Table pack 33 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
That depends solely on what machine Farsight has, and whether or not Williams will allow it to be featured on Pinball Arcade.

I doubt they could nab one of the 200 sample tables that were made, but how difficult would it be to make that piece move up and down in a video game, provided it was something that Williams would allow? The only reason it was abandoned in production versions was cost. It was supposed to be part of the game features. Anyway, just curious about it. We will all find out soon enough.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The moving quake institute is considered a mod. If FS sticks by the rules of the license, they are only allowed to put out production run versions.

I hate that policy by the way. Tables that had things cut purely for cost should have the chance to get those things back in. Would love to see Firepower with drop targets.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Ah, yes, your point about the Firepower drop targets basically answers my question with regards to the building sinking into the Earthshaker table's playfield. It seems extremely unlikely due to these license rules.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ah, yes, your point about the Firepower drop targets basically answers my question with regards to the building sinking into the Earthshaker table's playfield. It seems extremely unlikely due to these license rules.

I mean let's face it, 97% of all the Firepowers out there don't have the drops. Conversely, every Earthshaker I've played in the last year and a half has had the moving sign. It also doesn't affect gameplay like the Firepower mod does.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The moving quake institute is considered a mod. If FS sticks by the rules of the license, they are only allowed to put out production run versions.

This is a persistent myth. Farsight can do modifications just fine as long as Williams/Stern/Gottlieb agrees. Proof by example: removing songs from CFTBL, altering the Christopher Lloyd likeness for TAF, removing the Data East logo from POTO. Also inadvertent modifications in inaccurate rules scripting for Firepower, Black Knight, and Gorgar, which Williams hasn't bothered to object to.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This is a persistent myth. Farsight can do modifications just fine as long as Williams/Stern/Gottlieb agrees. Proof by example: removing songs from CFTBL, altering the Christopher Lloyd likeness for TAF. Also inadvertent modifications in inaccurate rules scripting for Firepower, Black Knight, and Gorgar, which Williams hasn't bothered to object to.

I think 'myth' is a touch strong for the situation here. Inaccurate scripting of rules for tables Williams themself never wrote full rules for is easy to miss. Dropping music or an image for the sake of having the table rather than not due to licensing cost is entirely up to Williams, or more specifically Roger Sharpe. If he doesn't catch it, like was the case on TZ where the guard was put in by the bumpers, FS later updates the tables to how they are supposed to be.

I know on CC they were not allowed to put the outlaw stickers in the quick draw targets, for the express reason that they were prototype only. I also asked Bobby specifically about Earthshaker and he said it'd have to be the static sign. Now that was a while ago, and perhaps the machine FS gets has the moving version and it 'slips by', but what I was told was it shouldn't.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm with Wild One, I say for Decembers table it will be Starship Troopers as a nice Christmas Present for all of us. I also hope they do the 12 days of Pinball, like they have been doing the last couple years, maybe they can let loose a couple of games that are coming in the other couple seasons, would be cool.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I'm with Wild One, I say for Decembers table it will be Starship Troopers as a nice Christmas Present for all of us. I also hope they do the 12 days of Pinball, like they have been doing the last couple years, maybe they can let loose a couple of games that are coming in the other couple seasons, would be cool.

Maybe we will get more info about pinball after dark huh

I wonder if we will actually get anything from these 12 days of christmas or will it be like last year again.Just too good to be true!

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Maybe we will get more info about pinball after dark huh

I wonder if we will actually get anything from these 12 days of christmas or will it be like last year again.Just too good to be true!

Just some reminders of what 2014 had in store for us.

1-PS4 release date
2-Mac Steam version
3-New GUI revealed
4-More PS4 chest-thumping from FarSight
5-Rave PS4 version reviews from GamerHub, PSNation, Gaikoku, and scratchymuffledaudio.com (made up that last one)
6-Holiday tournament
7-Fish Tales kicks off season 3
8-Orbals, w/first 30 levels to release in "early" 2014
9-Challenge mode
10-Steam Linux version
11-Pinball After Dark
12-FarSight wished us a Merry Christmas

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
12 days of Xmas, while fun, winds up being more of an April Fools joke. Or maybe it's an Xmas wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online