Table Pack #30 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Season 1 had the best tables, but suffered from lousy (by today's standards) physics and inauthentic play (the notorious easying to make more accessible). That automatically makes it the worst season.

Hmmmm do you guys think that for the Xbox One release season 1 tables will use the same physics engine that season 3 uses, seeing as the XB1 version will be using the new DX11 engine out of the gate??

One thing I hope they do is redone the toys on the Monster Bash table, those models are not that great!!

night

May 18, 2012
^
Mmmm, I don't think so, TOM's physics for example seems really dated compared to the newer tables. Overall, TPA's physics are too smooth and polished, it needs more imperfection, more raw. I really don't have a problem with the physics in TPA, but the fact that a lot of tables play too easy is what takes the fun away. Zaccaria might be too hard, TPA is too easy.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Hmmmm do you guys think that for the Xbox One release season 1 tables will use the same physics engine that season 3 uses, seeing as the XB1 version will be using the new DX11 engine out of the gate??

Maybe I misunderstand you, but DX11 is for lighting not physics.

Compare MM with AFM! MM is less active. Trapping is easier.

I'd say, same physics engine. It's tweaked differently.

Remember the Reit guy.

Every platform uses the exact same physics code/engine? Writing a physics engine is quite complicated, and I have no desire to write two different physics engines.

Last edited:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
What on earth is "BSD"? Can anyone please spell out its full title? :confused: I have no idea what it is supposed to be...

Sometimes the discussions on here are a bit hard to follow due to all these abbrieviations.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Sometimes the discussions on here are a bit hard to follow due to all these abbrieviations.
Yeah, I've been running into the same problem. In the past, you could just roll your mouse over the abbreviation and it would display the full name. However, for some reason that feature doesn't work anymore. Perhaps someone should create a pinball abbreviation thread.

maestroreese

Aug 8, 2012
Yeah, I've been running into the same problem. In the past, you could just roll your mouse over the abbreviation and it would display the full name. However, for some reason that feature doesn't work anymore. Perhaps someone should create a pinball abbreviation thread.

There originally was a thread with table stats-HoF totals, goal hints, and abbrevs. (see what I did there?) should still be around but it needs to be championed by someone. It takes a ton of time to play though, get an accurate idea of the table values, and write the posts, in addition to squashing bugs.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

That's mainly why I usually just spell out the complete title of the pinball table, even though people have complained about it. (Like I'll ever care. lol)

...but yes, BSD= Bram Stoker's Dracula.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014

Somebody's know what happened with this feature? It was really good.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I believe all tables use the same physics engine.
They do but the tables are individually tweaked.

Even Vp only has a single physics engine but with tweaked variables different tables can seem like they are running under different engines
What on earth is "BSD"? Can anyone please spell out its full title? :confused: I have no idea what it is supposed to be...

You will get used to them. I've been here from the beginning and a few if them still have me scratching my head
Berkeley Software Distribution uh .. Bram Stoker's Dracula
Free BSD? yes please
That's mainly why I usually just spell out the complete title of the pinball table, even though people have complained about it. (Like I'll ever care. lol)

...but yes, BSD= Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I thought people complained about your use of quotation marks. Not that i care myself just what I remember.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
We're not getting TAF by Halloween. As I said before, they already said it won't be ready in time.

Again, I'm guessing "Bone Busters, Inc." or "Phantom of the Opera".
I wouldn't completely count out TAF. They'd almost certainly get more money if they time the KS for a Halloween release, something something hunch.

Not saying it'll happen, but it might not be that far fetched.

Hoping for Tales from the Crypt, though. Be great to close out the season on Pinball Arcade's first DE table.

Season 1 had the best tables, but suffered from lousy (by today's standards) physics and inauthentic play (the notorious easying to make more accessible). That automatically makes it the worst season.
Creech :(

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I thought people complained about your use of quotation marks. Not that i care myself just what I remember.

That's right, it was the quotation marks that bothered them! (Because that makes a ton of sense! lol)

Cool, I'll keep doing them. :cool:

I wouldn't completely count out TAF. They'd almost certainly get more money if they time the KS for a Halloween release, and there's a placeholder file for it in the PC/Steam release (along with BSD). (Edit: Though reading FS confirmed it won't be out by Halloween... there you go. Maybe it'll be in the first pack afterwards)

Not saying it'll happen, but it might not be that far fetched.

Hoping for Tales from the Crypt, though. Be great to close out the season on Pinball Arcade's first DE table.

Creech :(

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about what's in the PC files?

And no, we're not getting TFTC, because it would HAVE to go into PAD.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, I agree. As much as I would like The Getaway it isn't a meaty enough table to start a season. They'll want to get people interested in buying the season pass so will want to start with a coveted table that has quite a few rules. If they can't open with Addams Family by then I think Road Show is a good bet. But hoping they would shoot even higher and surprise us with a SAM table like Family Guy or Mustang to set the tone for the season. But that won't happen. :(

I'd be happy either with The Getaway or Red and Ted to start off the season. Both are worth the money IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.