that impressed with the look of it. But after I played it, I couldn't walk away from it. That's all I'm trying to say.
But I agree totally with you on modern day pins. I don't think an operator will consider a pin without a good theme attached to it either. Being a good playing pin these days is more of a bonus.

All right, fair enough.

There'd be no way for me to delve into the psychology of an operator or a pinball player in the days of electromechanical machines with any degree of accuracy, so I go by what people are after in modern days and assume little had changed since then, although licensed themes were rare back in the day (but not unheard of). It'd be interesting to learn if presentation really was largely inconsequential compared to gameplay during then though, considering presentation is everything in modern games (and not just pinball).

I'd say you'd be in the minority. I think this Season, and I'd even say most would agree, has been on par with Season 1.

We're getting a ton of very popular, very much requested tables. I haven't seen too many complaints.

It has certainly been better than Season 2.

I can say this much: Before I learned of The Pinball Arcade, I had played Junk Yard and loved it. When I saw the list of tables for The Pinball Arcade, I was surprised not to see Junk Yard on the list and was hoping it would show up eventually.

Street Fighter 2 is one of the most notoriously awful tables in all of pinball.

This, of course, is a matter of opinion. Street Fighter II seems to get a lot of attention from passers-by when put out in public because its theme is one that the mainstream continues to be familiar with and is a good fit for arcades, which already mostly have like three different Street Fighter games already. It's also a beginner-friendly, easy-to-understand table--in other words, it makes newcomers feel welcome. Personally, the game pauses the action too often for me to play for very long, but whenever I see Street Fighter II on location, there is usually someone there who can't seem to get enough of it.

I'm sure there are few supporters of the artwork though.

If you want notoriously awful, I think there are better examples in The Rolling Stones (you have to wrangle with Mick Jagger every step of the way towards everything you do) or Caveman (which is an auto-scrolling platformer riddled with fake difficulty with pinball on the side).

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I think Whodunnit is in the running for best table in all of Pinball Arcade.
Most popular are TOM, AFM and MM, followed by other season 1 tables. There are at least twice as many players who play BS than BR and BR is already top of Season 3. That has to do with restricted releases like missing the PS4 but the impact of that is not that high.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Most popular are TOM, AFM and MM, followed by other season 1 tables. There are at least twice as many players who play BS than BR and BR is already top of Season 3. That has to do with restricted releases like missing the PS4 but the impact of that is not that high.

Tales of the Arabian Nights is the most popular, it is free

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

What are you basing these figures on? Leaderboards or something?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
What are you basing these figures on? Leaderboards or something?
Leaderboards

I ignored TOTAN because its a gift that many people take just like any other free table. Not all players register and some register more than once. The leaderboards aren't that good for estimating recent sales.

Monday evening numbers are more extreme than weekend. Probably because the popular tables are played every day by their fans and the less liked once a week.

tjsynkral

Mar 3, 2013
Hoo boy. Confirmed for myself what the next 3 tables are. Except for Diner it's looking more like S2 all over again - getting all the crap out at the tail end of the season. Cue the season pack refund requests!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Hoo boy. Confirmed for myself what the next 3 tables are. Except for Diner it's looking more like S2 all over again - getting all the crap out at the tail end of the season. Cue the season pack refund requests!

There's no way you confirmed the last table.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013

They'd have no grounds to stand on. They knew going in that they may release tables they didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.