Table pack 33 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
A lot of "bah humbug" going on. Better to say nothing than give some tidbits of what's in the pipeline? I say bring on the info. Even if things don't pan out or are well down the road its nice to get a peek at what their current roadmap is.

At the least it will invite feedback and discussion whether negative or positive.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A lot of "bah humbug" going on. Better to say nothing than give some tidbits of what's in the pipeline? I say bring on the info. Even if things don't pan out or are well down the road its nice to get a peek at what their current roadmap is.

At the least it will invite feedback and discussion whether negative or positive.

The problem is the past 2 years it has created a whirlwind of negativity on this forum. Believe me, I championed them posting the UI pics because I believed it was right around the corner. Here we are a year later, and nothing has changed. With FarSight, one should definitely not count their chickens before they hatch.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
The problem is the past 2 years it has created a whirlwind of negativity on this forum. Believe me, I championed them posting the UI pics because I believed it was right around the corner. Here we are a year later, and nothing has changed. With FarSight, one should definitely not count their chickens before they hatch.

This.

Sometimes it's hard to defend them, it truly is. I mean, sure, some things are out of their control, but you can only use so many excuses for so many things.

- I get it, they're a small company with a small staff, but nobody told them to put their product out on every single platform and device. When you do that, you kinda need to hire the appropriate number of staff to keep up with everything that goes with it. There's no reason why different system users have to wait months and months on end, while everyone else gets to enjoy the games. If you know that you can instantly put out games for PC and mobile, than you do so when you know the date the games will be released for PS3/Vita. I can't even begin to imagine how the releases will go for Xbox users, if and when they ever get their games.

I think xbox has been "on the way" and "coming soon" for about 2-3 years, now. Meanwhile, they're wasting their time on nonsense stuff like "Orbals" or a subpar "Ghostbusters" game that next to nobody cares about or will waste their time on. I get testing business models, but if it interferes with TPA, then it makes no sense. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "Orbals" has held up the xbox releases quite a bit, and that's excluding the Microsoft/new developer fiasco.

- What I don't get is all this complaining about "negative comments"? lol This isn't directed at one person, but many:

Is this not a discussion forum? Are we not supposed to discuss all the flaws and wrong doings of the company, or are we only allowed to praise them? If negativity (Aka "Facts") bother you, you're free to leave at any time...nobody is forcing you to stay here and read such comments.

- As for the 12 Days of Christmas, well, as I've said many times before- Giant waste of time. You want to give us something worth while? Try following through on one of many promises or at the very least, release "Sorcerer", that awesome game that should've been released to begin with.

I think my hard earned money spent on every single table, or a Kickstarter, or a worthless pro table, earns me the right to complain.

*End of rant* :p

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I often disagree with this guy but I must admit that I largely agree with what was previously expressed just above.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I'm still in the more information camp. I don't get putting a stopper on releasing any info unless its iron clad.

The fact that they haven't made good on all the stuff they want to do, or there are serious delays, doesn't impact me one bit. There's a functional game there that I've probably spent over a hundred hours enjoying so anything additional is icing. I don't take it personally that its taking longer to do things like DX11, UI, or emulation even though I really want those things. I know the company track record. It'll happen when it happens. Its just the reality of the situation for a small company.

So I still say another 12-days of Christmas. Or perhaps half that with some updates on where they currently are with all the features they've mentioned. And like I said, if anything, it brings discussion.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I don't see it as the forum being negative as much as the bloom is off the rose.

I like how ASK is doing the Zacc tables. They're making it as good as it can possibly be on one platform and THEN releasing to other platforms as a whole. The fact that android users are gonna get 27 Zacc tables all at once at the quality level their currently at is pretty awesome. The game has taken seismic leaps in the last six months, because rather than stretching themselves too thin, ASK is making the game as bulletproof as they can before expanding. And if you go into that sub forum it's a love fest, cause we all appreciate and see the progress from release to release. You look at farsight and they make promises they can't keep (ala 12 days & pinball after dark) which erodes goodwill.

now that I can't buy a season pass on iOS, I'm considering waiting till their obligatory "two weeks after release" patch which fixes all the new table bugs before I buy. All their tables have been very buggy/glitchy upon release since LCA. Which probably coincides with work on ghostbusters. Why should I devote so much time and money to a subpar initial product when I know there will be a patch coming to fix it? Farsight should really take a breath between seasons to fix things rather than careenng forward and degrading the overall quality and eroding goodwill. Though perhaps their business model does not allow for that. But I'd have to imagine older tables still sell, just due to their name value and popularity. Yet some still have major bugs. The PLaystation master bug list is so huge I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it.

If we can't talk reality on this forum what's the use of posting?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'm still in the more information camp. I don't get putting a stopper on releasing any info unless its iron clad.

The fact that they haven't made good on all the stuff they want to do, or there are serious delays, doesn't impact me one bit. There's a functional game there that I've probably spent over a hundred hours enjoying so anything additional is icing. I don't take it personally that its taking longer to do things like DX11, UI, or emulation even though I really want those things. I know the company track record. It'll happen when it happens. Its just the reality of the situation for a small company.

So I still say another 12-days of Christmas. Or perhaps half that with some updates on where they currently are with all the features they've mentioned. And like I said, if anything, it brings discussion.

...and that's how most of us feel, but we can still be frustrated.

I want POTO now, but it will come out when it comes out. My issue is that they constantly make things harder on themselves, and most of the time, it makes no sense. lol

("We have to catch up on the PS3 games, we gotta get around to releasing TPA on the Xbox systems....but first, let's make 'Orbals'"!)

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
When you're stuck at Table #28 there is a bitter irony to people speculating about #33 and beyond.Sounds like science fiction to me.More fiction than science.

Then again it could be worse.I could be a Xbox or PS4 user.As said above, given how thin FarSight stretches itself, it is somewhat irritating seeing how FarSight does find time for stuff like Ghostbusters.Oh well.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Gimme love

mzl.qgclxtde.150x150-75.png

Pinheads

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
When you're stuck at Table #28 there is a bitter irony to people speculating about #33 and beyond.Sounds like science fiction to me.More fiction than science.

Then again it could be worse.I could be a Xbox or PS4 user.As said above, given how thin FarSight stretches itself, it is somewhat irritating seeing how FarSight does find time for stuff like Ghostbusters.Oh well.

Frustrated PS3 european user word ! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts